Shooting at a church in Sutherland springs Texas

Looks like he legally purchased the gun from Academy Sports.

So if you're kicked out of the Air Force for assaulting your wife and child you can still go out and buy an AR no questions asked.

And people say we don't need stricter gun laws.

Reactions: 3 people
Texas Attorney General says we need more guns in church to prevent more massacres like this. Another Texas/conservative BOOB parroting NRA talking point. In other words, the NRA--which is in the business of promoting guns---thinks everyone in America should walk around with a gun at all times--to protect themselves against all the other people with guns. What white-is-black insanity!

Hmmm: I can't decide which would be safer: A society with no guns or a society in which everybody carried a gun around. That's a tough one. Typical conservative craziness--let's do the opposite of what we actually should be doing, because selling guns is more important that than well-being of Americans. This situation with guns in America is no different than the situation with cigarettes in America 30/40 years ago. The gun industry is the new version of the tobacco industry--lying to protect or enhance its market, with politicians and lobbyists (NRA) aggressively supporting its lies and nonsense, just as pols and lobbyists were in the pocket of the tobacco industry for decades (and still are!). Instead of lying and spewing bull$hit to keep people smoking, this is spewing BS to keep people buying guns.

This idea that people with guns are going to stop massacres is comical. Mentally disturbed people are going to buy their guns and then go to a crowded place and open fire--and nothing is going to stop them. Yea, the shooters will die--either shoot themselves or get shot by the cops are something--only after a bunch of people have been murdered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Mike Cernovich tried to get this rumor started on twitter. Idiots like 72 grad ran with it because evidence is the least of their concerns in moments like this.
I didn't say that he was a member of Antifa. I innocently asked if the rumor was true or not.

I didn't say that he was a member of Antifa. I innocently asked if the rumor was true or not.

conspiracy machine at work. I heard--it's JUST a RUMOR--that Hillary Clinton was seen in a car with the killer just before he walked in the church. But an old white guy in the Texas town said he saw the car and thinks it might have been Obama inside with the shooter. Now, I don't know if this is true--but it could be and therefore needs to be investigated.

Reactions: 2 people
72 was just being provocative. Pretty sure the ANTIFA comment was tongue in cheek and meant to rile up a certain group of posters here.

28ae5ec.jpg

conspiracy machine at work. I heard--it's JUST a RUMOR--that Hillary Clinton was seen in a car with the killer just before he walked in the church. But an old white guy in the Texas town said he saw the car and thinks it might have been Obama inside with the shooter. Now, I don't know if this is true--but it could be and therefore needs to be investigated.
Are you innocently asking VN posters if that is true? I doubt it. They would be chauffeured in a limousine, and it wasn't a limousine.

Indeed. Devout atheists humor me.

Atheists have rational thought on their side. I don't see a purple elephant standing in my back yard; therefore, I will assert that there is no purple elephant back there.

Religious zealots are irrational. They see a purple elephant in the back yard because they want to see one, even though there is no purple elephant in the back yard. And then they go around the neighborhood, and the town, and the state, and the world, TELLING EVERYBODY: "Listen, there is a purple elephant in my back yard! And you've probably got one in your back yard too! I can't see him--and you won't either--but I know he's there and if I give you this book full of 2nd grade stories, you will believe in the purple elephant too. And it's important to remember that the purple elephant loves you. And if you get run over by a truck tomorrow, or kidnapped and killed, well, it's because that's the will of the purple elephant. But don't worry, if that happens, we will all say prayers for you....to the purple elephant. And if you believe all this, then after you die, you'll go to a wonderful place in the clouds and eat TV dinners for eternity--and no one will care! Oh, it's heaven. DO believe in the purple elephant, sir!"

Religious folks are humorous.

Reactions: 9 people
What's happened over the last few years is that lots of right-wing fringe groups--small organizations with an extreme conservative agenda and no regard for facts--have popped up and now are working hard to dominate social media with their conspiracy theories and their nonsense. The Russians? Yea, that's bad--but our society is now overflowing with right-wing BS designed to play all the rubes in America who've been conditioned to believe that New York Times is not trustworthy. Better to listen to the fat blogger in his basement in Texas, spouting that the Texas church shooter had worked on Clinton's campaign, or was a Muslim sympathizer, and then throw up a fake news report to back up the nonsense. Crazies on the loose...

Top YouTube search results for Texas shooting include unverified right-wing reports.

No they don't. It's just a right wing talking point so you act like they do.

Lol. Yes, the right wing conspiracy to be amused by atheists

Proselytizing their fervent belief in nothing. It's quite bizarre. But they get triggered by any Christians who proselytize their belief in something

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back