Softball looking forward

RogerThat

Any idea about the talent coming in next year and where they will fit into the lineup? If 2020 seniors get an extra year, how will this improve/hurt the team?

Will give Rogers the chance to fully recover. I was not sure she could have been effective or played much the rest of the season. Stress fracture in pitching arm does not sound like something that can be rushed with out re injuring it. And maybe the Weekly's can figure out a starting lineup by next season.

Will give Rogers the chance to fully recover. I was not sure she could have been effective or played much the rest of the season. Stress fracture in pitching arm does not sound like something that can be rushed with out re injuring it. And maybe the Weekly's can figure out a starting lineup by next season.
Hopefully Ashley can make a complete recovery...my understanding is that her stress fracture is in her back...

Reactions: ldyvolsoftballfan
Cant do nothing but help Ashley. Some of the seniors will move along as they should but a couple we probably could use next year. Since the best I remember the recruits for next year are limited in number we could use them . JMHO as always! SS

She did not have a stress fracture in her arm.

She was cleared to pitch for the Texas A&M series, but was on a pitch count. Likely would not have seen her until the Alabama series, however.

Reactions: ldyvolsoftballfan
We don't have but three players in the next class at this time. Seems like a pitcher that was coming here changed her mind. Hopefully Seggern comes back and also Hannon both could really help the team next season. We did get a pitcher but not the first one that had committed.

Tennessee Signs Three - University of Tennessee Athletics

thank you for the link. I was wondering about the new players coming in. Hopefully we keep Seggern Hannon and Holcomb, but Holcomb has to figure a way to stay in the box. She steps out every time. Maybe with this break she will buckle down and fix it.

Since no one really knows what is going to happen going forward, what type of recruits are coming next season? Any pitchers?

Hopefully Ashley can make a complete recovery...my understanding is that her stress fracture is in her back...
Was told that at the invitational did not want to put that online but now it doesn't matter. From someone who would know said Callie had more spin on the ball than anyone they had seen. Ashley was moving well and looked good warming up. It will be good to have her for a full year. Remember everyone can get an extra year so Ashley will still be a sophomore etc.. Would be working the transfer market for extra pitching, can never have enough.

Was told that at the invitational did not want to put that online but now it doesn't matter. From someone who would know said Callie had more spin on the ball than anyone they had seen. Ashley was moving well and looked good warming up. It will be good to have her for a full year. Remember everyone can get an extra year so Ashley will still be a sophomore etc.. Would be working the transfer market for extra pitching, can never have enough.
I had hoped that everyone would get the extra year and it appears so in all spring sports. KIKI as well as the others will benefit from their experience I truly believe. Be glad to get this virus behind us and move on.

Just asking. Does anyone think Holcomb will ever fix her slapping effort or will she ditch slapping altogether?

Just asking. Does anyone think Holcomb will ever fix her slapping effort or will she ditch slapping altogether?
Have no idea if she will even come back to play next season. If that is her plan then she should be taking all the time she has now to correct totally. Since she hasn't done it in any off season thus far doubt she is doing it now. So my answer would be more than likely she will never correct and will always continue to the same as now.

I would be surprised if she does not come back. She will be in left field and play a lot of games. For the life of me I cannot see why she has not corrected that mistake. I am wondering why the coaches has not demanded the proper correction . She is a decent hitter without the slap. If she does not come back, unless she is tied to a job already then I say slapping is her downfall.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Any predictions that anyone leaves the team in the off season?

No idea, but assuming seniors in the spring sports are graduating on-time, it gives them a prime opportunity to spend their last year at another school, essentially as a graduate transfer.

I noticed in her last at bats she was a times just hitting flat footed not moving but not taking a full swing, so she was trying something different. IMHO I love her D but if she cannot fix the stepping out she would be an auto out in SEC play. Would love to see Hannon and Seggern come back, and Holcomb with some work.

The year did not go as planned but long term it could be good. We were at best getting a home regional and that was a stretch. If Callie didn't crack apart with all the stress our D put on her and the over use I feel good about her going forward. Ashley back changes a lot, and Bender is solid for some innings. Milloy has some work to do on hitting and fielding (she needs to close her glove, trusts the glove too much to catch the ball) but has worlds of potential. McCrary and Webber will be good to great players. Josie looked good at times and I think Curran has potential. Why our D fell apart is the biggest mystery and has to be fixed because there is no real excuse for that and it was seniors to freshman doing it.

I think this coming team could be special with Rogers, Turner, Bender and the incoming pitcher from Georgia coming in. this is lots of talent in the circle and three of the four with actual experience. Here is how I see it.

Pitcher- Rogers, turner, Georgia fresh, bender
Catcher - shipman, (philips backup)
1b-Morgan
2b-Parsons
SS-incoming freshman from cali
3b-Seggern
LF-Holcomb/hannon (whoever hits better)
CF-Milloy
RF-Ayala
DH-Weber

Ms. West looks like a power hitter. We could use another one of those. I hope Callie works on control this summer. She was just a couple inches low on most of her pitches. In fairness, I didn't get to see her pitch in person so I admit I could be wrong.

I think this coming team could be special with Rogers, Turner, Bender and the incoming pitcher from Georgia coming in. this is lots of talent in the circle and three of the four with actual experience. Here is how I see it.

Pitcher- Rogers, turner, Georgia fresh, bender
Catcher - shipman, (philips backup)
1b-Morgan
2b-Parsons
SS-incoming freshman from cali
3b-Seggern
LF-Holcomb/hannon (whoever hits better)
CF-Milloy
RF-Ayala
DH-Weber
I forsee it this way but crystal ball is very cloudy!
1b morgan
2b Seggren
ss Willingham or freshman
3b phillips
lf Holcomb/hannon
cf milloy/hannon
rf ayala
dh weber/west/and a host of others
catcher shipman/phillips/willingham

Reactions: j&lvol

VN Store

Back