So why do you think Freeze wound up at Liberty?

Why did interest in Freeze drop so fast?

• Just too much baggage

• New transgressions came up

• Sankey just said "No!"

• Liberty was his true dream job all along

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ask the average college football fan if he even knows where Liberty is located then wait while he Googles it.
It ain't exactly a major blip on the radar screen.

And if I showed you a startup company with multiple millionaire investors, would you ignore it because no one has heard of it?

Your grand narrative doesn't exactly allow for change over time, much less the UCFs, Boise States, and TCUs of the world.

If Liberty spends money like a top 25 team, they will eventually become a top 25 team.

Especially with a scum bag like Freeze who knows how to "maximize" the potential of a donation.

And if I showed you a startup company with multiple millionaire investors, would you ignore it because no one has heard of it?

Your grand narrative doesn't exactly allow for change over time, much less the UCFs, Boise States, and TCUs of the world.

If Liberty spends money like a top 25 team, they will eventually become a top 25 team.

Especially with a scum bag like Freeze who knows how to "maximize" the potential of a donation.
So Tennessee is spending top ten money. What’s going wrong?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
all the hypocrisy and ganging up on Freeze is sickening and needs to stop.

how many people on this board would want their sins (and EVERYONE has them) broadcast
all over the country for people to see ? how about putting a thousand threads on the board
detailing OUR DIRTY LAUNDRY AND SINS ???

people are like a pack of wild dogs and sure love to gang up on some poor guy who is unfortunate
to have his personal moral sins come out in public aren't they ?

how about let's try praying for Freeze, his wife and family and shut up ?

I think people laugh because their founding father feels and acts sleazy while wearing the robe, that and their university have a 52% graduation rate. I'm surprised he went there, yes I think he'll win because he's a great coach, no I do not think Liberty is about to become an independent power as most of the money they have comes from Falwell's collection plate.
Off topic, but what's wrong with a low graduation rate?

Better than "high school 2.0" state schools that push all kids through just to maximize their tuition.

Not at all... the school I graduated from has a low grad rate because of transfers and for kids who can’t cut the strict religious rules. It too is a southern Baptist school with emphasis on religion but it also has one of the most high regarded business and law schools on the east coast among decision makers in those fields ;however, many people have never heard of it either. It is also has a very robust military program. Liberty has all the non Falwell money to do what they want need and to do in the same vein as duke university is not dependent on the dukes or wake forest on the Reynolds family. Getting started yes but continued expansion no. Lynchburg va is a bit of a culture shock too. I hated the school and rules but appreciate the degree and opportunities it opened.
I think that freeze is there to put his personal life back together as much or more so than his coaching life.
Probably so and I can certainly appreciate it being a quality school, it's gonna be tough to pull it off without any free conference TV money coming in. Neutered Dame has extremely deep pockets and an endless supply of resources readily supplied by the catholic church, other denominations just simply don't have the organization the Vatican has. It may happen and Freeze will be most likely to be the one to lead them there as long as God continues to handle his junk as he stated yesterday.

If he'd came here, Bama or FSU he would have been an assistant and had many eyes on him. He will be watched at Liberty, but probably not by as many. He'll get that craving again before long.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Off topic, but what's wrong with a low graduation rate?

Better than "high school 2.0" state schools that push all kids through just to maximize their tuition.
For one it can effect your teams apr and cost the school the number of football scholarships they are allowed.

So Tennessee is spending top ten money. What’s going wrong?
Incompetence.

Regardless, if the program continues making top 10 money, and spending top 10 money, it will eventually be a top 10 program. Money can bail you out of bad decisions. Just ask our president.

And many people to this day STILL consider Tennessee a top 10 program regardless of a terrible decade.

Reactions: zaqhhh
For one it can effect your teams apr and cost the school the number of football scholarships they are allowed.
That's just your players though. Is the 52% for players? Liberty can just put them in fake majors with pretend classes and handle it that way just like everyone else. If they are serious about winning, which they are, that will be no problem.

Probably so and I can certainly appreciate it being a quality school, it's gonna be tough to pull it off without any free conference TV money coming in. Neutered Dame has extremely deep pockets and an endless supply of resources readily supplied by the catholic church, other denominations just simply don't have the organization the Vatican has. It may happen and Freeze will be most likely to be the one to lead them there as long as God continues to handle his junk as he stated yesterday.
Hahaha well we can take this offline but Vatican resources have zilch to do with nd. This is probably the only time I can be one of those guys on volnation with sources and I have a bunch of them and fairly high up in Notre Dame both in admin and athletics (as players and previous coaching staff) and the Catholic Church. You realize Georgetown, Loyola, Villanova and Boston college are all catholic schools too right?

all the hypocrisy and ganging up on Freeze is sickening and needs to stop.

how many people on this board would want their sins (and EVERYONE has them) broadcast
all over the country for people to see ? how about putting a thousand threads on the board
detailing OUR DIRTY LAUNDRY AND SINS ???

people are like a pack of wild dogs and sure love to gang up on some poor guy who is unfortunate
to have his personal moral sins come out in public aren't they ?

how about let's try praying for Freeze, his wife and family and shut up ?

Some people see with spiritual eyes and some don't.

