Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Time to buy it, then.

How many gigantic bosses are in it? I do so poorly against them in the Dark Souls games (Midir and Demon in Pain/Demon From Below took me probably 40 tries combined) while humanoid bosses were always easy for me. Got Sir Alonne, Gael, and Soul of Cinder on my first tries.

Out of the 5 main bosses I have faced 3 were human-sized (although one really wasn't a traditional fight). Out of the ~15 mini bosses I have faced only 1 was a large character.

Reactions: Aesius
Out of the 5 main bosses I have faced 3 were human-sized (although one really wasn't a traditional fight). Out of the ~15 mini bosses I have faced only 1 was a large character.

Really intrigued by this game. After Dark Souls 1, none of the Soulsborne games were overly challenging to me outside of a select few bosses. Sounds like this turns the formula on its head and even veterans are struggling.

Beat the Guardian Ape tonight finally.

That was one of those moments where you jump up and yell at the screen when you finally win it.

Really intrigued by this game. After Dark Souls 1, none of the Soulsborne games were overly challenging to me outside of a select few bosses. Sounds like this turns the formula on its head and even veterans are struggling.

I have 3 friends who are very seasoned Soulsbourne players. All 3 are having a difficult time with this game. One is already at the final boss and he can't beat it.

Let me know if you get it.

I beat the Guardian Ape last night (Tuesday night). That fight was soooo annoying but once you figure out the move set it's so much more easy. I ran around so much lol.

Tonight I beat a main boss and like 4-5 minibosses. Just a heads up, the 2nd upgrade for the umbrella where you can block apparition-type enemies attacks came in handy many times tonight.

Wow.....about the biggest cheese I've heard.

BTW, where are you at?

Fighting the Great Shinobi Owl. I’m making him way more difficult than he should be. On my second time I had him one hit away from victory and he killed me. Now I’ve gone about 6 more times and can’t beat him.

How are you doing so well against him? I have tried 10-15 times and can't do more than a quarter damage to his health.

How are you doing so well against him? I have tried 10-15 times and can't do more than a quarter damage to his health.

Whirlwind slash. Run in constant circles and stay far away. The are several moves he does that he leaves himself exposed after, whirlwind slash and then go back to running in circles.

The problem with this technique is he has kind of a side-step and slash move that is almost impossible to completely avoid, so you need to be ready to block it.

Otherwise run in giant circles, wait for him to miss with an attack, whirlwind slash, rinse, repeat.

Whirlwind slash. Run in constant circles and stay far away. The are several moves he does that he leaves himself exposed after, whirlwind slash and then go back to running in circles.

The problem with this technique is he has kind of a side-step and slash move that is almost impossible to completely avoid, so you need to be ready to block it.

Otherwise run in giant circles, wait for him to miss with an attack, whirlwind slash, rinse, repeat.

Yeah this is what I have been doing. But, like you said, that step and slash move of his where he goes forward really quickly hits me like 80% of the time. I've learned to try and dodge by going under his slash, but sometimes that still hits. He hits really hard. I got him down to almost one deathblow, but nowhere close since then.

Yeah this is what I have been doing. But, like you said, that step and slash move of his where he goes forward really quickly hits me like 80% of the time. I've learned to try and dodge by going under his slash, but sometimes that still hits. He hits really hard. I got him down to almost one deathblow, but nowhere close since then.

(I though I posted this earlier but i guess it failed to post)

Seriously. Block it, trying to avoid that move is futile. Stay patient and keep running in circles and hitting when you have an opening, but if you get ANY indication that he may be about to do the step slash move, stop running and block. Then continue your run around strategy.

If you block the wrong attack, no big deal. Better than getting hit.

(I though I posted this earlier but i guess it failed to post)

Seriously. Block it, trying to avoid that move is futile. Stay patient and keep running in circles and hitting when you have an opening, but if you get ANY indication that he may be about to do the step slash move, stop running and block. Then continue your run around strategy.

If you block the wrong attack, no big deal. Better than getting hit.

I'll try this out when I get home. I have been trying to block it, but I need to do it differently and stop running before trying to block. I will try to block while running and my character doesn't try to block it.

I didn't play any this weekend so tonight is the night (hopefully).

I'll try this out when I get home. I have been trying to block it, but I need to do it differently and stop running before trying to block. I will try to block while running and my character doesn't try to block it.

I didn't play any this weekend so tonight is the night (hopefully).

You got this. Be patient. When I finally settled down and used the “block his side step” technique I first time’d him with several health gourds left. Just don’t take any risks. The fight will take a while this way, but if you only attack him when you’re absolutely sure it’s there you will beat him.

I’m so far behind.. i spent 3 hours trying to beat ashina of the seven spears mini boss yesterday..

You got this. Be patient. When I finally settled down and used the “block his side step” technique I first time’d him with several health gourds left. Just don’t take any risks. The fight will take a while this way, but if you only attack him when you’re absolutely sure it’s there you will beat him.

I beat him tonight. I just let out a big sigh when I did. Now I'm back at Hirata Estate. Are you there?

I’m so far behind.. i spent 3 hours trying to beat ashina of the seven spears mini boss yesterday..

I remember that guy. Yeah, he is tough at that time in the game. Unfortunately I can't remember what to do with him haha. Let me see if I can remember.

Edit:. Okay, now I remember. Get the first deathblow by sneaking up behind him from the house. Then, just stay close to him and keep double jumping off of him. This stuns him enough to swing your sword a couple times. Then, immediately double jumping off him again. Again again again until his posture increases high enough for the second deathblow. He is too slow to attack back usually. Except for his twirling the spear around his head attack.

Last edited:
I had him all the way down to a tiny sliver of health and then died lol. I was so mad. I will try that next.

Yeah I'm figuring it will be a very tough place. Did you do the same thing with The Owl Part 2? I'm going to give him a few more tries. Those dumb pillars keep getting in my way lol. If I don't do well tonight I may just move on for a while to the next area.

Yeah I'm figuring it will be a very tough place. Did you do the same thing with The Owl Part 2? I'm going to give him a few more tries. Those dumb pillars keep getting in my way lol. If I don't do well tonight I may just move on for a while to the next area.

I didn’t even know there was a part 2, where is he?

VN Store

Back