Some of our stud players are delusional..

This thread is pretty offensive. I don't know if they made the right decision from an objective viewpoint, but they are nowhere near delusional.

Agreed. And it's really impossible to know if they made the right decision. Yet, you'll see numerous idiots in here claiming they did not make the right decision as if it's an objective fact

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. And it's really impossible to know if they made the right decision. Yet, you'll see numerous idiots in here claiming they did not make the right decision as if it's an objective fact
Welcome to Volnation :crazy:

After the beating John Kelly took, I wouldn't have blamed him if he declared in October.

Look at it this way.... Worst case, JK ends up in the CFL which is no big deal since he's from the Canadien border anyway. :)

Not everyone who leaves early has the talent: Marquez North (undrafted in 2016, cut), Antonio Richardson (undrafted in 2014, cut), Tyler Bray (undrafted in 2013, injured reserve), Dennis Rogan (undrafted in 2010, arena league), and Justin Harrell (1st round draftpick but only played in 14 games in his career). Then there are a group of players who left early and have had less than stellar careers or early careers: Kelley Washington (don't blame him he was old), Justin Hunter, Robert Meachem, Heath Shuler, and Josh Malone. A very small group of juniors have left and have had good/great early careers/careers: Eric Berry, Jerod Mayo, Cordarelle Patterson, Derek Barnett, and Alvin Kamara.
Meachum had a decent career and Malones story is going OK so far.

NFL bench warmers get paid better than college football players (excluding Alabama) so I don't see a down side to going pro.

Even if they don't get drafted, tell me another job where they could make 7600$ a week if they land on a practice squad next season?

Next year will be a struggle for this team adjusting to the new staff and the NFL has enough tape on them to scout. Unless they are close to a degree and that actually matters to them, no reason to risk the injuries.

......Same exact thing went for Josh Malone.

Your thoughts? Am I way off here? Agree?

Malone got picked in the 4th round rather than coming back to what proved to be a garbage offense that wouldn't have helped him one bit.

How on earth did he make a bad decision??

Amazing how cavalier people get with other people's life decisions.

Reactions: 2 people
Meachum had a decent career and Malones story is going OK so far.

No to mention most of the Juniors that left left during Butch's nightmare reign. They wanted out. I know for sure that's what happened with Malone.

Both are elite SEC players who just so happened to play on the worst team in the SEC. IMO, they were the best 2 on our team. Their overall team quality has almost nothing to do with their particular value to an NFL team. I believe many disgusted fans lump every individual into a bad category b/c of the teams failure.

Here's one example ... Jerry Rice played at MS Valley St, a team certainly worse than UT. While Marcus Nash put up big #s on our elite level team. One was HoFer and the other a 1st and bust. Smart scouts look through things outside player control.

Anyone who watches JK run, or RG play defense will see something special.

USA TODAY just put out their 1st 4 round mock draft.

I did NOT see 1 Tennessee player in the first 4 rounds unfortunately.

It's still very early and all mocks are just a guess by a talking head so we'll see what happens on draft day.

FYI...Chubb wasn't taken until late 4th round so that doesn't look too good for Kelly, Sony was late 3rd or early 4th round, sorry I forget which.

I wish our UT guys all the very best and I hope they can carve out great careers and will rep Tennessee very well.

VFL...GBO!!!

USA TODAY just put out their 1st 4 round mock draft.

I did NOT see 1 Tennessee player in the first 4 rounds unfortunately.

It's still very early and all mocks are just a guess by a talking head so we'll see what happens on draft day.

FYI...Chubb wasn't taken until late 4th round so that doesn't look too good for Kelly, Sony was late 3rd or early 4th round, sorry I forget which.

I wish our UT guys all the very best and I hope they can carve out great careers and will rep Tennessee very well.

VFL...GBO!!!

Mock drafts are just like A holes.. everyone has one

He got paid a little bit but I wouldn't call 6 receptions for the year Earth Shattering by any stretch. He is the 144th ranked wr in the NFL.

position coaches and GM's in Dobb's and Malone case knew when they took both players neither was ready to start in the NFL. Both were drafted on potential. Malone blistered the 40 and had an excellent combine behind teamate John Ross who ran a record 4.22 40.

UT's 2 juniors leaving early this draft have a good upside. No one expected AK to have the type of year he is currently having in N.Orleans so potential plays into the equation.

Among rookie WR's he's 19th statistically...I get your over all point, but Cincy is kind of loaded with AJ Green, Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd...Hopefully, he'll come along.

Besides, he probably already knew what we had to find out the hard way...we didn't have anyone who would have gotten him the ball consistently...he might have had, most likely would have had, a worse season.

Like X 10,000. Malone made a good decision. Had he stayed he'd have lost major bucks,IMHO.

Yeah. I might be selfish, but wish they would of stayed, and think it could of benefited both tremendously if they did. We got better coaches and developers of talent coming in, it only woyld of made them that much better... hope the best for them..

Come to Tennessee where if players don't do exactly what we want them to, we call them names and insult their intelligence. Some of our fans are delusional

Reactions: 2 people
Gaulden is a top 5 DB in the nation. JK is plenty good enough. Just so happens they are playing behind and O line that cant block and a offensive scheme that is trash. Those guys will go get paid some money for sure and when the following year rolls around they will already be a quarter to half million ahead of the curb as long as they stay healthy.

Guys,

First, it was John Kelly to declare. Now, Gaulden has decided to forgo his Senior season and enter the NFL draft. Of course, they were really good players, but what makes them think they are NFL material this early? I mean come on, Kelly isn't Sony Michel and Nick Chubb and Gaulden isn't some Micah Fitzpatrick. They both would have benefited greatly by staying and developing another year. I know its a new staff, bad season, not much hope this year, and families involved, but Im sorry they are sadly mistaken if they think they are good enough to come out their Junior years.

Same exact thing went for Josh Malone.

Your thoughts? Am I way off here? Agree?

May feel some won't fit scheme or afraid they will lose stock if team struggles during scheme changes

I love Kelly, but I will absolutely amazed if he gets drafted at all.

Why exactly??

Do you know how many people last year was saying Kamara is 5th round talent?

Kelly was just as productive as Kamara running the ball.

Kelly will run a 4.51 and bench 20 reps and be drafted. Probably 5th round but will play as a rookie. New England would be the perfect team for him.

VN Store

Back