So why do you think Freeze wound up at Liberty?

Why did interest in Freeze drop so fast?

• Just too much baggage

• New transgressions came up

• Sankey just said "No!"

• Liberty was his true dream job all along

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he breaks Liberty's coc I assume he'll be fired. Evangelicals also believe in forgiveness so it is not really a hypocritical hire for them.

It is hypocritical for you to be against anyone hiring someone that you would have been okay with.

I don't think its as cut and dry as you do. I personally don't think he's being hypocritical under his understanding of that particular schools beliefs.

If he breaks Liberty's coc I assume he'll be fired. Evangelicals also believe in forgiveness so it is not really a hypocritical hire for them.

It is hypocritical for you to be against anyone hiring someone that you would have been okay with.

No it's not. If Hugh Freeze was gay, I'd be fine with hiring him. Liberty would be hypocritical still.

If Freeze was advocating loudly for pro choice positions, I'd be fine with him and it would be hypocritical for Liberty to.

Not everyone has the same morals. But if you preach them, you damn best live by them or you will be called out.

I think he simply wanted to be a head coach, he winds up at FSU as the HC after Taggert is fired imo

Liberty showed him grace and a Head Coach position. It's a safe place to rebuild his reputation.
I think it begins and ends right here. I realize there will be some here who cant understand this. But I definitely think Hugh made the right move to recover from all this. Redemption and grace are a free gift offered to all of us. Sadly many people choose not to accept it. I for one hope CHF can fine restoration and healing here.

It’s the perfect place for him. He’s spent time at Liberty since he was fired. He made mistakes for sure. He’s been the butt of jokes, but he’s serious about getting his life back in order. He may be at Liberty for longer than you think. And he will win! If you think Liberty doesn’t want to win you’d be wrong. If you think Liberty doesn’t have money you’d be wrong about that too. Just look it up. Look up the endowment for UT and the endowment for Liberty. Liberty thinks it can be the Notre Dame Of Baptist colleges. That’s their words not mine. Everyone else might be laughing but they aren’t.

No it's not. If Hugh Freeze was gay, I'd be fine with hiring him. Liberty would be hypocritical still.

If Freeze was advocating loudly for pro choice positions, I'd be fine with him and it would be hypocritical for Liberty to.

Not everyone has the same morals. But if you preach them, you damn best live by them or you will be called out.

My position is if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. We are the goose. If we're good with hiring Freeze, we shouldn't say anything about anyone else, beit a public school, Christian, Mormon, Islamic, or otherwise.

Look up their athletic facilities and tell me they are just "Lowly Liberty".

They make Mississippi St look like a middle school set up.

Ask the average college football fan if he even knows where Liberty is located then wait while he Googles it.
It ain't exactly a major blip on the radar screen.

It’s the perfect place for him. He’s spent time at Liberty since he was fired. He made mistakes for sure. He’s been the butt of jokes, but he’s serious about getting his life back in order. He may be at Liberty for longer than you think. And he will win! If you think Liberty doesn’t want to win you’d be wrong. If you think Liberty doesn’t have money you’d be wrong about that too. Just look it up. Look up the endowment for UT and the endowment for Liberty. Liberty thinks it can be the Notre Dame Of Baptist colleges. That’s their words not mine. Everyone else might be laughing but they aren’t.
I think people laugh because their founding father feels and acts sleazy while wearing the robe, that and their university have a 52% graduation rate. I'm surprised he went there, yes I think he'll win because he's a great coach, no I do not think Liberty is about to become an independent power as most of the money they have comes from Falwell's collection plate.

Reactions: zaqhhh
My position is if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. We are the goose. If we're good with hiring Freeze, we shouldn't say anything about anyone else, beit a public school, Christian, Mormon, Islamic, or otherwise.

In terms of sheer value, that's a fair assessment. But their needs to be accountability in that school if they are going to preach anything about morals.

You're missing a minor detail here, that being that Christians are commanded, not advised but commanded, to forgive others. Matthew 6:14-15: "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

If Freeze were still hiring prostitutes, Liberty would indeed be afoul of scripture in hiring him, per 1 Corinthians 5:11. But because he has repented - not just to God and his church, the only people God calls him to do so toward, but publicly - other Christians do not have the option, if they wish to remain in God's Word, to judge him for it (James 4:11).

