Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

Nice night for recruiting!
Yes, CTV even spoke of taking to David Pollack about his son who’s apparently a stud baseball player. :). I bet yesterday was full of recruits from football, basketball, and baseball. I’m sure CTV took full advantage of it! It was a glorious day! GBO!

Last edited:
A great interview with Christian Moore dropping tomorrow morning. Great to get to know these guys a lot more. He is one that I didn't know much about. Another parent interview happening tonight and will drop on Tuesday. Trying to work around these player's schedules is getting crazy. I can't believe they let stuff like school, practice, and girlfriends along with NIL stuff and appearances and fun get in the way of doing this podcast.:p

A great interview with Christian Moore dropping tomorrow morning. Great to get to know these guys a lot more. He is one that I didn't know much about. Another parent interview happening tonight and will drop on Tuesday. Trying to work around these player's schedules is getting crazy. I can't believe they let stuff like school, practice, and girlfriends along with NIL stuff and appearances and fun get in the way of doing this podcast.:p

Looking forward to it. I have to say that the podcast has gotten me out of listening to some awful music requests since my kids only want to listen to Stache Talk on the way to school now!

Was he a Vol fan before he came to UT? What’s his dream car?

Let's just say we are working our way through the SEC and added another non-UT school to the list. You would never guess his dream car. It is one of the funniest moments.
I would have to say that we have UGA, Vandy, Alabama, USC, and now another to the list of schools that guys grew up liking. But now they are UT to the core. I know we have a Missouri coming up and I'm pretty sure a Kentucky so we will have half the SEC covered for sure.
Apologize ahead of time for Kirby's level of sound and background noise but he was driving home from Johnson City for most of the trip. Tried my best to clean it all up.

Let's just say we are working our way through the SEC and added another non-UT school to the list. You would never guess his dream car. It is one of the funniest moments.
I would have to say that we have UGA, Vandy, Alabama, USC, and now another to the list of schools that guys grew up liking. But now they are UT to the core. I know we have a Missouri coming up and I'm pretty sure a Kentucky so we will have half the SEC covered for sure.
Apologize ahead of time for Kirby's level of sound and background noise but he was driving home from Johnson City for most of the trip. Tried my best to clean it all up.

CMo quickly became on of my favorites last year. Hope the pregame McD's was mentioned in the superstitions part of the podcast.

Reactions: taylorvol
You know many on this forum are cringing. I live Tony B, but haters abound.
Yeah…to each their own. I get it that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but Basilio has done a ton for the community, loves the Vols, and loves East TN. Anyone that’s opioniated (and has been in the market for almost 3 decades) is going to have their detractors. I think more enjoy him and the entertainment value that he provides. With that said, John Wilkerson might just be the nicest guy on the planet, has been the the market for decades, and likely has zero detractors. 😀👍👊🍊. How can you Not like Wilkerson??? 🍊👍😀👊GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: vol66

Another great podcast. Really enjoyed getting to know Christian Moore.

I wonder if any of these players that were fans of baseball teams at other schools before coming to Tennessee continue to cheer for them? What’s it like facing a team you used to cheer for?

Reactions: greasemachine
Talking with them and getting to know them I don't think so. Kirby, for example, is all in on Tennessee. He still has buddies that play throughout the SEC but when he steps on the field, it is on. I think there is an appreciation for their friends but no loyalty on the field. I also think once they get there they develop friends on the other sports teams on campus and that makes it more of a pull for them. Kirby got up at 3 am last week to be there for GameDay. But I get amazed at his girlfriend whose entire family is UGA fans but pull for us in baseball now and she actually wore a UT football jersey to GameDay last week.
This song says it best

This is our new theme song.

Talking with them and getting to know them I don't think so. Kirby, for example, is all in on Tennessee. He still has buddies that play throughout the SEC but when he steps on the field, it is on. I think there is an appreciation for their friends but no loyalty on the field. I also think once they get there they develop friends on the other sports teams on campus and that makes it more of a pull for them. Kirby got up at 3 am last week to be there for GameDay. But I get amazed at his girlfriend whose entire family is UGA fans but pull for us in baseball now and she actually wore a UT football jersey to GameDay last week.
This song says it best

Sounds like a woman with reason and logic. She's a unicorn. Tell Kirby to hold on to that one.

This song says it best

Great song. sounds like it was written for Kirby and his girlfriend. She is probably the one. Good for them.

Reactions: greasemachine
It was a great interview. CMo is an outstanding young man. Loved his comments about adjusting to Qs training program. Plus, I finally found someone whose favorite car is the same as my son’s. The G Wagon is no joke! :).

Last edited:
It was a great interview. CMo is an outstanding young man. Loved his comments about adjusting to Qs training program. Plus, I finally found someone whose favorite car is the same as my son’s. The G Wagon is no joke! :).

Haha! CMo and I share some common ground seeing as I am from New York and my first car was a Buick Regal (handed down from my mom)

Lol. As I told my son, even if I won the lottery, I would never pay that much for a car! 👍🍊😀😀😀. He LOVES the G Wagon.
I agree – crazy prices. You should check out the old ones that were imported by individuals and small businesses to the US before MB did. Two doors, some convertibles. 1985 one below.

1664764778891.jpeg

Reactions: taylorvol and MAD

VN Store

Back