Stranger Things

Got a darker E.T. vibe off it. And I Shazammed the hell out of the soundtrack!

Just finished episode 4 last night and the damn things got me hooked too.
Any lack of production due to binge watching tonight, I am suing Duncan. The rest of you might be called as witnesses.

I haven't seen an episode of this yet and I'm about to start the first one. I told my parents about all the talk it was getting and the next thing I know they watched 3 episodes in a row.

I haven't seen an episode of this yet and I'm about to start the first one. I told my parents about all the talk it was getting and the next thing I know they watched 3 episodes in a row.

I'll probably rewatch it.

By the time my wife and I finished, she was on Google making sure of a.second season.

It's pretty darn good so far. The scary scenes are very well done and have that classic feel to them.

Update:
Finished the series and really enjoyed it!

I'm not sure how they can do season 2 and keep it as great as season 1. Part of what made it a really good first season was watching the show progress and watching the characters slowly come together like they ultimately did. It'll be hard to follow that up but I'll be tuning in to watch.

Last edited:
They left enough uncertainty to work with.

They gotta fill in the lost time with Mike. How is he not dead? How did he get away from the monster and to that hiding spot?

They gotta fill in the lost time with Mike. How is he not dead? How did he get away from the monster and to that hiding spot?

You mean Will.

He's resourceful.

What bothered me was they hinted at the creature having telekinetic abilities in the first episode. When it chased Will to his house and Will slides the lock closed on the door the creature opens it with it's mind. They quickly abandon this idea and claim he's just a stupid monster out for a bloody meal

Last edited:
You mean Will.

He's resourceful.

What bothered me was they hinted at the creature having telepathic abilities in the first episode. When it chased Will to his house and Will slides the lock closed on the door the creature opens it with it's mind. They quickly abandon this idea and claim he's just a stupid monster out for a bloody meal

Telekinetic and telepathic are two different things..jeez do you even SyFy :) jk

Reactions: 1 person
Of course I know that and just typed the wrong thing, now how about some input on my point? :p

Of course I know that and just typed the wrong thing, now how about some input on my point? :p

I've got nothing. I've watched very little so far, and don't have enough to make a coherant review yet. I'll have to sit down and binge watch sometime in the coming weeks.

I've got nothing. I've watched very little so far, and don't have enough to make a coherant review yet. I'll have to sit down and binge watch sometime in the coming weeks.

Ok, well when you get to the end you'll know exactly what I was talking about.

I have a couple of questions, but I'm on mobile and do not know how to do the spoiler thing..

I'm not sure they abandoned the idea as much as they didn't need to show it again. The monster obviously had special abilities as it could travel between dimensions and heal itself.

Loved it. Wife and I aren't big into sci-fi but we were hooked by episode 2.

I think the acting and storyline are very good. Can't wait for season 2.

Watched it all after going 3 pages deep in this thread - freaking awesome!!

Anyone know if the story will continue or will this be a serial series like Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, and American Horror Story??

My childhood straddled the 80s and 90s - so much spot on nostalgia here; had me grinning ear to ear.

Reminds me of a hardcore version of Goosebumps, Goonies, and, of course, The Twilight Zone/Hitchcock Presents.

If Netflix keeps coming with stuff like this, HBO better watch out!

Anyone know if the story will continue or will this be a serial series like Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, and American Horror Story??

My childhood straddled the 80s and 90s - so much spot on nostalgia here; had me grinning ear to ear.

Reminds me of a hardcore version of Goosebumps, Goonies, and, of course, The Twilight Zone/Hitchcock Presents.

Netflix is really getting better with their stuff.

Probably a bad question..

The monster came into world from upside down through a open portal correct? Two openings, the tree and at the lab.. But the monster can also come from the upside down through the walls and what not also? I am a little lost on this..

Based on what I've read on the internet following the finale they plan on using the same characters and not trying to do standalone seasons like True Detective.

Probably a bad question..

The monster came into world from upside down through a open portal correct? Two openings, the tree and at the lab.. But the monster can also come from the upside down through the walls and what not also? I am a little lost on this..

The way I interpreted it is the true portal is the one in the basement of the lab. The rifts that the monster creates are only temporary and "heal" themselves shortly after.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back