Status of Defensive Line

We should get it out of the way now....WE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS UPFRONT. Emmit is a major loss. The JUCO guys already have too much hype especially savion so lets just pray we can get some decent production from that group and hold our breaths. GO VOLS

What Emmit Gooden's injury means for Tennessee's defense

Good article on the DL situation, post Gooden injury. Provides great detail on what the options are, but really illustrates how important getting Solomon eligible is for this position group.

for those who choose not to subscribe, what is the short version? And what do they suggest if Solomon is not available, which seems to be the more likely scenario.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Getting someone eligible to play football.... thats what college should be all about..... Jesus most of you treat these kids like commodities.

Lol. Not everyone is out to be a doctor or lawyer.

Everyone has natural talents. Some people are naturally good at crunching numbers, some are good at crunching Quarterbacks.

Get real.

Everyone has natural talents. Some people are naturally good at crunching numbers, some are good at crunching Quarterbacks.

Get real.
Bizzare comment considering he's going to be attending college classes and pursuing his degree regardless of his eligibility. It's a completely irrelevant thing to say.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Getting someone eligible to play football.... thats what college should be all about..... Jesus most of you treat these kids like commodities.

No offense to Solomon, but at Michigan he was listed as "Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts". That's doesn't exactly scream "I'm looking to get my degree as well as play football".

There's also nothing wrong with that either. Some guys are trying to get to the NFL, and college football is just a step they have to take to get to where they want to go in life.

Get real.
Soooo, are you saying that the athletes on our team are incapable of getting a high level degree?

Reactions: Fayettvol
Do what? Dude, this is FOOTBALL forum for Tennessee FOOTBALL and we’re fans of the FOOTBALL program. So yeah, we want the FOOTBALL player to get eligible so he can play FOOTBALL and help out FOOTBALL team win.

Do what? Dude, this is FOOTBALL forum for Tennessee FOOTBALL and we’re fans of the FOOTBALL program. So yeah, we want the FOOTBALL player to get eligible so he can play FOOTBALL and help out FOOTBALL team win.
STUDENT
athletes

Can't read the article since I'm not a subscriber, but I am increasingly concerned that the D-line will be this year's Achilles' heel in the same way that the O-line was last year. We had depth issues on the DL last year and we've since lost our top 4 D-linemen to graduation. Our numbers there are very thin compared to other SEC programs.

Of course, OL could still be a problem, but I'm more optimistic on it now than I was a few months ago. We've added a lot of good players. Our returning players have bulked up. Not saying we'll be anywhere close to elite, but feel like the OL should take a big step forward this season.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Tell that to the guys in Nashville that have kicked the **** out of us for 3 years

The NCAA's "student athlete" phrase is nothing but a thinly veiled attempt to maintain amateurism in college sports, in order to protect the $1.1 billion in profits that it now generates each year on the backs of "student athletes".

It did not upset me i just wish that some of you cared more about the guys that play for us past the T on the helmet.

You obviously don’t spend a lot of time here. When a player is injured or transfers, the majority of this board wishes them nothing but a speedy and full recovery, the best of luck when they transfer, and nothing but attaboys when a player gets their degree or does something positive for the community. Go somewhere else and get your professor hugs.

Why can't we let the situation play out before we make assumptions that the defense is gonna get ran all over on. From a depth standpoint yes this sucks but I would have to believe some of these redshirt freshman and sophmores have made some improvement over the last year and I wrong?

VN Store

Back