Stock Market Jeeters vs Tennessee Football fallout (Corona Crash).

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
What pray tell would happen to the athletics programs if the market continues its corona crash? Personally I feel bad for people, hard working people, that get caught up and this is unprecedented territory., no history defines what is going on with the market, none.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Kneejerk, the sky if falling type of thread start. We have a leader on top of things, just pray and everything will be fine. 2009 over 1000 died with the swine flu. This is not as deadly, in fact it impacts the elderly and people that already have a lot of health problems more than anyone else. We have leaders and a country that is the best equipped. We have been ahead of this overall and folks should quit trying to play politics with this. Folks should use common sense, wash your hands maybe put off the over seas trip or cruise for now. But there is no reason to go all crazy thinking and assuming the worst when all the people at the top are saying be careful but carry on. And as far as the market, please like the post in front mine the stock market has survived a hell of a lot worse than this. GBO!

So far, the Athletic Department has survived 2 World Wars, the Great Depression and the banking crisis of 2008. I'm thinking the sun will come up tomorrow.

One could argue we havent fully recovered from the 2 football hires made after the 2008 crisis. In order to keep the Kiffin hire within budget, we didnt have any reciprocal buyout provisions in his contract and the Dooley hire was bargain bin.

What pray tell would happen to the athletics programs if the market continues its corona crash? Personally I feel bad for people, hard working people, that get caught up and this is unprecedented territory., no history defines what is going on with the market, none.
stop the sky is falling crap, this virus isnt a big deal

Frankly, the impact to the stock market has two components. One is supply chain disruption. Temporary. Predictable. REAL. The other is the media narrative being pushed by those with a certain political agenda that depends on the economy not being good by November. Though not "real"... it can convince investors to stay on the sidelines.

The stock market impact will have a small, immaterial impact on the UTAD in the short term. If we have a significant crash followed by needing to make a major hire, then it could have some impact if we went cheap. However, @GAVol was spot on with his analysis...

I guess the insanely overpaid coaches would have to go out and get a real job, other than that not much else would be affected.

Nothing, folks who are buying season tickets fall in 2 classes. 1 financially well off top 10% or 2 working middle class who’s only interaction with the stock market is via their 401k.

The option 1 folks who invest are probably either day traders who will make their money back on shorts or wealth builders who are long anyway and aren’t concerned about this blip.

The option 2 folks aren’t impacted unless this issue proves to effect bottom lines on businesses and they do layoffs, which is unlikely given the typically short hysteria period of these types of things.

Most investors in the Market realize you have to know when to buy and when to sell. You take the chance to make a lot of money or lose a lot on money. I choose to not put a lot of my assets in the market and rely on property, bonds, and a few stocks that pay good dividens. Therefore, I don't sweat it when the market adjusts up or down.

What does Derek Jeter and his family, aka "the Jeeters," have to do with the stock market? Big investors? Options traders? What is it - I give up? Do they perhaps have jitters about the market's daily volatility? Sorry - couldn't resist.

An article from NY Times (which I do NOT subscribe to):

“Which virus makes you sicker?

As of Feb. 22, in the current season there were at least 32 million cases of flu in the United States, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 flu deaths, according to the C.D.C. Hospitalization rates among children and young adults this year have been unusually high.

There would be even more illnesses and deaths if there were no flu vaccine. Most people recover in less than two weeks, and sometimes in just days.

By contrast, about 200 people in the United States have been infected with the new coronavirus, and there have been at least 12 deaths. There are no treatments or vaccines for the coronavirus, only supportive care for infected people.

Most cases of coronavirus infection are not severe, but some people do become quite sick. Data from the largest study of patients to date, conducted in China, suggests that of coronavirus patients receiving medical attention, 80 percent had mild infections, about 15 percent had severe illnesses, and 5 percent were critical.”

So, we have 18,000 flu deaths, and 12 coronavirus deaths (mostly in people over age 80), and the stock market is tanking, hm, wonder why.

Last edited:
OMk4vg.gif

VN Store

Back