SEC Today

Not looking good for Miss St down by 11 at halftime Texas A&M shooting 57 percent

Really impressed with how A&M is playing. Their defense is tough and they have adapted well without Carter offensively. I think her extended absence likely makes they even better when she returns.

I knew we could not hang in with USC and Miss. St. but I am starting to wonder about TA&M and Arkansas! We could end up out of the top four come tournament time ? There goes the double bye and rankings for the NCAA tournament....🤔

Texas A&m got blitzed just like we did by 22 points in the second half. They forced A&M into several turnovers and also the 57 percent they shot in the first half fell apart.

No secret that the key to winning against Arkansas is defending the 3 ball. They also run the ball and shoot within the first 10 seconds.

Arkansas not very well coach not to take the last shot in both the first and second quarter gave away some points by not doing that.

Tennessee better be guarding that 3-pt line like their life depends on it, because Arkansas can really shoot it from deep. If those 3 Arky guards are on, it will be a looong night.

Tennessee needs a point guard like Patterson from Kentucky, but Arkansas is just on fire from the three.

They played a perfect offensive game today their best performance of the season 14 of 21 from the three and 19 of 22 from the line that is awesome.

Reactions: stllvf
Four and one 58 and 14

Missouri at LSU Going to pick LSU really believing that Missouri can win and I hope they do. LSU 58 Missouri 56

They played a perfect offensive game today their best performance of the season 14 of 21 from the three and 19 of 22 from the line that is awesome.
No kidding perfect. I sure hope they got that out of their system. Ya'll remember an LV game with offense like that? Me neither but hopefully someday. Soon.

What a fun game to watch. One thing I noticed was how many players on both teams are transfers, some multiple times. Welcome to the new reality, and the new recruiting avenue I guess.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Miss State Espinoza-Hunter,Andra ave 22 Minutes a game last year this year 12.8 and only started 3 games what happen ?

One reason AEH minutes are reduced is Bibby is back from her injury. Secondly, the three point shooting accuracy is off this year.

Miss State Espinoza-Hunter,Andra ave 22 Minutes a game last year this year 12.8 and only started 3 games what happen ?

Better options at her position is my guess. If Danberry hadn't come back, I thought AEH would have been pencilled in as a starter. As it stands, Danberry and Jackson have led the team in scoring from the wing and play a lot of minutes, and freshman Matharu is athletic, a better defender, and can score in different ways compared to AEH who is kind of one-dimensional. I think Vic just has better options at the wing, and that leaves AEH on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Rixxx
59 and 14 as I decided to pick LSU over Missouri although watched the game and was pulling hard for Missouri to win. The game came down to offensive rebounding as LSU beat them dramatically by getting rebounds after misses and also getting fouled and getting to the line. 11 more shots and double digit more free throws gave LSU the eight point win. Tied after three quarters Missouri had led much of the previous part of the game. To beat them you have to keep them off the offensive boards and give them just one shot at the basket per possession.

Thursday's Games

Tennessee at LSU We have the talent advantage and size advantage to keep them off the offensive boards. They play solid defense and expect this to be a low scoring game. I hope we play one of our best games of the year the week off should've been good for the team. Tennessee 68 LSU 58

Ole Miss at Florida I still don't see Ole Miss winning even one game this season. Florida has played a lot better here lately. Florida 70 Ole Miss 52

Auburn at South Carolina Nothing to see here except Auburn getting mashed South Carolina 90 Auburn 50

Vanderbilt at Texas A&M another mismatch A&M should easily throttle Vandy Texas A&M 75 Vanderbilt 58

That is it for this Thursday only four games. Hopefully Lady Vols win tonight.

Reactions: krichunaka
Better options at her position is my guess. If Danberry hadn't come back, I thought AEH would have been pencilled in as a starter. As it stands, Danberry and Jackson have led the team in scoring from the wing and play a lot of minutes, and freshman Matharu is athletic, a better defender, and can score in different ways compared to AEH who is kind of one-dimensional. I think Vic just has better options at the wing, and that leaves AEH on the outside looking in.

I agree Espinoza-Hunter has a problem creating her own shot.

Does anyone feel that Carter will play tonight vs Vandy? Whenever she gets back, she probably will be off a bit, but still effective. They probably have gained some valuable experience with her being out. If she comes back full strength, they could make a decent run in the NCAA.

aTm is better with a healthy Carter...no question. how long it takes Carter to get back close to 100% is unknown, but players like her take less time. they could make noise still, probably in ncaa tourney if given a decent bracket. We have to wait and see how fast her full game comes back before the SEC tourney but I could see them challenging for the finals there if Carter is back soon. Right now, its MSU and SC minus any upsets.

aTm is better with a healthy Carter...no question. how long it takes Carter to get back close to 100% is unknown, but players like her take less time. they could make noise still, probably in ncaa tourney if given a decent bracket. We have to wait and see how fast her full game comes back before the SEC tourney but I could see them challenging for the finals there if Carter is back soon.

If the following bracket were to hold....aTm would get beat by Baylor quickly, but I don't think the bracket holds...

Bracketology with Charlie Creme

These last six conference games decides everyone fate going to be a lot of moving around in the bracket the next few weeks.

VN Store

Back