SHS Stepping Down

It is amazing to me how eager some posters are on the politics forum of VolNation to be patronizing to others when they don't even have their facts straight. Per CNBC: The salary which Sarah Huckabee Sanders earns and that I quoted ($179,700 per year) happens to be the highest annual salary that is paid to any of the Trump White House staffers. However, she is far from the only one who makes it. There are 21 White House employees who currently also draw that same salary. They include:

John Bolton (Assistant to the President for National Security)
Kellyanne Conway (Assistant to the President)
Andrew Bremberg (Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy)
John DeStefano (Assistant to the President and Counselor)
Emmet Flood (Special Counsel to the President)
Jason Greenblatt (Special Representative for International Negotiations)
Joseph Hagin (Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations)
Marcia Kelly (Director of White House Management)
Lawrence Kudlow (Assistant to the President for Economic Policy)
Derek Lyons (Assistant to the President and Staff Secretary)
Stephen Miller (Senior Advisor for Policy)
Mick Mulvaney (Chief of Staff)
Peter Navarro (Assistant to the President for Trade and Manufacturing Policy)
Lindsey Reynolds (Chief of Staff to the First Lady)
Mira Ricardel (Deputy National Security Adviser)
Brooke Rollins (Assistant to the President for Strategic Initiatives)
Sarah Huckabee Sanders (White House Press Secretary)
Dan Scavino (Director of Social Media)
Jay Sekulow (Special Counsel to the President)
Mercedes Schlapp (Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications)
Marc Short (Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs)

For what it is worth, the lowest salary that is paid among White House staff members is to Christopher Liddell, who is Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy Coordination. He earns $30,000 per year. You should save the condescending "Bless your heart" crap for a post when you have actually taken the time (30 seconds, maybe?) to fact check what you are about to comment on.
For a guy who supposedly hates women, he sure pays them well. That’s a stark contrast with the previous administration’s glass ceiling.

But...But...that is her JOB!!
Wow... you really did just beat me to my response. I didn't know you were on my side. Thanks!

If she didn't want to interface with the White House Press Corps, then she should have stepped aside a lot sooner than she did. It is ridiculous to only have one White House press briefing in 6 months.

Per former White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, the most important responsibility of a White House Press Secretary is to brief the White House Press corps... and as Earnest correctly noted, Sanders has gone longer (3 months) without a briefing than any press secretary since Watergate.
So interested parties send him a resume?

I am really digging the new standard adopted on this board. Glad we are finally seeing so much outrage when politicians lie and when their lackeys lie for them. It's gonna make for a really fun campaign season as candidates on both sides of the aisle are raked over the coals for all the lies told. I mean, surely we aren't going to single out one party's candidates are we? I am disappointed so far in the lack of copy/paste tweets excoriating the liberal candidates but that must be coming. Right?

Last edited:
I am really digging the new standard adopted on this board. Glad we are finally seeing so much outrage when politicians lie and when their lackeys lie for them. It's gonna make for a really fun campaign season as candidates on both sides of the isle are raked over the coals for all the lies told. I mean, surely we aren't going to single out one party's candidates are we? I am disappointed so far in the lack of copy/paste tweets excoriating the liberal candidates but that must be coming. Right?
That should be *aisle* ... unless, you are talking about hot coals on a Hawaiian island, maybe?

Reactions: McDad
No, I didn't. The point that he thought he was making (but he was dead wrong), was that $179,700 is not much money for a White House staffer who reports to the President... but it is, in fact, the maximum paid salary and many others do make less than that.

You weren't b'yatching about her salary relative to other staffers... you were bothered that she makes $180k. Never mind that she's a direct report to the most powerful employee on Earth. But keep on digging. It's fun to watch.

Trump thanked her for 3 1/2 years of service on Twitter... but going back that far would even pre-date when she joined the Trump campaign in the summer of 2016. At first, she was the campaign manager for her father. Trump will exaggerate anything.
Waiting for Trump to visit all 57 states like his predecessor.

I am really digging the new standard adopted on this board. Glad we are finally seeing so much outrage when politicians lie and when their lackeys lie for them. It's gonna make for a really fun campaign season as candidates on both sides of the aisle are raked over the coals for all the lies told. I mean, surely we aren't going to single out one party's candidates are we? I am disappointed so far in the lack of copy/paste tweets excoriating the liberal candidates but that must be coming. Right?
Fairness is applied to your children, well kinda, and sandbox rules ... After that nawww

VN Store

Back