Status of Defensive Line

If our secondary is going to be a strength of this years team, perhaps it will offset some of the delinquencies of the d line. Just something to keep in mind and pray comes to fruition.

Nope. Didn’t say that.

Interesting that was the first thing you assumed tho. 🙃
My assumption wasn't about our athletes, only the post. I think you need to look at how your post is worded. Some are more than capable of doing both. Some, including several on this site are capable of doing neither.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fayettvol
We dont be wantin no learnin just run d football goooo vawls...... God about 80% of our fan base is "special"

Getting someone eligible to play football.... thats what college should be all about..... Jesus most of you treat these kids like commodities.
99.43% of these guys dont go to D1 college to get a degree...because if they did they wouldnt be getting the degrees that they get...

Reactions: lifeisdeep
You obviously don’t spend a lot of time here. When a player is injured or transfers, the majority of this board wishes them nothing but a speedy and full recovery, the best of luck when they transfer, and nothing but attaboys when a player gets their degree or does something positive for the community. Go somewhere else and get your professor hugs.
True. But after we call them a no good, disloyal SOB!!!!! 🤣

No offense to Solomon, but at Michigan he was listed as "Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts". That's doesn't exactly scream "I'm looking to get my degree as well as play football".

There's also nothing wrong with that either. Some guys are trying to get to the NFL, and college football is just a step they have to take to get to where they want to go in life.

Unfortunately for Solomon, he has not lived up to his 5 star abilities.

Getting someone eligible to play football.... thats what college should be all about..... Jesus most of you treat these kids like commodities.

More like property to use and discarded at will. You should have said SOME rather than MOST of you. Don't be surprised if you get flack because of your mis-word choice.

Reactions: Fayettvol
Do what? Dude, this is FOOTBALL forum for Tennessee FOOTBALL and we’re fans of the FOOTBALL program. So yeah, we want the FOOTBALL player to get eligible so he can play FOOTBALL and help out FOOTBALL team win.
Succinct explanation of what should've been incredibly obvious.

If our secondary is going to be a strength of this years team, perhaps it will offset some of the delinquencies of the d line. Just something to keep in mind and pray comes to fruition.

What could REALLY help our DL out is limited 3 n outs on offense. If our offense can be effective, not world beaters, but just effective, it will make a big difference for the youngsters on our DL.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
We should get it out of the way now....WE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS UPFRONT. Emmit is a major loss. The JUCO guys already have too much hype especially savion so lets just pray we can get some decent production from that group and hold our breaths. GO VOLS
I disagree. My hunch says Savion is a killer whale

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
Remember y'all, we have 3 games to work it out before FL. We will play everyone on the D line and get them game reps.

My assumption wasn't about our athletes, only the post. I think you need to look at how your post is worded. Some are more than capable of doing both. Some, including several on this site are capable of doing neither.

I think my post was worded correctly. You just had made your mind up on what I meant before you finished reading it. Thats all.

Maybe you should have concentrated more in school yourself instead of minding everyone else's cognitive abilities or educational preferences.

You dont seem to want to discuss football much. But I'm sure there are plenty of places to discuss the merits of a communications or journalism degree (like what most athletes major in). You should use that big ole brain of yours and look one of those places up 👍

Remember y'all, we have 3 games to work it out before FL. We will play everyone on the D line and get them game reps.

I'm afraid all it will do is prove how deficient we are at DL. Its bubble gum (Junior college transfers) and kite string (Freshmen) other than Solomon who’s likely not going to be eligible and Gooden who went down. In a LOS league like the SEC we will have our worst position unit in the most critical part of the game. Prediction: We will think our LB corps is a disappointment because the DL will be knocked backwards to the point the LB’s won’t have good angles to the ball. I don’t want to be a negavol its just the cold hard facts.

Reactions: Titan05
Bizzare comment considering he's going to be attending college classes and pursuing his degree regardless of his eligibility. It's a completely irrelevant thing to say.
These guys are here for one reason and that is what goes on at Neyland on saturdays. Don’t be fooled. Most people are wasting their time in undergrad whether they are an athlete or not. If you aren’t majoring in accounting,finance, supply chain, or trying to do a pre law or pre med path than you are most likely not there for academics.

VN Store

Back