South Pittsburg hires new Head Football Coach

JohnWardForever

State champs year before last again...............runner up last year. (I think) may be3rd or 4th...do not keep up with high school football anymore.
Yep, I know. Sadly, moved away and lost the fire; I guess. Still try to keep tabs ---somewhat. WE had great places to grow up; didn't we? Little Bitty Towns with Winning Football Teams. Don't get no better.

CagleMtnVol

Coach Jones must believe the Pirates are loaded this year. Since becoming HC he's canceled the Marion Co. game and has now added games against North Jackson (AL), Murphy (NC) and today they announced the addition of 6A Oakland HS out of Murfreesboro.

TNHopeful505

I know Chris personally. Great man with a great family. He is glad to be home, I am sure. As far as the Marion County game goes, I hate that. But, at the same time, if you're trying to improve your national profile, you need to play games like what he has added. That game against Oakland should be freaking awesome. And I know that everyone in South Pittsburg is going to be thrilled to be playing North Jackson again, as they are basically next door neighbors. And unfortunately, to play those games, you have to let others go. Definitely some big moves. I really hope he does well, but am really just happy for him to be back in the area.

VN Store

Sponsors