Smiles

Swamp, I would like for you to post IN ORDER all your purported FACTS along with evidence to support their being facts. You can start whenever you are ready.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 7:42 PM
facts are facts and right now, UT is below the minimum, thats trouble and if you dont fix it your on probation.....UF isnt the ones accusing UT, its bama,not sure about UM, but dont throw UF into this, i have heard nothing about them  accusing UT
[snapback]96301[/snapback]​

Early graduations hurt Tennessee

"Some accomplishments the University of Tennessee athletic department likes to brag about ended up hurting the football team's score for the NCAA's new academic standard.
The football team's Academic Progress Rate, or APR, based on data from 2003-04 was 902, below the cutoff of 925. The APR will be used to determine penalties.

Coach Phillip Fulmer said Monday his team lost some points because five players who graduated early and remained on the team enrolled in classes toward a different major while they played their final season.

Under the APR, which didn't go effect until this year, the players had to either declare a new major or enter graduate school and take classes toward those new degrees in order to be counted eligible.

The school has started the appeals process to get back those points.

Fulmer does not believe it's fair for the APR to be determined by applying the new rules retroactively.

"They never told us they had to be hours in a major they've already achieved," Fulmer said. "We lost points on those guys. That makes no sense."

tell me what hasnt been a fact?

i said i HEARD, that UT was in talks of recruiting violations, some blast me for that though...if thats what your talking about

Swamp, you are becoming a troll with your idiotic comments and so-called facts.

What facts?

You mentioned people pointing their fingers at us "every day" for recruiting violations?

Where? Show us where!

You mention articles and/or shows but haven't shown anything other then a ridiculous rumor that didnt make it to the newspaper because of its lack of evidence.

Originally posted by U-T@May 19, 2005 7:57 PM
Swamp, you are becoming a troll with your idiotic comments and so-called facts.

What facts?

You mentioned people pointing their fingers at us "every day" for recruiting violations?

Where? Show us where!

You mention articles and/or shows but haven't shown anything other then a ridiculous rumor that didnt make it to the newspaper because of its lack of evidence.
[snapback]96311[/snapback]​

wow, ill say this very slowly so you understand me.....i...dont....have....any...articles.... i.....just....heard.....it..... on....a radio....show

BTW, Florida has been cheating for years now, especially under Zook.

Remember the FedEx package? What about the picture at a HS game?

Ah yes, those were talked about before hand and laughed at but who cares? They were talked about and thus UF has people pointing figures at them everyday for recruiting violations.

We aren't alone! :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

So basically you lied when you said earlier

i wouldnt go off on bama for them cheating, when several newspapers have are rumored to have a story ready to print that could cost UT a couple seasons on probation

Good to know your own argument is being refuted.

I would ask what stations but I am sure that answer will be drowned out with some other lame retort

Originally posted by U-T@May 19, 2005 8:01 PM
So basically you lied when you said earlier
Good to know your own argument is being refuted.

I would ask what stations but I am sure that answer will be drowned out with some other lame retort
[snapback]96316[/snapback]​

local sports station, something like 99.7 up here, not sure

Of course...I heard that UF was being investigated too for several recruiting rules violations....it was on some FM station around here.....

listen, every major athletic college bends the rules one way or another. then the rival schools all point fingers. this is life and we better get use to it.

I dont have any links, but i know ive heard it. If you choose not to beleive me or blast me, so be it. There are rumors floating around that Tenn definitely did something "strange" in their own recruiting but no proof has come up. Obviously that has a lot to do with them getting such a good class this year. Sometimes it's hard to imagine how fulmer does recruit so well and that is also were these allegations come from. His coaching style is kind of bland and a bit predictable...can anyone say rush, rush, screen pass??? but he obviously wins games being conservative and having a strong defense. He is one of the big uglies and that is how he wants to play. So, until something comes to light in any recruiting scandal I hope our 11 can beat yours.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 7:08 PM
There are rumors floating around that Tenn definitely did something "strange" in their own recruiting but no proof has come up.

Of course. Yet you stated that we were having fingers pointed at us "every day" and are now backing off to say it was some radio station where you lived.

