Spring game is no longer free and has premium seating

$5 is a lot to some fans. 58% of America lives paycheck to paycheck and $5 is half a shift at a min wage job. Not everyone is blessed financially and some folks can only attend the spring game. Danny can line up sponsors to cover the cost. Calling another fan a cheap skate when the program brings in $125M plus annually is pretty funny. Danny White could forego one paycheck and cover the cost of the game.
$5 gives families a chance to watch Tennessee football players inside Neyland Stadium, see the fireworks, hear the band. It is not unreasonable to collect money for the athletic department when you are providing all of the things you do on a regular game day.

$5 is a lot to some fans. 58% of America lives paycheck to paycheck and $5 is half a shift at a min wage job. Not everyone is blessed financially and some folks can only attend the spring game. Danny can line up sponsors to cover the cost. Calling another fan a cheap skate when the program brings in $125M plus annually is pretty funny. Danny White could forego one paycheck and cover the cost of the game.
No one is paying minimum wage. It's pretty easy to find a job paying $12 an hour. If you can't spare $5 football should be the absolute least of your concern.

I paid an extra $15 for premium seating in the lower west club. Got to skip the entry line and had an entire row to ourselves.

Fun to experience a $4600 seat for $20.
monopoly-rich-uncle-pennybags-cartoon-drawing-street-art-watercolor-paint-wet-ink-graffiti-cha...jpg

Obviously you've made a killing on the backs of downtrodden and poor to afford that sort of extravagant spending.

When the proletariat rises up you will be among the first to face its justified wrath.

The $5 was a donation, you can write it off. Lighten up a little.

Reactions: WillisWG
$5 gives families a chance to watch Tennessee football players inside Neyland Stadium, see the fireworks, hear the band. It is not unreasonable to collect money for the athletic department when you are providing all of the things you do on a regular game day.

5 bucks each for a couple of hours of good entertainment, that's a bargain! Been to the movies lately. Last time I went it was 35 bucks for 2 popcorns and two Ice's, not to mention 30 bucks for admission for 3 people!;)

Reactions: vollygirl
If someone can’t afford the $5 they shouldn’t be going if it was free. Shouldn’t spend the money it would take to get there and back home.

i agree-the impoverished should derive no pleasure in life. Back to the salt mine serfs!

what if it’s a kid like how ZZ had to hop turnstiles just to get to the exterior of Madison Square Garden and dream about how playing? Again-there’s not an all or nothing mandate here.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
For most people it’s not a big price. The argument could also be made as to whether how necessary such a nominal fee is. Additionally, if we have 20k plus seats available, why not allocate some to charities or let low income families and kids have some seats for free?

No one is paying minimum wage. It's pretty easy to find a job paying $12 an hour. If you can't spare $5 football should be the absolute least of your concern.
And if it’s a teen on min wage? I’m just saying we had empty seats and can think about ways to be more charitable while meeting financial goals. Also, if it’s such a small amount to the fans, isn’t it a smaller sum to a program like UT? What’s driving the need for revenue that we didn’t require the last several decades? I’ve offered several examples and solutions and the only replies I’ve seen are relegated to “you’re impoverished and irresponsible so just enjoy your misery”.

For most people it’s not a big price. The argument could also be made as to whether how necessary such a nominal fee is. Additionally, if we have 20k plus seats available, why not allocate some to charities or let low income families and kids have some seats for free?
How do you know that wasn't done?

We didn't "sell out" a spring game when the tickets were free. What we had today is normal, free or not

And if it’s a teen on min wage? I’m just saying we had empty seats and can think about ways to be more charitable while meeting financial goals. Also, if it’s such a small amount to the fans, isn’t it a smaller sum to a program like UT? What’s driving the need for revenue that we didn’t require the last several decades? I’ve offered several examples and solutions and the only replies I’ve seen are relegated to “you’re impoverished and irresponsible so just enjoy your misery”.
How about bc it's something they can make money on? There is no obligation to provide charity.

You asking our AD to forgo his pay is you being a selfish prick. This is exactly as I figured.
I use it as an example (of many provided) as to how the revenue difference (if one indeed exists) could be bridged rather than placing the burden on the fans who’ve already paid in yearly ticket and contribution increases and have shown incredible support over 15 years of terrible football. I think the more interesting question is how this suggestion so personally offended you such that you need to engage in insults. Unless you’re Dr Danny, then I might get the anger. I’m genuinely interested in the rationalization of that.

Happy to discuss further if you’ve got comments on my other suggestions. I promise I won’t personally insult you.

How about bc it's something they can make money on? There is no obligation to provide charity.
Not stating there is an obligation. That’s why charity is “charity” and not “taxation”. Sometimes it’s nice to do something for those less fortunate that you and to recognize all the fans have done and paid over the last 15 years of disastrous football.

Not stating there is an obligation. That’s why charity is “charity” and not “taxation”. Sometimes it’s nice to do something for those less fortunate that you and to recognize all the fans have done and paid over the last 15 years of disastrous football.
I don't want to hurt feelings. If you can't afford to go to this then you couldn't afford to go when it was free. This isn't hard.

Last edited:
What empty seats are you talking about? How many more people did you want to cram in there?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Surely you did not pass on the opportunity to drop a a couple of hundred and provide 40 folks with the opportunity to attend. If charity is important enough for you to feature it in a series of posts that should be a no-brainer. There is more than corporate charity out there you know. Plenty of youth organizations that would love to hear from you. Might help you with the awful burden you must feel if you did not. Share your experience and you might motivate others to join you. Only preaching about the shortcomings of others not so much.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back