Slice would like some help

Thank you very much!! I am so grateful to have kind people helping me gain my life back.
I hope your daughter in law is doing better now. Even suffering for months with this is unacceptable.

It took her a couple years to get back close to 100% but she still has issues with it. I come from a family of physicians. My dad is a Pediatrician, grandfather was a Urologist and my mom is a FNP and it is criminal how many doctors will not LISTEN to what their patient is telling them and are so quick to just give a Zpack and send you on your way. I really hope you get this handled and get the care you need.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope you get better! I struggle with epilepsy on a daily basis. Took 6 doctors to figure out the best combination of several medications to help TRY to prevent them. My wife worries constantly about me getting anywhere, including something as simple as driving to work everyday. It's been a serious and depressing burden on my life, much like yours. Also, please try to contact that treatment center before going all the way there. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's beware of websites trying to take your money. Does your health insurance cover treatment in another country?

Reactions: 1 person
Sent what I could , Hope things get better .

To my VolNation compatriots , SPREAD THE WORD, Let us get this thing done . Not just done , BUT, in high style .

I hope you get better! I struggle with epilepsy on a daily basis. Took 6 doctors to figure out the best combination of several medications to help TRY to prevent them. My wife worries constantly about me getting anywhere, including something as simple as driving to work everyday. It's been a serious and depressing burden on my life, much like yours. Also, please try to contact that treatment center before going all the way there. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's beware of websites trying to take your money. Does your health insurance cover treatment in another country?

I have been in close contact with this clinic and have discussed it with my doctor. I was very skeptical at first, but have researched it extensively. The USA is just now on the cusp of these treatments. Hopefully they will get these treatments here.
Unfortunately my medical insurance will not cover the expenses.

I appreciate your concern.

I hate to here about your suffering too. Epilepsy is very difficult to treat and don't you just love an illness interfering with your life?

Should not drop on the page . My Youngest son has had a few minor health problems . lymphoma and minor things like that . BUMP .

Should not drop on the page . My Youngest son has had a few minor health problems . lymphoma and minor things like that . BUMP .

The only way this could be worse is if my sons or Slice were ill. I cannot imagine my child with lymphoma. I hope he is well now.
I have a chronic sore throat and swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I was checked for lymphoma but turned out not to be.

It took her a couple years to get back close to 100% but she still has issues with it. I come from a family of physicians. My dad is a Pediatrician, grandfather was a Urologist and my mom is a FNP and it is criminal how many doctors will not LISTEN to what their patient is telling them and are so quick to just give a Zpack and send you on your way. I really hope you get this handled and get the care you need.

What kind of issues does she have? I'm concerned my joints are permanently damaged.
I can deal with the rest of the symptoms if this debilitating fatigue would go away!!!

You are right about physicians needing to listen to a patient. I remember going to my PCP over and over with symptoms and he kept his back turned and shook his head like I was crazy.
I have been an RN for 22 years. My licence expires in June. I haven't decided if I am gonna renew because I am so jaded. I hope I NEVER treated a patient like I was.

This is where Slice asks you people to help me take Red to Germany. There is a clinic that is doing great things with lyme and I have to raise 20k to get her there.

What's the time frame on this slice?

I'd like to share to some fellow vol fans on facebook- is this okay?

Prayers to you guys.

Prayers to you guys.

Slice is probably in bed by now. I think he'd be fine with you putting it out on facebook. Every bit of support helps. If you, or anyone you know, uses twitter, tweet it out, and ask them to retweet it. Spread the word.

Slice is probably in bed by now. I think he'd be fine with you putting it out on facebook. Every bit of support helps. If you, or anyone you know, uses twitter, tweet it out, and ask them to retweet it. Spread the word.

Will do.

Almost to the first $1000. Let's blow this up VN. The weekend's here. When you're at church on Sunday, share the link with your fellowship. If you're not into church, then just share it with friends. It's a great cause. Spread the word. They'll choose for themselves whether they help or not, but if they don't hear about it, don't know about it, then you haven't given them a chance to make a choice.

What kind of issues does she have? I'm concerned my joints are permanently damaged.
I can deal with the rest of the symptoms if this debilitating fatigue would go away!!!

You are right about physicians needing to listen to a patient. I remember going to my PCP over and over with symptoms and he kept his back turned and shook his head like I was crazy.
I have been an RN for 22 years. My licence expires in June. I haven't decided if I am gonna renew because I am so jaded. I hope I NEVER treated a patient like I was.

It was right at 4 years ago because it was just before the wedding she finally was treated properly. She doesn't have any debilitating symptoms but often complains about joints aching and what she terms "mild arthritis like" symptoms. She still gets tired more easily than she should at 26 but the difference between then and now is night and day.

Prayers to you guys.

Yes please share!!!
My goal is end of July. If I get the money sooner, they said they can take me earlier.

I can't do a "chicken in the pot" size donation but I'll do what I can. Praying for you both, especially you Red.

I can't do a "chicken in the pot" size donation but I'll do what I can. Praying for you both, especially you Red.

What is sad is the "chicken in the pot" people are nowhere to be found on this issue.
I sent a text with the link to several of them Then talked to one of them yesterday and the subject didn't come up.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes please share!!!
My goal is end of July. If I get the money sooner, they said they can take me earlier.

I've shared it on facebook. My family will be making a donation shortly. Have some funds tied up in my daughters forthcoming wedding.

While I know this is hard on slice and yourself, it breaks my heart your boys are seeing their mother this way. You will get better!

It was right at 4 years ago because it was just before the wedding she finally was treated properly. She doesn't have any debilitating symptoms but often complains about joints aching and what she terms "mild arthritis like" symptoms. She still gets tired more easily than she should at 26 but the difference between then and now is night and day.
Hope your daughter in law regains complete health and no more aches real soon.

Hoping this works out for you folks, wish I could do more, having had Lyme before it sucks. Luckily living near the epicenter of the disease it was diagnosed very early.

Can't donate financially, unfortunately......but if you need anything while here in Germany, let me know. It's a 3 hour drive, but it's for a fellow Vol fan.

VN Store

Back