Spring game is no longer free and has premium seating

For most of us, $5 admission fee is no problem. But that's not the case for some Vol fans. At the last O&W game, there was a young family (3-4 kids I think) sitting in front of my wife and me . I can tell you from the look of them and their clothing that they did not have much money. We were chatting during the pregame, and the father said that he was so happy that he could bring his children to a Vols game. He had always wanted to come to a game. They couldn't even buy any concessions. We bought extra and shared ours with them. I can tell you for sure that father couldn't afford to bring his family to this year's O&W game. Such a shame.

I have a ton of respect for AD Danny White and support most, if not all, of his decisions. But in this case, he has made a bad mistake. Sometimes our leadership doesn't fully grasp the consequences of their actions.

$5 is fair and reasonable especially with positive trajectory of the football program. Also a program that actually scores points and has an exciting offense.

Verses it being free and going during Pruitt era and being bored. Or Butch's crazy scoring system.

Mmm I do get a chuckle out of seeing college sports happily sell off its traditions, rivalries, and history in exchange for ever-growing piles of TV money, only to then nickel and dime fans at every opportunity along the way. This isn't just Tennessee, I mean, lots of schools charge for these scrimmages nowadays. I recall reading, some years back, that Nebraska's was 15 or 20 bucks - can you imagine? I sure can't.

SIGH!!!! Pretty soon, someone will start charging you for breathing, or mowing your own lawn. Don't laugh, there are some places right now that charge you for using a public restroom. Not sure if the guys who sit on a stool in a corner and insist you pay to not only use the restroom, but also to wash your hands.
It's likely. You're going to see a tax on driving as a per mile charge on top of your soaring fuel taxes/gas prices...while you're able to have a vehicle with an internal combustion engine. You'll also face a carbon tax to help "clean the air you breathe". There will be no end of "fees" and "taxes" coming. Death by a thousand cuts kinda deal.

Reactions: tbwhhs
For most of us, $5 admission fee is no problem. But that's not the case for some Vol fans. At the last O&W game, there was a young family (3-4 kids I think) sitting in front of my wife and me . I can tell you from the look of them and their clothing that they did not have much money. We were chatting during the pregame, and the father said that he was so happy that he could bring his children to a Vols game. He had always wanted to come to a game. They couldn't even buy any concessions. We bought extra and shared ours with them. I can tell you for sure that father couldn't afford to bring his family to this year's O&W game. Such a shame.

I have a ton of respect for AD Danny White and support most, if not all, of his decisions. But in this case, he has made a bad mistake. Sometimes our leadership doesn't fully grasp the consequences of their actions.

I think $5 is fair but I understand your concern. The state of Tennessee is in the bottom half as it pertains poverty and experiences like spring games can make kids life-long Vol fans (and future recruits)! I would definitely donate specifically for this cause so that families with kids could attend the spring game if it were managed by a trustworthy/reputable org. Maybe this is something The Volunteer Club could look into as they have the collection, communication, coordination, and connection capabilities. Plus it puts them front-and-center for more people to donate to the general collective. Just a thought.

For sale now. 5$ general admission and unsure and can't find any info on what they are or how to get them. Anyone know? Game is April 15 at 2:30.

Not sure if the report is accurate. But premium seating looks like it will be $52.49 and comes with a coupon for one free drink at the concession stand. The new drink is a mix of vodka and cranberries called Alabama Tears.

Reactions: kratos
It's likely. You're going to see a tax on driving as a per mile charge on top of your soaring fuel taxes/gas prices...while you're able to have a vehicle with an internal combustion engine. You'll also face a carbon tax to help "clean the air you breathe". There will be no end of "fees" and "taxes" coming. Death by a thousand cuts kinda deal.

I doubt you not. The blackness in people's hearts, manifested by increasingly abhorrent behavior, the accumulation of means to constantly suckle at the nipples of our wallets, and bank accounts, creating contamination of natural water sources, destruction of lands that once produced wild (and more healthful) edible plants, and other food sources and more. All designed to force us into dependency on man-made replacements, hence slaves via environmental destruction. Then they're free to dictate fees on everything, even claim it for population control. Quite Biblically prophesized, and we ain't seen nothing yet.

Reactions: CAVPUT
I'm hoping someone knows about the premium seating
The Vols announced the information on Tuesday: “Premium and non-premium seating will be available for the Orange & White Game. Admission to the game is $5 for non-premium seats, and all proceeds will count as a contribution to the My All Campaign. All seats can be secured now at AllVols.com or by calling the UT Athletic Ticket Office at (865) 656-1200. All open sections of the bowl of Neyland Stadium will be general admission seating. Details will be forthcoming from the Tennessee Fund regarding premium seating options, pricing and parking.”

If you can't afford $5 to attend a football game, attending said football game should be the least of your concerns. If you can't afford to cloth your family or buy concessions, attending a football game should not be in your priorities.

SIGH!!!! Pretty soon, someone will start charging you for breathing, or mowing your own lawn. Don't laugh, there are some places right now that charge you for using a public restroom. Not sure if the guys who sit on a stool in a corner and insist you pay to not only use the restroom, but also to wash your hands.
Me and some buddies took a Greyhound from KY to Florida in '92 or '93 for Spring Break. Bus stopped in Atlanta and you had to have a dime to unlock the stall door in the Men's Room - and yes even the urinals were in stalls.

BTW - one of the cleanest public restrooms I've ever graced and that includes some high end restaurants.

The o&w used to have a cover charge in the 90s. That was changed in the early 200s.
Sign of success. Demand related.
EXACTLY THIS - we were good in the 90s...less than good in the 00s...less than that in the 10s.

Now I don't believe we're "back" to the 90s yet, but headed in the right direction and if charging me $5 for a great day in the spring to keep my attention on the program and engaged, I'm happy to pay that !!!

For comparison, soon to be conference foe Oklahoma spring game tickets are all reserved. Season ticket holders and donors get $10 seats. General public is $15. I think prices were similar last year and crowd was 75k+.

OU Football Spring Game Set for April 22 - University of Oklahoma

Nebraska is $10 in advance, $20 at the gate if any are available. Kids high school and below are $1. Nebraska students are free and they are giving away 3000 tickets to vets and active military.

Reactions: VolPack22

That's kind of you to do that. Growing up, that would have been my family who could barely afford to get in the gate -even with discount tickets from the local grocery store. No concessions at all, just glad to get to go see something.

I may have missed it somewhere, but I'm going to assume that I'll need to buy a ticket for my 3-year old as well.

VN Store

Back