Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

So, I figured out that you can eavesdrop onto Kuro and Emma talking about some stuff. That started a chain of events that led to me obtaining an item that I could use with the Buddha that took me back to Hirata Estate. After you eavesdrop on Kuro and Emma I made sure that I was "restarting" everything so I would keep going back to the sculpture up top where you fight The Owl and Genichiro to rest. That kepts moving the plot forward for me until you move to the next area. You got to a few areas (nothing where you fight anybody), but you gotta follow it and keep making sure you get as much talk out of the characters involved (mainly Emma) as possible to get this item. You eventually go back to the Sculptor so if you get there you know you are doing things correctly. At least that's how I did it.

So, I figured out that you can eavesdrop onto Kuro and Emma talking about some stuff. That started a chain of events that led to me obtaining an item that I could use with the Buddha that took me back to Hirata Estate. After you eavesdrop on Kuro and Emma I made sure that I was "restarting" everything so I would keep going back to the sculpture up top where you fight The Owl and Genichiro to rest. That kepts moving the plot forward for me until you move to the next area. You got to a few areas (nothing where you fight anybody), but you gotta follow it and keep making sure you get as much talk out of the characters involved (mainly Emma) as possible to get this item. You eventually go back to the Sculptor so if you get there you know you are doing things correctly. At least that's how I did it.

That’s crazy. Nice discovery. Does the same technique work on him the second time?

That’s crazy. Nice discovery. Does the same technique work on him the second time?

I've only fought him twice and didn't really get far, but I really didn't try much. He has the same dash-n-slash move as from before, but has other moves added in that make it a different fight than before.

I kno 2 dudes who can't beat the final boss. And they have beaten all of the DS games.

I'm going through the Fountainhead Palace now. Just beat the Sechimen Warrior. Still trying to beat Owl #2. I just can't do it. Tried at least 40 times now

Have you beat him yet? I haven't fought him yet, but I'm there. Tonight I will begin my trials of defeating him.

I’m going to be honest... prepare to be disappointed in my response...

I caved. Spent 5 consecutive nights trying to beat him, looked up every cheese in the books. Best I could do was ALMOST get to the 4th phase.

I’ve spent enough emotion and anger on the game, I traded it back in. Going to go a new route for a bit. Maybe when DLC is released i’ll buy it again and go for round 20 with him.

I’m going to be honest... prepare to be disappointed in my response...

I caved. Spent 5 consecutive nights trying to beat him, looked up every cheese in the books. Best I could do was ALMOST get to the 4th phase.

I’ve spent enough emotion and anger on the game, I traded it back in. Going to go a new route for a bit. Maybe when DLC is released i’ll buy it again and go for round 20 with him.

Hah! Been there many times. No judgement from me. Seriously died 100 times (not kidding) to the hands of Owl Father at Hirata Estate. I had a buddy of mine beat him for me. I just couldn't do it. The cheeses for the final boss look easy, but I'm sure once I go and try it myself it will be a completely different story.

I don't blame you, though. I have said many times I was done with the game. I bought it on Steam so I can return it lol.

Hah! Been there many times. No judgement from me. Seriously died 100 times (not kidding) to the hands of Owl Father at Hirata Estate. I had a buddy of mine beat him for me. I just couldn't do it. The cheeses for the final boss look easy, but I'm sure once I go and try it myself it will be a completely different story.

I don't blame you, though. I have said many times I was done with the game. I bought it on Steam so I can return it lol.

How you faring with the FOUR final bosses?

How you faring with the FOUR final bosses?

I beat him last night. Genichiro is really easy just parry his attacks and you get him in ~30 seconds. Isshin's first phase I just ran away and hit him once whenever a clearing came available. Second phase I used the loaded umbrella and the skill art that let me attack using the umbrellas power. Did the same for the 3rd phase while also using the tanto ceremonial blade to give me more emblems.

Reactions: Rifleman
I beat him last night. Genichiro is really easy just parry his attacks and you get him in ~30 seconds. Isshin's first phase I just ran away and hit him once whenever a clearing came available. Second phase I used the loaded umbrella and the skill art that let me attack using the umbrellas power. Did the same for the 3rd phase while also using the tanto ceremonial blade to give me more emblems.

I hate you

Replaying this since there still isn’t much coming out on PS5 in the coming months.

It’s also bothered me that I never beat the final boss, I caved and traded it back in. Going all the way this time.

Man this game is a masterpiece.

Replaying this since there still isn’t much coming out on PS5 in the coming months.

It’s also bothered me that I never beat the final boss, I caved and traded it back in. Going all the way this time.

Man this game is a masterpiece.
I actually found the Owl Father #2 being the hardest boss in the game. I never beat him, but my buddy did for me lol

I actually found the Owl Father #2 being the hardest boss in the game. I never beat him, but my buddy did for me lol

Wheeeew I finally did it. Once I realized how to beat the final boss (all FOUR phases… ridiculous), it really was pretty manageable.

The first time I played through the game I went into the final boss fight without the loaded umbrella, hadn’t unlocked it in the skill tree. This time I had it, got him on the 3rd try.

Wheeeew I finally did it. Once I realized how to beat the final boss (all FOUR phases… ridiculous), it really was pretty manageable.

The first time I played through the game I went into the final boss fight without the loaded umbrella, hadn’t unlocked it in the skill tree. This time I had it, got him on the 3rd try.
Yep, same. That game was really good and sad to hear they were not going to bring out DLC for it. But I also felt way more satisfied and accomplished after beating that game. That game was tough! Some friends who love the Souls series say this game is top 2 hardest (if not the hardest) they have played from Hidetaka.

Jumped in to play this once more feeling all cocky after beating Elden Ring. Things were a laugh riot for awhile. I cut through samurai and night jar ninjas like hot butter.

Then I hit Lady Butterfly. Beat her, but after so many attempts that everyone in the Greater Ashina area appears to be afflicted with Dragonrot now.

Their coughs are a humbling reminder of just how tough this game is if your timings get a little wobbly. Yikes!

Last edited:
Jumped in to play this once more feeling all cocky after beating Elden Ring. Things were a laugh riot for awhile. I cut through samurai and night jar ninjas like hot butter.

Then I hit Lady Butterfly. Beat her, but after so many attempts that everyone in the Greater Ashina area appears to be afflicted with Dragonrot now.

Their coughs are a humbling reminder of just how tough this game is if your timings get a little wobbly. Yikes!

If you plan to beat it, don’t go into the final boss fight without the loaded umbrella. The whole game will have been a waste of time.

If you plan to beat it, don’t go into the final boss fight without the loaded umbrella. The whole game will have been a waste of time.

I just fought the armored knight you kick out of the shrine and over the cliff last night. Loaded umbrella made him fairly straightforward. Beams saved him from going over several times but I finally got his flight booked. His dying scream is both hilarious and sad. I assume it is his son's name he yells as he falls.

And I finally unlocked all the skills for the platinum trophy. Didn’t think I would be able to but NG+++ drops pretty crazy xp if you can get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Never had the patience for multiple playthroughs of the same game unfortunately.

Once I watched a Sekiro speed run and realized how fast you can sprint through by going boss to boss, it was pretty fun to play that way since the boss fights are so good.

There are definitely some games where my completionism feels like a mental health disorder, though.

VN Store

Back