So the Truth Comes Out NCAA

So, if you're accused of an armed robbery that you didn't commit, I guess you'll waive your right to council and depend on the prosecutor to clear you?

This is not armed robbery or that type of charge. I just think it is interesting that they quickly hired council - that is more than likely because they realize this is not a cut and dried case and will more than likely go through many different courts before settled. It is also a posturing move I suppose in hopes that the other side will back down.

Good grief: everybody take a chill pill. I, for one, applaud the NCAA for wanting to get NIL out of recruiting. I find it interesting that so many people are keen to waste money in bribery wars for prospects with 40 other major programs. It's wrong and dumb on many fronts--even if it proves legally OK to do so. "We must be allowed to shower these 18-year-olds with money!" NIL has been confusing, it was corrupted; I'm sure it will be sorted and we'll likely not get penalized at all. That's my prediction, but everyone in the state of Tennessee wants to react like their hair is on fire.
Confusing? The NCAA rules are “pin the tail on the donkey”. They applaud Tenn. one day then throw them under the bus the next trying to flex muscles they don’t have. The money has been showered for years and the NCAA is soaked with it. Pay the kids what they deserve and that’s a river full more than the NCAA should get. Reminds me of another Organization whose name ends in AA. As far as NIL the only solution would be do away with the middle man (NCAA) and let the players become employees of the school. Let the conferences set the rules for the schools excluding NIL. Theirs not a court in this country that can tell a person how much money he can make.

Reactions: BristolVol
This is not armed robbery or that type of charge. I just think it is interesting that they quickly hired council - that is more than likely because they realize this is not a cut and dried case and will more than likely go through many different courts before settled. It is also a posturing move I suppose in hopes that the other side will back down.
The NCAA might be stupid but to drag this out it in the courts would verify it. They’re in the money making business not the throwing money away business. There is absolutely no chance they win and I don’t think for one minute they’re going to pad the lawyers pockets with their reserves just to make a point.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan

VN Store

Back