Seeing a lot of signs Venables is OU’s man

This is some real whiny **** from someone who’s probably still on their parents health insurance.

USC’s AD’s job is to hire the best candidate they can find—one that will help them restore the football program to glory.

This is the real world, pal. There is no “finders keepers.”

Dude, you got issues. Even Oklahoma fans agree. Watch this video for details. It is Kiffin part II but with a different program:

I can almost guarantee you I make more $$$ than you.

nm

One story today from the Oklahoman had Venables and Shane Beemer as options.

Beemer would be simply hilarious. I know it would suck (for SC) however seeing a conference foe suffer the same pain as us would make my Christmas just a bit brighter.

Reactions: VAVol85
Venerables probably would be a great pickup for Oklahoma. I am surprised he hasn't landed anywhere yet.

He’s paid $2 mil+ and doesn’t like the pressure of a head coach. That would scare me off immediately. A head coach has to walk in a crowded high school gym and they stop play until he sits down.

If Bob Stoops is stepping in he will for sure bring in Mark from UK. Then UK will be back to normal 😂

Could all be fake news or smoke. But if it’s not it’s great for us. We can relax and I think Clemson would fall of their perch without a defensive mastermind or a generational QB. Figured we could dwell on a positive rumor instead of tearing our hair out in anxiety as I’ve been doing for some time now

Clemson has won at least 10 games every year since 2010. And even in their "down year" they are 9-3 and played UGA better than anyone else did.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Clemson has won at least 10 games every year since 2010. And even in their "down year" they are 9-3 and played UGA better than anyone else did.
I’m hoping all I read wasn’t smoke. I want this damned thing to be done with so we can relax

Bill Belichek says hello too.

Saban and Bellicheat were HCs when they were hired at their current teams. They were DCs when they were hired as HCs at lesser teams/ schools. I think the comment was made about hiring DCs at big name/ destination schools. I guess Kirby and Bob Stoops would defeat that theory though.
Stoops was a DC before OK right?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I have a hard time believing it’s Venables. He’s said before he didn’t want to be a head coach.. could’ve been he was just waiting for the right opportunity, but some guys just don’t want to be the head guy.

Saban and Bellicheat were HCs when they were hired at their current teams. They were DCs when they were hired as HCs at lesser teams/ schools. I think the comment was made about hiring DCs at big name/ destination schools. I guess Kirby and Bob Stoops would defeat that theory though.
Stoops was a DC before OK right?
Yes he was DC at Florida.

One story today from the Oklahoman had Venables and Shane Beemer as options.

Beemer would be simply hilarious. I know it would suck (for SC) however seeing a conference foe suffer the same pain as us would make my Christmas just a bit brighter.
Would be interesting to see what Beemer could do with some talent. His problem might be recruiting so we may never know how good be can be.

Reactions: JoAllan
No one said defense first until you. I was replying to a thread that said "offense rules in today's game". If that were true then UT, Ole Miss, Pitt. Virginia, WF would be in contention for a NC.
I think it is pretty safe to say that the O's have led the last several NC's.

Seems like most of the top “names” are no longer possibilities.

With USC getting Riley, Florida getting their guy, several guys already signed extensions…….then you gots Fickell in their championship game and possibly in the playoffs.

LSU may be screwed…….if Oklahoma doesn’t get Venables or keep the old but better Stoops………they may be screwed as well.
LSU hiring Brian Kelly supposedly

I have a hard time believing it’s Venables. He’s said before he didn’t want to be a head coach.. could’ve been he was just waiting for the right opportunity, but some guys just don’t want to be the head guy.
Money has funny way of changing people's minds.

“I could tell you the response has been remarkable,” said OU Athletics Director Joe Castiglione. “And I mentioned it earlier that people are reaching out that some people would never believe would have interest in it and that’s Oklahoma for you.”

That quote from their AD and if Venables is the man. Hahaha

VN Store

Back