Spring game is no longer free and has premium seating

Anyone know if you will be able to pay at the gate for spring game?
Straight from Tennessee

Walk-up admission will be available on gameday, but fans are strongly encouraged to obtain their seats in advance. All tickets will be digital and can be accessed via a mobile device—identical to the regular season.

3. It's 5 bucks. I'll venmo you 5 bucks cheap skate.
$5 is a lot to some fans. 58% of America lives paycheck to paycheck and $5 is half a shift at a min wage job. Not everyone is blessed financially and some folks can only attend the spring game. Danny can line up sponsors to cover the cost. Calling another fan a cheap skate when the program brings in $125M plus annually is pretty funny. Danny White could forego one paycheck and cover the cost of the game.

$5 is a lot to some fans. 58% of America lives paycheck to paycheck and $5 is half a shift at a min wage job. Not everyone is blessed financially and some folks can only attend the spring game. Danny can line up sponsors to cover the cost. Calling another fan a cheap skate when the program brings in $125M plus annually is pretty funny. Danny White could forego one paycheck and cover the cost of the game.
If you think $5 is half a shift at minimum wage, you should go kick the butts of every math teacher you ever had in school.

My only suggestion is to just never go to spring games. Sounds like you have an unrealistic expectation for the value of your $5. Maybe next time just go to McDonalds.
My only suggestion would be to seek sponsorship or beer sales to cover the game so people below the poverty line can attend one event at Neyland.

If you think $5 is half a shift at minimum wage, you should go kick the butts of every math teacher you ever had in school.
I’m sorry-it’s $7.25 federal hourly. I meant to say one hour and not one shift. But let’s keep the poor out of Neyland!

My only suggestion is to just never go to spring games. Sounds like you have an unrealistic expectation for the value of your $5. Maybe next time just go to McDonalds.
…but don’t get your hopes up there either. You likely can’t afford a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

Again-I’m not complaining for me, I’m complaining for people who aren’t financially blessed. Sponsorship and beer sales could easily cover the cost of the game.
Entertainment unfortunately costs money. It’s a privilege and not a right. People can watch at home if the can’t swing $5. I can’t even fathom someone complaining about $5 for admission.

Entertainment unfortunately costs money. It’s a privilege and not a right. People can watch at home if the can’t swing $5. I can’t even fathom someone complaining about $5 for admission.
I recognize there’s a cost, but what has changed in the AD to necessitate the revenue that wasn’t previously required? Can we get some transparency around that?

Additionally, it’s not an all or nothing approach. For example, kids could get in free or charitable orgs can be allotted tickets that went unsold. We have athletes at our university currently (ZZ) who hopped subway turnstiles just to stand outside Madison Square Garden and dream of playing there. So yes-trivial dollar amounts to some of us aren’t that disposable to others. I think solutions exist to accommodate. From the stmts of people on this thread, about 20k tickets went unused. I very much doubt the spring game ticket revenue was a make or break financial event for the athletic revenues this year.

IIRC, the 1999 O&W game was $10.

If someone can’t afford the $5 they shouldn’t be going if it was free. Shouldn’t spend the money it would take to get there and back home.

VN Store

Back