Moral rehabilitation will eventually make him suitable to restore his marriage, personal and professional life and most of all, his personal relationship with the Lord.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Ask the average college football fan if he even knows where Liberty is located then wait while he Googles it.
It ain't exactly a major blip on the radar screen.
I do. But my family moved 45 minutes from it and I drive by campus almost monthly on my way to see them. He’s greatly exaggerating their facilities

Moral rehabilitation will eventually make him suitable to restore his marriage, personal and professional life, and most of all, his personal relationship with the Lord.

Reactions: bpalmer28
You're missing a minor detail here, that being that Christians are commanded, not advised but commanded, to forgive others. Matthew 6:14-15: "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

If Freeze were still hiring prostitutes, Liberty would indeed be afoul of scripture in hiring him, per 1 Corinthians 5:11. But because he has repented - not just to God and his church, the only people God calls him to do so toward, but publicly - other Christians do not have the option, if they wish to remain in God's Word, to judge him for it (James 4:11).

Funny because as I recall Falwell has made quite some foray into politics where he has been quite judgemental. And forgiveness does not necessarily equate with choice of hire. If I was hiring and someone who committed theft 10 years ago applies. I'd forgive them personally, likely wouldn't hire them especially if I have a code of conduct written in that says 0 tolerance for theft.

Well said my friend. There's not a one among us who hasn't needed forgiveness granted to us or we've needed to grant forgiveness to another. The Hugh Freeze story is not about football at all. Its about mercy and grace.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
It’s a dramatic irony that people judge Freeze or Liberty for their free choice...then allude to the fact that Christians are judgmental and are hypocrites if they step outside of this common, and false, stereotype. The road to redemption has to start somewhere...and is often found in unexpected places. My old preacher used to always say “that church isn’t a country club for the privileged, but a hospital for everyone...we all need help from time to time”...football coaches included. They gave him a graceful chance at being a head coach again. That is admirable. I guess Liberty like a lot of Christians remembers that he without sin should cast the first stone...so they didn’t, instead, they offered a helping hand...I’d humbly suggest we stop the rock throwing and look forward to whom Coach P and Coach F hire! GBO!

This was quite a saga, ending with a meteoric drop in interest by SEC schools.

First he was headed to UT. Then maybe Auburn. Finally Alabama. Throughout the myriad threads there are lot of opinions on what happened, so why not collect them in one place.

I figured since Saban wanted him last year, surely he would take him this year. Nope. So my poll pick is that something new surfaced, something that turned all the SEC schools off. Briarcrest? Sankey? Who knows.

What do you think?
I think Fulmer and the higher ups at UT said no. I seen on FB that they were talking to the OC from UCF. Kendal Briles brother-in-law

You're missing a minor detail here, that being that Christians are commanded, not advised but commanded, to forgive others.
Yeah, but you can forgive someone without being required to pay them $600,000 + annually and appointing them the leader of 100 or so impressionable young men. We aren't even 18 months away from the scandal, a total turnaround is highly unlikely. Jesus also said "be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves", i.e., being good does not require you to be stupid also.

Reactions: zaqhhh
I think people laugh because their founding father feels and acts sleazy while wearing the robe, that and their university have a 52% graduation rate. I'm surprised he went there, yes I think he'll win because he's a great coach, no I do not think Liberty is about to become an independent power as most of the money they have comes from Falwell's collection plate.
Not at all... the school I graduated from has a low grad rate because of transfers and for kids who can’t cut the strict religious rules. It too is a southern Baptist school with emphasis on religion but it also has one of the most high regarded business and law schools on the east coast among decision makers in those fields ;however, many people have never heard of it either. It is also has a very robust military program. Liberty has all the non Falwell money to do what they want need and to do in the same vein as duke university is not dependent on the dukes or wake forest on the Reynolds family. Getting started yes but continued expansion no. Lynchburg va is a bit of a culture shock too. I hated the school and rules but appreciate the degree and opportunities it opened.
I think that freeze is there to put his personal life back together as much or more so than his coaching life.

VN Store

Back