Seeing a lot of signs Venables is OU’s man

lukeneyland

God Save the Heup
Could all be fake news or smoke. But if it’s not it’s great for us. We can relax and I think Clemson would fall of their perch without a defensive mastermind or a generational QB. Figured we could dwell on a positive rumor instead of tearing our hair out in anxiety as I’ve been doing for some time now

Could all be fake news or smoke. But if it’s not it’s great for us. We can relax and I think Clemson would fall of their perch without a defensive mastermind or a generational QB. Figured we could dwell on a positive rumor instead of tearing our hair out in anxiety as I’ve been doing for some time now
This would be great news. Would be even better if he took Jeff Lebby along with him as the OC.

Seems like most of the top “names” are no longer possibilities.

With USC getting Riley, Florida getting their guy, several guys already signed extensions…….then you gots Fickell in their championship game and possibly in the playoffs.

LSU may be screwed…….if Oklahoma doesn’t get Venables or keep the old but better Stoops………they may be screwed as well.

This would be great news. Would be even better if he took Jeff Lebby along with him as the OC.
Great news on multiple fronts...quiets the "Heupel to OU" story and would be a very, very negative development for Clemson. Clemson's emergence over the last several years is an under the radar, overlooked thorn in our side as far as recruiting.

With USC getting Riley, Florida getting their guy, several guys already signed extensions…….then you gots Fickell in their championship game and possibly in the playoffs.

LSU may be screwed…….if Oklahoma doesn’t get Venables or keep the old but better Stoops………they may be screwed as well.

LSU is screwed, period. I think CBN was to be their main target and UF got him first . . . If OU gets CBV LSU will be in much worse shape than they are right now. Plus, I do not believe that CMC from the Ducks is interested in coming to the south, much less the SEC.

This leaves Fickell and a few other lower tier coaches to choose from.

LSU is screwed, blued and tattooed . . . and ole Ed walks off into the sunset, or on to the beaches, with about $17M in the bank.

GBO

LSU is screwed, period. I think CBN was to be their main target and UF got him first . . . If OU gets CBV LSU will be in much worse shape than they are right now. Plus, I do not believe that CMC from the Ducks is interested in coming to the south, much less the SEC.

LSU is screwed, blued and tattooed . . . and ole Ed walks off into the sunset, or on to the beaches, with about $17M in the bank.

GBO
Nah... they'll announce Aranda after the Big 12 Championship Game.

Reactions: St. JohnVolCactus
venable has been waiting... very patiently. Now is his time. He deserves a look. They need new coaching blood, IDK why not.
He apparently didn’t want OUR job when it was open. (Was it ever confirmed that Fulmer reached out to him)?

Great news on multiple fronts...quiets the "Heupel to OU" story and would be a very, very negative development for Clemson. Clemson's emergence over the last several years is an under the radar, overlooked thorn in our side as far as recruiting.
Completely agree. Nobody has capitalized more from our demise than Clemson. They pretty much became us. They filled the vacuum that we left.

GBO
Oh let’s have some fun here…..how about Les Miles back to LSU? 😂😂😂
Or in the shocker of the Millennium “Nick Saban to mend fences and return to Baton Rouge”
😉

Venables to OU makes a ton of sense - he got beat up a lot at Clemson this year...the defense got more than it's fair share of the blame for the offensive woes. Leads me to believe that Swinney might be a tad more loyal to the OC (Elliot) than Venables. Not sure how it will work out though as far as contacts, recruiting, and what kind of staff he could bring to Norman.

Also, Aranda to LSU is a great fit too.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Honestly... I haven't thought of OU as a threat for Heupel. Most of the folks involved in firing him are still there. They wouldn't want to eat crow. He is probably wary of working with them again.

Also... Norman isn't any easier to recruit to than Knoxville. They're about to be just another fish in the pond instead of one of two bass in a fish tank full of guppies. My guess is that had something to do with Riley's departure.

If Heupel were to leave UT IMO it will be for a job where it is easier to recruit with all else being equal.

VN Store

Back