SEC votes unanimously to allow Texas and OU in

Is this for certain??

Nothing is for certain but it makes the most sense. I don't think either Alabama or Auburn would agree to being split up into separate divisions. Plus geographically it just makes more sense to put Mizzou in the west, as they are closer to those opponents than they are most of the East opponents. I really do hope this happens for no other reason than 1.) We get to play Auburn every year again and 2.) Georgia and Florida have to play Alabama every year just like we do.

Now the east will be the stronger division.

If Texas can get rolling again with Sark, it'll be close. LSU will always be strong. Oklahoma is a top program. A&M looks to finally have it rolling with Jimbo. Maybe Kiffin can get it rolling with Ole Miss. Who knows what it might look like in 3-4 years.

From a branding standpoint the name Southeastern Conference is HUGE. It makes no sense from a geographical perspective to be called the SEC. Hence..... if branding wasn't an issue and the conference decided it should change its name....

What would that name be for the new Mega Conference ??
Super Elite Conference or SEC...oh wait

Nothing is for certain but it makes the most sense. I don't think either Alabama or Auburn would agree to being split up into separate divisions. Plus geographically it just makes more sense to put Mizzou in the west, as they are closer to those opponents than they are most of the East opponents. I really do hope this happens for no other reason than 1.) We get to play Auburn every year again and 2.) Georgia and Florida have to play Alabama every year just like we do.

I am in my 80th year. I have lived through the entire golden era of Sooner Football ( although the '90's were tough to take ). I am a season ticket holder in Norman. Friends and I rented a houseboat for the game in Knoxville. Of course we won't be as dominant in the SEC as we have been in the Big 12. Doesn't matter...it's all about the competition. We will be good for the SEC and the SEC will be good for OU. Oh, and there are 2 general opinions on when the modern era of college football started...1936 when the AP poll began and 1945 at the end of WW2.

I am in my 80th year. I have lived through the entire golden era of Sooner Football ( although the '90's were tough to take ). I am a season ticket holder in Norman. Friends and I rented a houseboat for the game in Knoxville. Of course we won't be as dominant in the SEC as we have been in the Big 12. Doesn't matter...it's all about the competition. We will be good for the SEC and the SEC will be good for OU. Oh, and there are 2 general opinions on when the modern era of college football started...1936 when the AP poll began and 1945 at the end of WW2.
. Get out of here poser

Reactions: tobybeast
I would argue that the modern era began sooner, with universal integration in 1972.
You could make that argument and not be wrong, but most people in college athletics define the modern era as starting with the negotiation of media rights contracts en masse

Uh, you can’t be serious?

But that so die proving my point.
How does this prove anything other than coaches were getting rich and sports were a business in the time you said they weren't? The only pageantry that ever existed is in your head...

I wonder if Mike Gundy wishes he had been more serious about the Tennessee offer. Of course he'll soon be in a position to dominate the little eight or whatever they choose to call it.

Texas will ruin the SEC just like they did the SWC and Big 12 just watch. The only good thing about it is they might speed up Saban’s retirement but seriously this was a bad move by Sankey to bring them in and he will regret it and it’s not like the SEC needed them actually Texas would be better served as a independent.

Which isnt about money....?
Of course it’s about money. So, I’m going to pick the superior product and the one that actually doesn’t disguise their being “professional.”

If you erase the things that appeal about college football, then why watch it? You think this next generation is going to care in 25 years? Nope. Not like we did.

Texas will ruin the SEC just like they did the SWC and Big 12 just watch. The only good thing about it is they might speed up Saban’s retirement but seriously this was a bad move by Sankey to bring them in and he will regret it and it’s not like the SEC needed them actually Texas would be better served as a independent.

Texas and their drama won't fly in this conference. If they try they'll be out as quick as they got in. They'll fall in line.

There is so much change happening to college football all at once. I’m just not sure most fans are going to like to end result, which I believe will show to be those teams that are good now, will be in perpetuity.

Agree. The SEC is totally diluting their brand. 'Its just means more'. It means nothing when you let all of these teams in that aren't regionally connected.

VN Store

Back