SEC votes unanimously to allow Texas and OU in

HORRIBLE decision, IMHO!! Should have at least been 2 teams from the southeast... pick 2, any 2. FSU, UNC ,CU, NCST, UM, WVU, etc.

Hasn’t been the “SEC” since Arkansas arrived. Mizzou and TXAM sealed it. This is just more of the same. Screw tradition, history, geography, and common sense. It’s all about the money.

Just like the NIL eventually will, the unchecked pursuit of money will/has ruined what used to be a very enjoyable pastime.

If CJH end up being the real deal for us, this OU to the SEC deal could backfire. He may want to go back to OU. Tennessee wouldn’t have the “but we are in the SEC” card to play anymore.

Of course it’s about money. So, I’m going to pick the superior product and the one that actually doesn’t disguise their being “professional.”

If you erase the things that appeal about college football, then why watch it? You think this next generation is going to care in 25 years? Nope. Not like we did.

The next generation never does...ask.my dad...and his dad...and his dad...

Texas will ruin the SEC just like they did the SWC and Big 12 just watch. The only good thing about it is they might speed up Saban’s retirement but seriously this was a bad move by Sankey to bring them in and he will regret it and it’s not like the SEC needed them actually Texas would be better served as a independent.
Okay you're just making statements with no real explanation.

How could one school ruin the most dominant conference in college football history?

Alabama, Florida, OU, Tennessee, Texas, LSU, and Auburn have 2 things in common.

1) They all have won a National Championship within the past 25 years.

2) They're all the same conference now!

The SEC is bigger than Texas. The Big 12 was not...

There is so much change happening to college football all at once. I’m just not sure most fans are going to like to end result, which I believe will show to be those teams that are good now, will be in perpetuity.
True. Tennessee has a lot going for them as well, if they can just get out of their own way. Unfortunately we’ve shown we are the most incompetent program in all of college football.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Texas will ruin the SEC just like they did the SWC and Big 12 just watch. The only good thing about it is they might speed up Saban’s retirement but seriously this was a bad move by Sankey to bring them in and he will regret it and it’s not like the SEC needed them actually Texas would be better served as a independent.
If they needed to give the country an enema, they’d stick it in Texas.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

VN Store

Back