SIAP:UT 2021 PREDICTIONS

I honestly have no idea what to expect in the fall. This isn’t one of the more brutal schedules we’ve played, but we’ve had some undeniable attrition.

I just want to see a team that acts like it wants to play and win.

Reactions: VolinMC
Kentucky 2019

You'll need to elaborate.
UTUKDefense2019.png

The 3rd down stop at the goal line. If he doesn't shoot the gap and stand up the running back, Kentucky would've scored with very little time left.

The one right before the end of the game? That was Bituli and Ja'Quain Blakely, and it was Blakely's only recorded tackle if I recall.

This team will struggle to get 5 wins...no depth and NCAA black cloud hanging over program will hurt this program for another 5 years...…So sad to see this program go through another transition and the media knows the interest isnt there like it once was. Maybe 1000+ (including media) showed up for the open practice last Saturday.....

Even with the attrition and ncaa cloud we are clearly the better team than: Tennessee Tech, South Alabama, Bowling Green, Vandy and S.Carolina. We are significantly more talented than Pitt and Kentucky too.

Our gains on offense will be similar to what Ole Miss did last season with Lane. We will have a bit of a setback on defense but it will be a net gain in yards, points, and points differential. Also Cimaglia was off last season due to injury. Our Kicking game stands to improve a bunch.

What you forget is that for whatever reason (micromanagement of position coaches, JG, etc), this team quit on CJP after Georgia game. We didn't get nearly the ROI that we should have for the athletes on the field. There was a curb stomping at the Kentucky game and the wrong team got curb stomped. Our offense had one drive at the end of the second half where they dominated and got the TD almost exclusively on the ground. Then I think when there wasn't a qb change and the DL coach got fired at halftime, they just gave up. Team checked out on Pruitt/Chaney.

We can also beat Ole Miss and Mizzou although Mizzou will be a tough one.

If HT doesn't stop him on 3rd down, we never make it to 4th down. If they score, we get the ball back and most likely lose 20-17

That's a pretty big stretch to attribute that win to HT, considering that without Bituli and Blakely stopping on the next play, they either score or get a fresh set of downs.

I

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
That's a pretty big stretch to attribute that win to HT, considering that without Bituli and Blakely stopping on the next play, they either score or get a fresh set of downs.

I
A fresh set of downs on the goal line? They either score or they don't. We also had an illegal substitution on 3rd down (12 men on the field), half the distance to the goal to the 1.On that stat sheet you shared, under HT where it says 1 tackle for loss? He drove the runningback back to the 2. You're going to tell me that kentucky running the option from the 2 instead of the 1 doesn't give Bituli and Blakely more time to stretch the play to the outside doesn't make much difference?

A fresh set of downs on the goal line? They either score or they don't. We also had an illegal substitution on 3rd down (12 men on the field), half the distance to the goal to the 1.On that stat sheet you shared, under HT where it says 1 tackle for loss? He drove the runningback back to the 2. You're going to tell me that kentucky running the option from the 2 instead of the 1 doesn't give Bituli and Blakely more time to stretch the play to the outside doesn't make much difference?

And yet if Bituli and Blakely don't stop the next play it's all for naught.

It's a moot point anyway. The point is that Henry is not a force unto himself. He's not Derek Barnett, who forced teams to put two blockers on him, or he was going to wreck your QB, and still did more often than not. Definitely hasn't shown any level of play that warrants attributing 1-2 wins/season on him.

Even with the attrition and ncaa cloud we are clearly the better team than: Tennessee Tech, South Alabama, Bowling Green, Vandy and S.Carolina. We are significantly more talented than Pitt and Kentucky too.

Our gains on offense will be similar to what Ole Miss did last season with Lane. We will have a bit of a setback on defense but it will be a net gain in yards, points, and points differential. Also Cimaglia was off last season due to injury. Our Kicking game stands to improve a bunch.

What you forget is that for whatever reason (micromanagement of position coaches, JG, etc), this team quit on CJP after Georgia game. We didn't get nearly the ROI that we should have for the athletes on the field. There was a curb stomping at the Kentucky game and the wrong team got curb stomped. Our offense had one drive at the end of the second half where they dominated and got the TD almost exclusively on the ground. Then I think when there wasn't a qb change and the DL coach got fired at halftime, they just gave up. Team checked out on Pruitt/Chaney.

I appreciate your optimism, I dont think we get close to beating Ole Miss, Kiffin will want to put 50 on the Vols in Neyland

Reactions: Frozevol

While I appreciate the positive attitude, this feels incredibly optimistic. Looking like Ole Miss in the first year? If the Vols had an elite QB like Corral then maybe. I just don't see it.

4-8

I struggle to find 22 players on defense I think are SEC caliber. If you don't go two deep in this league you will be exposed.
What is "SEC" caliber?
Are Clemson's players SEC caliber? They couldn't be because they are in the ACC right?

But Miss State and Vandy are in the SEC. So ...there you go.

He led the team in tackles and TFL. Which LB do you think will fill his shoes and do the same? Which ones will be on the BBB watch list this year?

Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List
Butkus Award Watch List
Bednarik Award Watch List

2020 Preseason All-SEC First Team
2019 Freshman All-American (247, The Athletic)
2019 SEC All-Freshman Team (Coaches)
He was also tops in then league in missed tackles...for 2020.

It’s a team coming off a 3-7 season with a new staff and about half or so of the starting spots are legitimately up for grabs.

That’s a lot to deal with.

If they make a bowl game, it’s a successful season.

There's literally nothing about that interception that has anything to do with his skill as a linebacker. He was in the right place at the right time.

While this one was a win and JG made a couple of good throws, you had to make us watch the D not cover a slant.

It’s a team coming off a 3-7 season with a new staff and about half or so of the starting spots are legitimately up for grabs.

It mostly comes down to QB.
We had better talent than 3-7 even with the All SEC schedule. Ark and UK were not more talented. 5-5 6-4 with a component QB last year.

If we can get that this season we can win 7 - 8 games.

Name one game where Henry To'oto'o's performance was enough of a single factor in the game, that it can be honestly said, that UT would not have won the game without him.

His freshman year end of UK game, 3rd and goal to go. HT does not make that stop on Rodrigues (spelling may not be correct but he was UK's biggest RB that season) we lose. There would have been no need for a magnificent Vol 4th down stop.

His freshman year end of UK game, 3rd and goal to go. HT does not make that stop on Rodrigues (spelling may not be correct but he was UK's biggest RB that season) we lose. There would have been no need for a magnificent Vol 4th down stop.

One play does not make a game unless it's a 4th down stop with no time left. HT's numbers are good for UT, but middle-of-the road for the SEC, and is no way "game changing" by any definition.

His performance is no where near warranting a '1-2 game swing' which @secking is trying to substantiate.

That 3-7 had very little to do with talent...it was directly attributable to a dysfunctional coaching staff.

The athletes were more than good enough to perform at a much higher level.

If they make a bowl game Heupel should be under consideration for SEC coach of the year.

This is our way. Come November alot of the people boosting expectations will be railing other posters for being negas who are disappointed that we didn't live up to the inflated expectations the pumpers set. I'll say right now what I'll say in November, i.e. if we go 6-6 that will be a great job by this staff.

Reactions: VolinMC

VN Store

Back