SEC votes unanimously to allow Texas and OU in

There is so much change happening to college football all at once. I’m just not sure most fans are going to like to end result, which I believe will show to be those teams that are good now, will be in perpetuity.
I would like the SEC to go back to 12 teams and I would also like to bring back the BCS and not pay players. I also want To add 9k seats to Neyland.

Uh, you can’t be serious?

But that so die proving my point.

First off:
Johnny should have gotten the raise he wanted back then. He already built what Fulmer took over.

I understand what you mean about the current HC pay scale, lol just wish UT would have stepped up to the plate after Kiffin blew Dodge.

Our program's commitment has been a joke starting with the Dooley hire????

I don't understand anyone thinking that Texas is not in the same shape we are. They have many of the same issues and there is no guarantee that there problems are any more fixed than ours. Only time will tell.

Bet Texas will drag us down the field.

It's a big-time conference money move, but it's going to be cool to see OU, Arkansas, Texas, and T-A&M back with their old rivals.

Im sure there going to dump texas in the west so no complation for red team ...put Oklahoma in east to keep beefing it up making them knock each other out

There is so much change happening to college football all at once. I’m just not sure most fans are going to like to end result, which I believe will show to be those teams that are good now, will be in perpetuity.
This is a fact. Unless college football comes up with the will and a legal way to handicap the currently dominant teams like nfl does with salary cap and draft picks, it is going to be tough to unseat them.

If Texas and OU aren’t going to pony up to get out of the contract I doubt the others will. Unless, the penalty lessens each passing year.

According to the rumor mill on sports radio in the OKC market, the Longhorn Network will be no more as ESPN will buy them out at $150 million. Texas has agreed to take the money and pay for both theirs and OU’s buyout from the Big 12, which is supposedly around that amount.

First off:
Johnny should have gotten the raise he wanted back then. He already built what Fulmer took over.

I understand what you mean about the current HC pay scale, lol just wish UT would have stepped up to the plate after Kiffin blew Dodge.

Our program's commitment has been a joke starting with the Dooley hire????[/QUOTE
Lots of rabbit trails here. No desire to rehash the Fulmer/ Majors thing. I’m a Majors guy at heart.

They didn’t even have to go that high. Gary Patterson would have taken the job when Kiffin was hired. Kiffin’s timing left them with few options. After Dooley, they rolled out the Bronx truck for several candidates and got them all raises. It has a lot less with how much they are willing to pay and who is making decisions.

Bball, that was a different story. Barnes would have come here form Clemson, but UTs offer was insulting.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
Awesome!

SEC West
Arkansas
Alabama
LSU
Miss State
Ole Miss
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M

SEC East
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Mizzou
South Carolina
TENNESSEE
Vanderbilt

I like it!

Lololololol you must not be very good at research. The "modern-era" of college football started in 1984, and that's when coaches at major D1 schools earned an average of seven figures or more because that is when conferences started to negotiate tv contracts. So unless you were a fan in the 60's or 70's then you are sadly mistaken about it not being a business and it being about the "pageantry and developing young men." Again, unless you're a boomer, then its only been about pageantry and tradition to the fans. To everyone else involved it's a business.
I would argue that the modern era began sooner, with universal integration in 1972.

I would like the SEC to go back to 12 teams and I would also like to bring back the BCS and not pay players. I also want To add 9k seats to Neyland.

I would like to go back to the days of Neyland. If you are gonna live in the past, go all out.

I’m mad about Texas especially. Now even more brand confusion - UT and orange. I believe there was a negotiated legal term with Texas and Tennessee about either the power T or UT logo. Used to be something about we could use it east of the Mississippi and they could use it west. With one conference, that won’t work. Make Texas stop using the power T.

Awesome!

SEC West
Arkansas
Alabama
LSU
Miss State
Ole Miss
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M

SEC East
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Mizzou
South Carolina
TENNESSEE
Vanderbilt

I like it!

Alabama will come too the east to and Mizzou will move to the west. Don't really make sense to keep Mizzou in the East now that you can balance them out in the West

Last edited:
Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Alabama will come too he east to and Mizzou will move to the west. Don't really make sense to keep Mizzou in the East now that you can balance them out in the West
Is this for certain??

From a branding standpoint the name Southeastern Conference is HUGE. It makes no sense from a geographical perspective to be called the SEC. Hence..... if branding wasn't an issue and the conference decided it should change its name....

What would that name be for the new Mega Conference ??

I don't understand anyone thinking that Texas is not in the same shape we are. They have many of the same issues and there is no guarantee that there problems are any more fixed than ours. Only time will tell.

I would say their roster top to bottom is in way better shape than ours. I think Sark will have a much easier go of it starting out than Huepel will just based on raw talent.

From a branding standpoint the name Southeastern Conference is HUGE. It makes no sense from a geographical perspective to be called the SEC. Hence..... if branding wasn't an issue and the conference decided it should change its name....

What would that name be for the new Mega Conference ??

I would brand it the SSC (Super Southern Conference).

Reactions: Kngsport VFL

VN Store

Back