So the Truth Comes Out NCAA

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Seems we knew this sh*tstorm was coming. FU NCAA.

We will win this thing.

"...The timing of the contract between UT and Burck is telling.

It was signed by UT general counsel Ryan Stinnett on Dec. 4, almost two months before the NCAA's NIL investigation was first reported by SI.com and acknowledged publicly by UT on Jan. 30.

Knox News has learned that the NCAA has shown interest in allegations against UT for several months. But the college sports governing body apparently got serious in December.

On Dec. 15, after UT had retained Burck, Chancellor Donde Plowman and athletics director Danny White requested a one-hour meeting with NCAA President Charlie Baker, according to emails obtained by Knox News via an open records request."

It was signed by UT general counsel Ryan Stinnett on Dec. 4, almost two months before the NCAA's NIL investigation was first reported by SI.com and acknowledged publicly by UT on Jan. 30.

Knox News has learned that the NCAA has shown interest in allegations against UT for several months. But the college sports governing body apparently got serious in December.

On Dec. 15, after UT had retained Burck, Chancellor Donde Plowman and athletics director Danny White requested a one-hour meeting with NCAA President Charlie Baker, according to emails obtained by Knox News via an open records request."
I thought this hand been discussed in Plowman's letter.

But for a change and some twists in the rules regarding player compensation while the NCAA investigated Pruitt-gate and his no regard for the rules under the table cash payments, Tennessee is under the jail with the committee on infractions, given the callous disregard for the then existing rules, the NCAA will not let up until they get another shot at Tennessee to inflict the punishment they wanted for Pruitt' sideshow, which could have easily happened with the number of admitted and determined Level 1 violations, but the landscape changed and the amount of money involved in the Knoxville McDonald's bags is dwarfed by the NIL numbers percolating through the college ranks now.

Reactions: ptcarter

We will win this thing.

There is an underlying agenda for sure from the NCAA. I go back to the fact, they were just in Knoxville investigating in 2023, and this wasn’t a question. Sounds like somebody cornflakes got pissed in and they didn’t like it!

Reactions: Ratvol

We will win this thing.

Why haven’t they sent a Notice of Allegations?

But for a change and some twists in the rules regarding player compensation while the NCAA investigated Pruitt-gate and his no regard for the rules under the table cash payments, Tennessee is under the jail with the committee on infractions, given the callous disregard for the then existing rules, the NCAA will not let up until they get another shot at Tennessee to inflict the punishment they wanted for Pruitt' sideshow, which could have easily happened with the number of admitted and determined Level 1 violations, but the landscape changed and the amount of money involved in the Knoxville McDonald's bags is dwarfed by the NIL numbers percolating through the college ranks now.
Periods are your friend.

Probably know there aren’t any violations and was/are gonna try to get us to roll over for something we didn’t do.
I’m guessing they were banking on scaring everyone into compliance by going after UT. They probably figured they’d make UT the sacrificial lamb and that UT would fight back, but by the time UT got it through the courts it would be too late. The NCAA clearly wasn’t counting on this preemptive strike.

While I hate that Tennessee is getting picked on by the NCAA; I hate even more what college athletics has turned into post NIL/transfer portal rule changes. So many of these kids today have absolutely no loyalty to the programs or the fans that support them and are looking to jump to the highest bidder every year.

Kids should go to college for an education and the college experience. If they are expecting a multi-million dollar salary at 18 years old and there is enough demand then someone just needs create a semi-pro farm league with NIL benefits and leave college athletics alone.

While I hate that Tennessee is getting picked on by the NCAA; I hate even more what college athletics has turned into post NIL/transfer portal rule changes. So many of these kids today have absolutely no loyalty to the programs or the fans that support them and are looking to jump to the highest bidder every year.

Kids should go to college for an education and the college experience. If they are expecting a multi-million dollar salary at 18 years old and there is enough demand then someone just needs create a semi-pro farm league with NIL benefits and leave college athletics alone.
Colleges share the blame. They’ve become greedy institutions that are more concerned with making money than the overall idea of providing an education that will help someone gain a well-paying job.

Be careful what you wish for.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I guess we can rest assured that everything we have done to date in response to the NCAA has Burck's Firm guidance.

He seems like the type to "get the party started" and before the party he already set the War Games up for success on the battlefield.

Will not mess around as he will go straight for the juggler out of the gates.

Production of Discovery will kill and expose the NCAA for who they are.

We will win this thing.

Good grief: everybody take a chill pill. I, for one, applaud the NCAA for wanting to get NIL out of recruiting. I find it interesting that so many people are keen to waste money in bribery wars for prospects with 40 other major programs. It's wrong and dumb on many fronts--even if it proves legally OK to do so. "We must be allowed to shower these 18-year-olds with money!" NIL has been confusing, it was corrupted; I'm sure it will be sorted and we'll likely not get penalized at all. That's my prediction, but everyone in the state of Tennessee wants to react like their hair is on fire.

Good grief: everybody take a chill pill. I, for one, applaud the NCAA for wanting to get NIL out of recruiting. I find it interesting that so many people are keen to waste money in bribery wars for prospects with 40 other major programs. It's wrong and dumb on many fronts--even if it proves legally OK to do so. "We must be allowed to shower these 18-year-olds with money!" NIL has been confusing, it was corrupted; I'm sure it will be sorted and we'll likely not get penalized at all. That's my prediction, but everyone in the state of Tennessee wants to react like their hair is on fire.
I agree with most of this, but the NCAA failed to address this in reality for years. They should have pulled the Conferences together to create a board to address this. They didn't consult with any schools or take the necessary steps to make NIL a priority. No rules---Conflicting Guidance--New rules after the fact.

Instead, they blindsided any reasonable negotiations with the Conferences or schools and got the Congress and SCOTUS involved first. Kind of a cut throat way of doing business. Reminds me of a kid going to mommy for relief and loss.

Second, in the absence of guidance, State's created laws to enhance NIL without any questioning from the NCAA. Then, the NCAA seems to imply that what they say overrides State Law.

The NCAA hands were tied on NIL, but the approach to fix it was childish, cunning and a stab in the back to the Colleges. Once challenged legally it changed everything for the NCAA and validated they had no plan nor could they regulate it.

Their answer was not to sit down and discuss it. It was the opposite, let's find a sacrificial lamb (Tennessee) and give them the Death Penalty to show others who is boss. Maybe not the Death Penalty but damaging enough if allowed.

There was no way that Tennessee was going to just lie down and take it. They didn't.

VN Store

Back