Hahaha well we can take this offline but Vatican resources have zilch to do with nd. This is probably the only time I can be one of those guys on volnation with sources and I have a bunch of them and fairly high up in Notre Dame both in admin and athletics (as players and previous coaching staff) and the Catholic Church. You realize Georgetown, Loyola, Villanova and Boston college are all catholic schools too right?
I do and also realize that the catholic church does indeed help those universities out. At Tn the football program funds many things outside of sports at the university, it is my understanding that those institutions you listed keep their athletic donations and "catholic" donations separately. You seem to have that knowledge but the Vatican has to be one of the wealthiest organizations in the world and their institutions you would think would benefit from those resources, do they not donate anything to their schools?

I lived in Lynchburg, VA for almost four years after graduating from UT. It was a wonderful town, and the scenery in that part of VA is hard to beat - that as a native Tennessean and military brat who traveled a bit. Your're not going to quite fit completely in if you don't pronounce house kinda like "hoose", but otherwise ... I can certainly see the attraction in living there; if not for family ties, state income tax, uncertainty about working for the company that built TMI after the accident, etc, I might very well still be there.

Why isn't Freeze in the SEC? My own thought is the SEC and NCAA knew he cheated (as just about everybody here was certain) when it came to recruiting. The other cheating just worked well enough to run him out of town - something like the income tax evasion or mail fraud or jury tampering convictions worked for mob bosses when the real sins couldn't be proven. I'd guess Liberty's much lower profile and religious connection made his move there somewhat palatable to the powers that be. Freeze gets to live in a nice place, be a HC rather than an underling, coach at a place that's eager to win, and perhaps redeem himself for bigger things in the future ... pretty much the definition of "win-win". Oh, and the Falwells do know how to attract money.

Incompetence.

Regardless, if the program continues making top 10 money, and spending top 10 money, it will eventually be a top 10 program. Money can bail you out of bad decisions. Just ask our president.

And many people to this day STILL consider Tennessee a top 10 program regardless of a terrible decade.
No they don’t.

Yeah, but you can forgive someone without being required to pay them $600,000 + annually and appointing them the leader of 100 or so impressionable young men. We aren't even 18 months away from the scandal, a total turnaround is highly unlikely. Jesus also said "be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves", i.e., being good does not require you to be stupid also.
I didn't say Liberty was obligated to hire him. I merely replied to the assertion that Liberty was being hypocritical by doing so, which simply does not line up with what the Bible says. If we're making up our own religion, we can throw around ultimatums and "wisdom" (our wisdom is not God's wisdom - 1 Corinthians 3:19) that has no correlation to the Word and we're on solid ground because the ground is fabricated and we can fashion it as we wish. Conversely, if we are talking about whether a person or an organization is adhering to the instructions of one specific document, in this case the Bible, the only gauge as to whether or not said adherence is happening is to be found in that document.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
I believe all the university presidents said no and both the SEC and ACC commissioners weren’t happy with him possibly being in their league.

Reactions: AM64
I didn't say Liberty was obligated to hire him. I merely replied to the assertion that Liberty was being hypocritical by doing so, which simply does not line up with what the Bible says. If we're making up our own religion, we can throw around ultimatums and "wisdom" (our wisdom is not God's wisdom - 1 Corinthians 3:19) that has no correlation to the Word and we're on solid ground because the ground is fabricated and we can fashion it as we wish. Conversely, if we are talking about whether a person or an organization is adhering to the instructions of one specific document, in this case the Bible, the only gauge as to whether or not said adherence is happening is to be found in that document.
I don't wish to get into a theological discussion because no good will come of it, however I would point out that I am giving Liberty the benefit of the doubt here by just assuming they are simply being foolish rather than being hypocrites.

I do and also realize that the catholic church does indeed help those universities out. At Tn the football program funds many things outside of sports at the university, it is my understanding that those institutions you listed keep their athletic donations and "catholic" donations separately. You seem to have that knowledge but the Vatican has to be one of the wealthiest organizations in the world and their institutions you would think would benefit from those resources, do they not donate anything to their schools?
I wouldn’t say anything but it is a pittance compared to their annual budget. I agree on the riches but The Vatican uses a lot of its resources in funding education,furthering the gospel and lawsuits...🤨
Notre Dame is in large part self funded as far as athletics are concerned. So as simply as I can put it they are sustained in part by funded endowments for the benefit of religious scholars ie priests and brothers (monks) and sisters (nuns) that happen to have phds in history mathematics biology etc and administration. In the same vein that the prespertyrian church funds some things at Duke. But the Vatican doesn’t have a bag of money and says go get bob davie to save us lol. Notre Dame has one of the richest and widespread alumni donor list in the world which is one reason they have that stupid money tv contract with nbc.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
If he hasn’t changed he won’t make seasons end at liberty.

Tough school with a lot of rules and regulations

I don't wish to get into a theological discussion because no good will come of it, however I would point out that I am giving Liberty the benefit of the doubt here by just assuming they are simply being foolish rather than being hypocrites.
Once again (from another post I made) google” Hugh and Jill freeze liberty univ convocation” and fast forward to 16 mins or so and u will understand why liberty welcomed him and why he wants to be there.

Reactions: T-TownVol
If TN already had interviewed Freeze, then he was already cleared to get the job. Knowing our past history, Phillip Fulmer, Pruitt, and AD already did their homework with SEC/NCAA about it.

Now, Freeze may have restrictions on things that might not be beneficial, but again... TN and Staff would had already known those situations moving forward.

When you are offered a bigger position, like the Head Coach, you have the power to bring in "your guys", "your system". My guess is that Liberty...knowing that he was obviously cleared by SEC/NCAA ... offered him at the right time.

Or...perhaps they sensed sincere repentance and extended grace without trying to be politically correct. If it is of God then He will be glorified. If not they will reap what they sow.

VN Store

Back