Do you really know how lame you sound or are just trying to give off this personality?

I can't stand someone, especially from UF, walk around as if their program is incredibly clean then make an accusation and back down from it.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 8:08 PM
I dont have any links, but i know ive heard it.  If you choose not to beleive me or blast me, so be it. There are rumors floating around that Tenn definitely did something "strange" in their own recruiting but no proof has come up. Obviously that has a lot to do with them getting such a good class this year. Sometimes it's hard to imagine how fulmer does recruit so well and that is also were these allegations come from. His coaching style is kind of bland and a bit predictable...can anyone say rush, rush, screen pass??? but he obviously wins games being conservative and having a strong defense. He is one of the big uglies and that is how he wants to play. So, until something comes to light in any recruiting scandal I hope our 11 can beat yours.
[snapback]96323[/snapback]​

The real culprit here is jealousy. Jealousy from rival schools, coaches and fans because Tennessee took some talent out of the Florida pool. It is NOT hard to believe that Fulmer recruited so well. This crap that you are referring to is old news and there was never any story published. As a matter of fact, the Miami newspaper issued a statement asking people not to call them asking them about it and there was no such story. Sounds like some other teams are getting desperate as the Big Orange just keeps getting bigger. Kind of pathetic actually.

I'm not getting in anymore arguements with you guys. I want :peace: . No more calling eachother out, fighting and bickering with eachother. How about a fresh new start. What do you say, truce?

No thanks. I think your words in several threads show how you really feel.

Bash us then get owned in the argument then expect everyone to just forget about it?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 5:19 PM
I'm not getting in anymore arguements with you guys. I want  :peace: . No more calling eachother out, fighting and bickering with eachother. How about a fresh new start.  What do you say, truce?
[snapback]96337[/snapback]​

If you say so, but you are on thin ice, brother.

Originally posted by U-T@May 19, 2005 8:20 PM
No thanks. I think your words in several threads show how you really feel.

Bash us then get owned in the argument then expect everyone to just forget about it?

:rolleyes:
[snapback]96340[/snapback]​

i post facts and i still get bashed, those NCAA rules i threw at ya, what do ya do, bash me....i think w/e i say you bash me, weather you agree or not. i no longer want to fight with you, i think everyone on here is fed up with all the arguements, including me :peace:

And we posted back that the number of players we are graduating is at least on par with everybody else, except the retroactive application of the rule is hurting us due to early graduation.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 7:33 PM
i post facts and i still get bashed, those NCAA rules i threw at ya, what do ya do, bash me

You haven't posted a single damn fact about the recruiting violations.

You say everyone is pointing fingers at us about recruiting violations then fall back to some radio station.....1 in fact in which you aren't even sure.

That is your facts?

Please tell me you aren't out of high school because my little cousin could come up with a better argument then that.

Originally posted by U-T@May 19, 2005 8:39 PM
You haven't posted a single damn fact about the recruiting violations.

You say everyone is pointing fingers at us about recruiting violations then fall back to some radio station.....1 in fact in which you aren't even sure.

That is your facts?

Please tell me you aren't out of high school because my little cousin could come up with a better argument then that.
[snapback]96365[/snapback]​

i posted an NCAA rule, that states you are in trouble as of now, that not factual enough? im done arguing, lets post in :peace:

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 5:42 PM
i posted an NCAA rule, that states you are in trouble as of now, that not factual enough? im done arguing, lets post in  :peace:
[snapback]96369[/snapback]​

Which you are using as a basis for claiming our school is poor in the area of academics, when we said if the rule hadn't been applied retroactively, we'd be just fine.

So now you are switching from recruiting violations to graduation rates?

You are damn crazy if you think I am letting this go.

Originally posted by U-T@May 19, 2005 8:43 PM
So now you are switching from recruiting violations to graduation rates?

You are damn crazy if you think I am letting this go.
[snapback]96371[/snapback]​

im not talking about grad. rates, the rule says if you dont grad. x amount of playes in x amount of years, penalties are served, im not talking grad rates

VN Store

Back