Seriously, I think the Vols have a chance

I don’t think Fl is as good as people think. They lost A&M.....we beat Mizz. I think we can run on them and keep it close til the end.

Defensively they aren't as good as years prior but their offense is legitimate. The only way to beat them is if we score and catch them on an off day offensively. If you watch them, a lot of games are close at the beginning and then they run away with it and the only way we can beat them is to put up numbers. We will not beat them if we only score 17 points.

Reactions: feathersax
I don’t think Fl is as good as people think. They lost A&M.....we beat Mizz. I think we can run on them and keep it close til the end.
If Pruitt had made the QB switch 4 weeks ago then I might be more hopeful. I think UT can compete if they develop a good, limited passing game for Bailey and have success running the ball. They have to protect the D from UF's O.

But Bailey doesn't have the experience to "open it up" if the Vols need to go heavy pass. With 4-5 weeks of focused development... maybe he would have.

I talk myself into believing we can beat Florida every year. This year that's not the case. No chance.

Good of you for staying optimistic though.

I'll always watch and cheer and bitch for the vols.Also,willlive with the belief that gitting a little "Momentum",we can play and beat the three left on the schedule.

EFED1FF7-48AF-4B39-8F69-79BE535E866D.jpeg

We’re always good for at least one of these threads before every beatdown. Like clockwork.

Reactions: Volfan76
4otz2q.jpg

technically, the OP is right. While 0.0000000000000000000001 is not necessarily statistically different from 0, it isn't 0. So technically, there is a chance. However, only in the same sense that there's a chance that the world ends tomorrow, or the moon decides to go hang out with Jupiter for a while.

I honestly think the only chance there is, if there is one, is if y'all run EVERY play (seriously, every single play) and average 4 yards a carry...You'll get blown out trying to win a shootout, but I legitimately think there's a real chance for a ballgame if you hard commit to grinding it out the ground against this rush d, playing keep away/ball control/ t.o.p. football, and hoping for a mistake or two on our part...Other than that, I really just don't see it.

You all do this to yourselves every year. Next two games will be very, very painful to watch. HB gives us a reason to watch (for the future), but both these games will be very ugly, very fast. Would not be surprised if UF had half-a-hundred on us by halftime.

Note: UF throws slants.

Reactions: preacherwebb

love the optimism OP.....not sure if I should tell you to have another drink.....or maybe you had enough...:cool:

Gonna be a cold day. They are used to warm weather. Other than that I don’t see any advantage. Best bet is to try to keep it on the ground, run the clock and limit their possessions.

No, they're good. Very good on offense. I think they'll score 35+ vs UT. Can the Vols offense keep up?

Reactions: Jaws
This kind of optimism says many of you haven't been paying attention to the outcomes of previous 2020 games.

Well I have $150 on FL to cover... so yeah, we’ll win or keep it close. That’s usually my luck.

VN Store

Back