Signature Win - Over UGA?

DownNDirty

UGA’s wins:

Louisiana Monroe (1-4) - lone win over Nicholls State (0-5)

Vandy (2-3) - wins over Austin Peay (0-6) and MTSU (2-4)

South Carolina (2-4) - wins over North Carolina (4-1) - UNC’s wins are over North Carolina A&T, Illinois, Delaware, and Georgia Tech and Central Florida (0-6)

Southern University (3-2) - wins over Mississippi Valley State (0-6), Jackson State (1-4), and Alabama State (2-4)

So to digest. The opponents Georgia beat has a combined record of 8-13. The opponents of the opponents that UGA has beaten has a combined record of 9-36

Please continue to tell me how this was Butch’s signature win. He beat a team that lost their top player the first play of the game and has a QB who couldn’t cut it at Virginia. And a team that won’t be in the top 25 come poll time.

Look, this takes nothing away from the players effort in the game. Dobbs is a warrior. But to tell me that Butch "got it done" is a stretch. UGA was overrated it seems. Stats don't lie. But I'm sure just by me posting this some people will automatically think I'm a NegaVol.

There's a big difference IMO between being a fan of the team and players and worshipping the coaches. I don't ever think Butch gets more than 9 regular season wins at UT and IMO that's just not good enough. I'm glad they beat UGA and with Bama's issues on offense they very well could give Bama a game this year. Missouri sucks and South Carolina has checked out. It's probably a good year for TN to turn the corner and look pretty decent when all is said and done.

I just have a problem with people saying that this is a top 10 win in program history. It was one of the best come from behind wins I can remember but we beat a team that isn't all that great it seems. Anytime we beat UGA is a good day. Realistically we should be 5-1 now - Arkansas handled us fair and square. But we should have wins over Florida and Oklahoma - who also showed they may just be mediocre at best this year once again. TCU and Baylor will destroy them.

Flame away - I've got pretty thick skin.

Reactions: 24 people
Ive been down on Butch but its pretty impressive to beat a top 25 team UT hasn't beaten in 5 years. Is Georgia Alabama? No of course not but I would still call it a statement win for Butch and the Program.

Reactions: 14 people
Minimizing your own success so your narrative will still work is a great way to never have to admit your wrong

Reactions: 35 people
Boy the negas are really grasping today aren't they. Winning hurts their "Fahr Butch" narrative.

Reactions: 11 people
At no point in the last 20 years has a win over Alabama, Florida or Georgia not been a big deal. And beating Georgia is probably the single biggest win for recruiting that there is.

Reactions: 23 people
It's Georgia, snapped a 5 game winning streak, uh yea, signature, no need to look into it any further than that.
*Signature win.

Reactions: 7 people
UGA’s wins:

South Carolina (2-4) - wins over North Carolina (4-1) - UNC’s wins are over North Carolina A&T, Illinois, Delaware, and Georgia Tech and Central Florida (0-6)

Southern University (3-2) - wins over Mississippi Valley State (0-6), Jackson State (1-4), and Alabama State (2-4)

So to digest. The opponents Georgia beat has a combined record of 8-13. The opponents of the opponents that UGA has beaten has a combined record of 9-36

Please continue to tell me how this was Butch’s signature win. He beat a team that lost their top player the first play of the game and has a QB who couldn’t cut it at Virginia. And a team that won’t be in the top 25 come poll time.

Look, this takes nothing away from the players effort in the game. Dobbs is a warrior. But to tell me that Butch "got it done" is a stretch. UGA was overrated it seems. Stats don't lie. But I'm sure just by me posting this some people will automatically think I'm a NegaVol.

There's a big difference IMO between being a fan of the team and players and worshipping the coaches. I don't ever think Butch gets more than 9 regular season wins at UT and IMO that's just not good enough. I'm glad they beat UGA and with Bama's issues on offense they very well could give Bama a game this year. Missouri sucks and South Carolina has checked out. It's probably a good year for TN to turn the corner and look pretty decent when all is said and done.

I just have a problem with people saying that this is a top 10 win in program history. It was one of the best come from behind wins I can remember but we beat a team that isn't all that great it seems. Anytime we beat UGA is a good day. Realistically we should be 5-1 now - Arkansas handled us fair and square. But we should have wins over Florida and Oklahoma - who also showed they may just be mediocre at best this year once again. TCU and Baylor will destroy them.

Take your depression pills buddy. Some of us need to learn how to enjoy a pleasant Sunday.

Reactions: 6 people
UGA’s wins:

Who cares to me it was a win over a ranked team, Still keeps us on pace for my regular season win lose total of 8 and 4 it means out side upsetting Bama we we must go 5 and 0 against the last 5 opponents. Now that's progress over last season, get another Bowl win, and continue to recruit, recruit, and finally recruit some more. We need more depth and I mean quality depth.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the same refusal to admit being wrong as with the 2013 S. Carolina game being a signature win. Move on

UGA’s wins:

In before if we beat Bama it isn't considered a signature win because the combined record of their opponents is 18-17 and they only have a win against an overrated UGA and loss to Ole Miss. SMH.

Sorry bro. This was a great win. For the life of me I don't know why people can't just enjoy it. Its like our fans love misery and aren't happy without it.

Just as the way we have lost games left so many fuming, the way we won, coming back from 21 down against a ranked division rival is huge. Don't minimize it.

Reactions: 10 people
Did anyone notice the real UT had a signature win last night over Gerogia and the other one out in Texas had a signature win, as well. Both wins over hated rivals.

By the way loved seeing Striker getting exposed by Texas for his one deminsional pass rush game. He cannot defend the run.

UGA’s wins:

Jesus H Christ dude. We won celebrate it. Don't nit pick every single little thing. It was a big signature win. One that we desperately needed. If you're be this miserable then why even bother. Go cheer for another team.

I just found it interesting how woefully bad UGA's opponents records were. Will it pan out through the end of the year? Who knows. With the East being so down and Georgia Tech being down UGA might still win 9 regular season games this year. It was a stat I just thought was eye opening.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back