Some of our stud players are delusional..

Both players are among my favorite Vols, however, they are both rather impulsive guys. They have both also displayed behavior which could eventually cause them to be removed from the lineup. :the_finger: Don't need the trouble next year. Good Luck to both lads and let's go Vols!

The delusions continue as the mighty Khalil McKenzie decides he's ready forgo his Senior season and is ready for the NFL. What a freaking joke. YOU DID NOTHING....NADA....ZILCH while you were at UT. You are probably the biggest bust and disappointing DL we've had at UT in a long, long time. One of the biggest underachievers of all time.

Who does this kid think he is...Derek Barnett?? lol

Another mediocre player that knows Pruitt wont tolerate his crappy play like Jones and wants the easy way out. Joke.

Those two and Kahlil will get drafted, not super high but 4-6th round. Why stay and play for a potentially bad team and get hurt. Can't see how that would improve their draft stock. Gaulden I think will go the highest.

The delusions continue as the mighty Khalil McKenzie decides he's ready forgo his Senior season and is ready for the NFL. What a freaking joke. YOU DID NOTHING....NADA....ZILCH while you were at UT. You are probably the biggest bust and disappointing DL we've had at UT in a long, long time. One of the biggest underachievers of all time.

Who does this kid think he is...Derek Barnett?? lol

Another mediocre player that knows Pruitt wont tolerate his crappy play like Jones and wants the easy way out. Joke.

Has it occurred to you that there may be other motivations for declaring? We have no sense of the conversations that he or any of the other guys who have declared have had with the new staff.

Maybe the idea of having to essentially start over in new scheme and compete against a bunch of guys coming in who were recruited by the new staff doesn't sound that appealing. I can understand why some guys might just decide to take their chances in the draft. I don't agree with the decision of some. But, I do understand and respect it, and I also realize there may be more to it than what's on the surface for some.

Guys,

First, it was John Kelly to declare. Now, Gaulden has decided to forgo his Senior season and enter the NFL draft. Of course, they were really good players, but what makes them think they are NFL material this early? I mean come on, Kelly isn't Sony Michel and Nick Chubb and Gaulden isn't some Micah Fitzpatrick. They both would have benefited greatly by staying and developing another year. I know its a new staff, bad season, not much hope this year, and families involved, but Im sorry they are sadly mistaken if they think they are good enough to come out their Junior years.

Same exact thing went for Josh Malone.

Your thoughts? Am I way off here? Agree?

What do they have to prove? Why should they have to spend a extra year here and deal with a rookie first year head coach. Why not start fresh go with younger players. Everybody wants Jennings back, but is it really worth it. If I'm Pruitt I will go young. I'm starting all Freshman and sophmores on the defensive side of the ball. A lot of these Jr and Seniors on the team last year wasn't good anyway. Maybe a select few stood out, but the rest was average.

Your strawman of failure is an epic failure. No one using my name has indicated Malone is a failure. What my attempt was to assist posters here, that $1.6 million over 40 years is not all that much money for an NFL player who may be retired from the league at the age of 25. There's nothing to be said about how a player would invest their money, some kids buy cars and thots, others invest it for the long term. YOU are the one proposing how that money is laid out I'm just bringing you the fact $1.6 million over forty years is about what a night manager at DQ can pull down, $40K per year. It's why you can find former NFL players all across the US selling used cars to roofing houses on their way to their golden retirement years. Just stop the provincial nonsense and thinking of a million dollars is a gold mine, lots of people probably most people make over a million dollars during their entire work life.
Provincial nonsense???

You're the one whose financial plan is to stick everything in the bank and withdraw it $40k at a time. I'm so provincial that I'll have $80k a year without touching the principal.

A 27 year old that manages to have $1.6 million at his disposal is off to a great start and has plenty of options.

VN Store

Back