So... about those running backs

I have not been impressed with our RB s for the last 2 or three years. I know the OL has something to do with that but. I don`t think they would be stellar with a good Ol.
Two star backs at best.

Running the ball eats clock. When the other team is doing that, do not want

I really wish Banks would have been the back. I would like to see Crouch run more. Ty and Jordan have had moments and I think Gray will come along next year we need a 230 pound back about 6'1 tall

Funny how many on here are so quick to advocate someone losing their job. Even though they’ve never seen them doing their job, and likely wouldn’t know what it would look like if they were doing a good job.

Chad Morris and Willie Taggart approve of this message.

Funny how many on here are so quick to advocate someone losing their job. Even though they’ve never seen them doing their job, and likely wouldn’t know what it would look like if they were doing a good job.

Maybe it’s because I have a long ignore list, but I don’t see anyone suggesting that someone should lose their job.

I have not been impressed with our RB s for the last 2 or three years. I know the OL has something to do with that but. I don`t think they would be stellar with a good Ol.
Two star backs at best.

I think they are good, just not enough holes opening up. Up to now most teams are crowding the los on us, and it is very hard to run against a stacked line. Good qb play can change this, and I then think our running game will improve.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The stats don't tell the story on rushing. We got killed on TOP, our receivers were playing out of their minds, and the second we had the lead and the ball we fumbled it away before we could put anything together.

Maybe it’s because I have a long ignore list, but I don’t see anyone suggesting that someone should lose their job.
When one poster says coach x should step up his coaching, and the following poster responds “Or he should step out of the program “, what do you think he means by that?

The running game suffers when the defensive game plan is to force your mediocre QBs throw the ball every down. 'til the UK game Chandler has been right around 5 ypc most of the season.

I seem to recall us possessing the ball and running it against, not only MS St but also Bama. Our OL is young and has improved since the start of the season. And we had a running play to ice the game against Kentucky which we won...again.

The running game suffers when the defensive game plan is to force your mediocre QBs throw the ball every down. 'til the UK game Chandler has been right around 5 ypc most of the season.

We have a winner. UK didn't respect the passing game and was going to stop the run. It worked for the most part but Kentucky will always Kentucky against us, so they had the normal variety of head scratching play calls and boneheaded mistakes along with a classic heartbreaker when we stuffed them on 4th.

Reactions: Remy
Two star backs at best.
Ty and Jordan have played good this year And gray is mop up and still learning it's just they was about all the same size but Ty was faster now Grey is fast just not game fast yet and Jordan has beefed up and can carry a pile. With this said we need a Jamal Lewis type back bad and a FB.

Two star backs at best.
Lol okay

View attachment 237888

Haters gonna hate.

All joking aside, the OL improved once Cheney got involved. I still don’t see the value of Friend.
It had nothing to do with a hole new elite
Line learning on the job hints 1-4 start and 4-1 since. Kennedy playing all year Trey playing all year and the 2 true freshman studs playing and Calvert but by all means blame Friend for the bad and someone else for the good. Dang people on here just spewing garbage and not looking into any information.

Maybe in the top 75 in the country in rushing?
I don’t know, but I know when you’re 100 plus in the country you’re not doing a good job

Maybe in the top 75 in the country in rushing?
I don’t know, but I know when you’re 100 plus in the country you’re not doing a good job

You coach the people you have to work with. They all have ceilings. They all also have stages they are in their development. I know they are a lot better than they were last year. Pass blocking is much better. Run blocking maybe marginally better. RB’s have a role in that too. Arm chair experts on here are quick to call for coaches replacement based on their own scant assessments. I wonder how those same people would feel about 20000 people looking over their shoulder at work every day and however many of them calling for your head, whether they know anything about your job or not.

VN Store

Back