So... about those running backs

At halftime they had the in game stats posted on the scoreboard. If I remember correctly at that point they had Jordan as our leading rusher at -2 lol. It was rough

Reactions: bpalmer28
Our wide receivers were a better offensive option against UK’s defense, so Chaney took advantage. Kentucky’s defense was pretty solid.

Reactions: Vol8188 and rkvdg
Not sure why we didn't run more in the first half w/ BM at QB other than I assume Chaney liked the matchup with our WRs against UK's DBs, but in the 2nd half w. JG at QB I imagine Chaney and Pruitt were worried about JG handing the ball to the RBs while wearing that splint on his left hand. UK's strength on its DL is the interior, and i think UT could have had success running on the edges, which I expected to seem more of in the 1st half, but BM seemed a bit rusty throwing the ball. He was throwing short, which suggests he was aiming the ball rather than just throwing the ball. But w/ JG at QB we saw that Chaney was correct; our WRs against the UK DBs was indeed a mismatch.

Last edited:
A beat up OL vs a DL with an extra week of rest. Now we should be able to use our own open date to recharge and finish strong. I expect to see a better run game in two weeks.

Reactions: Vol524 and butchna
Even though their rushing numbers weren’t much, I was glad to see those guys still fighting and making plays that don’t show up on stat sheet. Heck of a block by Jordan on the huge conversion JG ran for.
Yes it was...

Their DB’s were little kids compared to our wides. They also had the ball 3/4 of the game. Give our D credit. Conditioning has really improved.

KY run defense is better than I thought. An avid KY fan told me their defense will better as most of front seven are mostly seniors and recruited some key players.

KY run defense is better than I thought. An avid KY fan told me their defense will better next season since most of front seven are mostly seniors and they are recruiting well (defense). QUOTE]

Edit

Gameplanning. We don't match up well against the run with them, if we were going to beat them it was going to be through the air. We ran just enough to keep them honest. I view this as Chaney doing his job well.
That and we didn't have the ball that much.

Reactions: Vol524

VN Store

Back