Smiles

Originally posted by utvolpj@May 19, 2005 1:21 PM
It would probably not be wise to knock on UT academics, since I bet a few of the members here have a UT diploma on their wall.  I know I do.
[snapback]96196[/snapback]​

How about three?

I, for one, can reassure you that I have never doubted the education I received, even in the company of Ivy League grads and "northern" medical scholars. At UT Memphis, it costs $70,000 per student, per year for a medical education. . . . .the state just picks up about $60,000 of that tab.

you guys do realize that more and more fingers are being pointed at UT for recruiting violations every day?

i wouldnt go off on bama for them cheating, when several newspapers have are rumored to have a story ready to print that could cost UT a couple seasons on probation

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 3:13 PM
you guys do realize that more and more fingers are being pointed at UT for recruiting violations every day?

Where?

Can you give me actual proof?

Of course not, which is what makes your claim so damn laughable.

Let's play a game....

What school has gone on major probation last?

Ding, Ding...it's Florida

Please...

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 2:13 PM

i wouldnt go off on bama for them cheating, when several newspapers have are rumored to have a story ready to print that could cost UT a couple seasons on probation
[snapback]96215[/snapback]​

They say that everyday. People are great at fingerpointing they just have trouble with getting the evidence to prove it!!!!!

This is one of my favorite comments from gator boy.

We are being looked at for violations?

Are these the same violations that UF fans cry and cry and cry about when that Dot.com guy from Warchant says UF is going to have recruiting violations.

Everyday there are articles about that Dot guy and how he makes things up yet they have no problem pointing fingers at us with as much proof as Dot.

Go figure...hypocrites

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 4:13 PM

[snapback]96215[/snapback]​

Unless you can provide sources Swamp I am going to have to call a big BS on this one. You may have our football program confused with the Donavan machine in Gainesville.

im looking for newspaper articles now, but i have mainly heard these rumors on radio/tv...again they are just rumors

now i would love to hear your theory on BD, all i remember is roy williams being the punk that he is, got mad when BD lured mike miller to go to UF, so he pissed and moaned to the NCAA about some how, some way, BD must have cheated, b/c there is no way someone goes to KU over UF...thats how i remember it, and oh yeah, those charges were droped a while ago ;)

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 3:50 PM
im looking for newspaper articles now, but i have mainly heard these rumors on radio/tv...again they are just rumors

Yes, please show us.....

now i would love to hear your theory on BD

Do we need one? We can just make it up like you do

It's probably the infamous street agent rumor that had all the bammers buzzing. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the ones that didnt even have enough proof to make it into the Miami Herald.

Also, an SEC site had an Admin make up this story strictly for membership/views and even admitted taking it back later on.

It's a funny thing, everytime I google Tennessee recruiting, I just get articles on the awesome recruiting class we got this year. :whistle:

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 3:58 PM
im not saying UT is cheating, im just saying what i heard on tv and radio
]you guys do realize that more and more fingers are being pointed at UT for recruiting violations every day?

Is your proof of that articles that you can't even find or some random radio show?

I mean, are you serious? :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

OK, Swamp so we'll say you can't find these mysterious articles or radio shows then just give us some details about the allegations, who was involved, what rules were broken, etc.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 19, 2005 5:24 PM
OK, Swamp so we'll say you can't find these mysterious articles or radio shows then just give us some details about the allegations, who was involved, what rules were broken, etc.
[snapback]96263[/snapback]​

*Crickets chirping*

:laugh1:

SilenceisGolden.jpg

sorry i didnt reply in the first 10 sec :rolleyes: , but, i havent looked that hard, but cmon, you havent heard about these? im not saying there true...i have no idea, i just mentioned it......ive heard that trooper taylor deals with street agents that "guide" the recruit to UT, fulmer paying off recruits...etc...im not accusing anyone, just saying what i heard, but somehow you guys twist that and say im an idiot? :rolleyes:

now i would like to hear your story on billy d?

also.....

There is a new NCAA requirement that you must graduate a given percentage of your players with 6 years of athletes entering school. There are restrictions that go into effect in 2007. But the sample set or population that they are monitoring are already in school. First you start reducing the number of scholarships available. If you stay on the list long enough are you not eligible post season play. About 20% of the 117 Div-1 football teams are below that minimum level. Tennessee is one of those teams.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 6:17 PM
but, i havent looked that hard, but cmon, you havent heard about these?

No, we haven't.....so we are looking to find out where these "every day" fingers are coming from.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 6:25 PM
also.....
There is a new NCAA requirement that you must graduate a given percentage of your players with 6 years of athletes entering school. There are restrictions that go into effect in 2007. But the sample set or population that they are monitoring are already in school. First you start reducing the number of scholarships available. If you stay on the list long enough are you not eligible post season play. About 20% of the 117 Div-1 football teams are below that minimum level. Tennessee is one of those teams.
[snapback]96292[/snapback]​

Swamp, this has been discussed before. We were above the mark until they changed the rules. UT fell below b/c there were athletes who graduated early and stayed in school to continue playing. They did not pass 6 hours that applied toward a major (because they had a diploma already) so UT was docked. Please check your facts before spouting off.

And all the "street agent" talk comes out of UF and Miami. They are pissed that UT is getting the best players from their state so they cry foul with no proof. If you were presenting a case, it would be laughed out of court.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 19, 2005 3:50 PM
now i would love to hear your theory on BD, all i remember is roy williams being the punk that he is, got mad when BD lured mike miller to go to UF, so he pissed and moaned to the NCAA about some how, some way, BD must have cheated, b/c there is no way someone goes to KU over UF...thats how i remember it, and oh yeah, those charges were droped a while ago ;)
[snapback]96247[/snapback]​

roy williams a punk? hmmmmm... that punk just won the nc brother.

facts are facts and right now, UT is below the minimum, thats trouble and if you dont fix it your on probation.....UF isnt the ones accusing UT, its bama,not sure about UM, but dont throw UF into this, i have heard nothing about them accusing UT

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 19, 2005 7:40 PM
roy williams a punk?  hmmmmm... that punk just won the nc brother.
[snapback]96298[/snapback]​

that doesnt say anything about his character

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 19, 2005 7:41 PM
why are all of us having to defend our great school against these jealous idiots everyday. lets just ignore them.
[snapback]96299[/snapback]​

riiiiiiight........i post facts and you guys still call me an idiot, i dont get it

VN Store

Back