She's Gone!!!!!!

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Typical response from a bunch dunba$$es

Looking at your previous posts it would appear you're a dumbass who is satisfied with mediocrity. Holly doesn't 'deserve' a damn thing except to be relieved of her duties and thankfully that's what she got. She also got rich off of UT posting sub par results so forgive some of us if we aren't sobbing like little snowflakes over someone who was basically stealing a high six figures year after year. Now go back to your chai latte and try to see if it'll help soothe your poor little hurt feelings, sweetheart.

I thought for sure IF Phil fired Holly...he would offer her a desk job of some kind to make it easier for him to do this. He didn't even do that. Just fired her and gave the obligatory references to her years of service and accomplishments etc....but at the end of the day she's left with a pink slip and a severence. As it should be. I have increased respect for Phil as an AD.

Reactions: tennvols77
Yep, I couldn't think of a better picture to represent your attitude. Excellent job.
hey... its you again. its really fun living rent free in your head .. LOL

of course you are the only one who would need help understanding that the meme was describing
the poor bastard i replied to.

Are you even a teenager? I am tired of having my IQ literally drained out through my eyeballs when you post. Buh Bye!
"Buh Bye" ? LOL sounds like a 12 yo girl posting on Facebook.
ok ..... youre dismissed. (where do these idiots come from? gotta be Bama trolls)

I mentioned a couple of months ago that I got it from a reliable source there was already a short list back THEN. No one listened to me. Lol.

It wasn’t hard for him to fire her because he had already planned on doing so when the Sugar Honey Iced Tea started hitting the fan...let me go find my old post.....lol

I disagree. If he had been planning it, it would have been announced within two days of the last loss. I am betting sponsors started calling Vol Network threatening to back out on advertising during Lady Vols games going forward, and some influential boosters were asking what he was waiting on. There may have been a short list, but they have one of those for replacing most any coach up there. Almost certain Fulmer got orders from somebody, and it's clear he wasn't planning it or it would have been announced sooner.

I disagree. If he had been planning it, it would have been announced within two days of the last loss. I am betting sponsors started calling Vol Network threatening to back out on advertising during Lady Vols games going forward, and some influential boosters were asking what he was waiting on. There may have been a short list, but they have one of those for replacing most any coach up there. Almost certain Fulmer got orders from somebody, and it's clear he wasn't planning it or it would have been announced sooner.

It was announced 4 days after the UCLA and we can assume that Holly was given a one day advance warning and info was circulating that a decision had been made only 2 days past the loss/

That timeline is very, very fast and consistent with TNnative's post. I am not sure why some are so invested in the idea that Fulmer was going to back Holly to the bitter, bitter end. Her fate was largely set during the losing streak unless the team had a major turnaround, which it didn't.

It was announced 4 days after the UCLA and we can assume that Holly was given a one day advance warning and info was circulating that a decision had been made only 2 days past the loss/

That timeline is very, very fast and consistent with TNnative's post. I am not sure why some are so invested in the idea that Fulmer was going to back Holly to the bitter, bitter end. Her fate was largely set during the losing streak unless the team had a major turnaround, which it didn't.

Most firings happen within 48 hours of that last straw loss for a high profile program. 4 days? If they "circulated info", that runs the risk of a leak in that time. No, I doubt Holly got any one day advance warning. He backed her until he was given no other choice. And 4 days is just enough time to find out how many sponsors are considering backing out. I am betting the time between the termination meeting and the announcement was just enough time for her to tell the players, and for Fulmer to rehearse the announcement somebody on the staff had written just in case.

Most firings happen within 48 hours of that last straw loss for a high profile program. 4 days? If they "circulated info", that runs the risk of a leak in that time. No, I doubt Holly got any one day advance warning. He backed her until he was given no other choice. And 4 days is just enough time to find out how many sponsors are considering backing out. I am betting the time between the termination meeting and the announcement was just enough time for her to tell the players, and for Fulmer to rehearse the announcement somebody on the staff had written just in case.

Let's just make up "facts" as we need them, shall we?

I say most firings happening within 4 days of the crucial loss so there.

There was a lot of buzz, including on this board, where people who seem to have some inside connections posted that Fulmer was planning on dismissing Holly before the season ended and was drawing up his short list.

Social media started speculating that a change was coming 2 days before the announcement (remember all that). Those posts from journalist about a "major announcement" being in the works likely had some inside sources about that imminent possibility.

On sponsors, most of UTs media rights money comes from SEC network and national coverage. Vol network generates 8% of the UTAD revenue and almost all of that is tied to football and men's b-bal. Women's ball is a drop in the bucket and a really cheap media buy in comparative terms. Since you don't seem to know how media works, commercial time is more expensive for high rated programs; so a 30 second spot for a UT football game is much more expensive than a 30 second spot for a lower rated LVs game.

There is no evidence of a mass sponsor revolt around the LVs (that would have been in the press also) and, it would not have been a major financial consideration any way.

You are spinning whole bunch of made up assumptions that Fulmer had to be "forced" to make change or else he would have been perfectly happy with a 6 game losing streak, lucky to make the tournament season.

All the evidence points to the fact that Fulmer was being a responsible AD. Why is that so troubling for you?

Last edited:

There was a lot of buzz, including on this board, where people who seem to have some inside connections posted that Fulmer was planning on dismissing Holly before the season ended and was drawing up his short list.

Social media started speculating that a change was coming 2 days before the announcement (remember all that). Those posts from journalist about a "major announcement" being in the works likely had some inside sources about that imminent possibility.

On sponsors, most of UTs media rights money comes from SEC network and national coverage. Vol network generates 8% of the UTAD revenue and almost all of that is tied to football and men's b-bal. Women's ball is a drop in the bucket and a really cheap media buy in comparative terms. Since you don't seem to know how media works, commercial time is more expensive for high rated programs; so a 30 second spot for a UT football game is much more expensive than a 30 second spot for a lower rated LVs game.

There is no evidence of a mass sponsor revolt around the LVs (that would have been in the press also) and, it would not have been a major financial consideration any way.

You are spinning whole bunch of made up assumptions that Fulmer had to be "forced" to make change or else he would have been perfectly happy with a 6 game losing streak, lucky to make the tournament season.

All the evidence points to the fact that Fulmer was being a responsible AD. Why is that so troubling for you?

Fulmer responsible? OOOOKKKKKKK.

Are folks now bitching because he didn’t fire HW quick enough? Good grief. The writing was on the wall before the NCAAT started. Folks amaze me, I swear. LOL

Are folks now bitching because he didn’t fire HW quick enough? Good grief. The writing was on the wall before the NCAAT started. Folks amaze me, I swear. LOL

No kidding, people had been calling her “Hot Seat Holly” since January. It wasn’t so much if, but when to everyone aside from Holly.

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Vol376
No kidding, people had been calling her “Hot Seat Holly” since January. It wasn’t so much if, but when to everyone aside from Holly.
Well and I guess people just don’t know how things work. The handwriting was on the wall, but there was probably a timeline in place and allllll sorts of things going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back