SEC Today

florida opened 14-1against Arkansas and held on at Florida. The Alabama coach was talking about her win in a season where many crazy things have happened to them and others. the
alabama tipin, who streaked in jumped as the ball rebounded off the glass and -it went in. reminded me of the tipin against LSU , the only two points that the LV player had on the way to their last national championship. remember that player?

florida opened 14-1against Arkansas and held on at Florida. The Alabama coach was talking about her win in a season where many crazy things have happened to them and others. the
alabama tipin, who streaked in jumped as the ball rebounded off the glass and -it went in. reminded me of the tipin against LSU , the only two points that the LV player had on the way to their last national championship. remember that player?
Hornbuckle

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We want get a bye though all of them except LSU has the tiebreaker on us but still would be nice to tie for fourth.

The fifth and sixth positions are important too. You get a more favorable seeding, and you play a team in your first game that had just played a game the day before. That makes our losses to Ky and LSU even more regrettable.

Let's hear it for Kristy Curry! No? I know she's not a fave, but she has drug Bama out of the absolute cellar and has had some big wins the last couple of years.

What about Vic? You could sort of see this coming, Auburn took State to OT the other day. Bet Vic gets it figured out by SEC tourney time. I hope so, I don't want it to be a South Carolina coronation.

I’m really looking forward to the SEC tournament. If the Lady Vols can finish out these next two games they will still be in decent position. Far better than last season anyhow.

I believe we are going to see some upsets in the SEC tournament. As this time of year comes around you see defenses tighten up, games get more physical and scores are lower. I like our chances in lower scoring games, they might be close, but this team has the fight to come out on top. As long as we can keep ourselves in games we have just as much chance of making the finals as any other team aside from S.C. IMO.

I don’t foresee S.C. having much trouble on the way to the championship game. I do feel that teams 2 through 7 could all knock any of the others off on any given night.

As we saw yesterday, teams like Alabama (7) and Georgia (8) aren’t just laying down either.

I also believe we have a coach who LOVES tournament time! I hope to see some of her fight and passion reflected in the team’s postseason play. Survive and advance, that’s all you’ve got to do!

The fifth and sixth positions are important too. You get a more favorable seeding, and you play a team in your first game that had just played a game the day before. That makes our losses to Ky and LSU even more regrettable.
I think I'd like to be in a position to play Mississippi State if I could get to that final round. They look vulnerable and don't know if we'd beat them if Davis had been able to play that game, but would like another shot at them. I agree 5 or 6 gets you one of the bottom feeders for the first round.

I think I'd like to be in a position to play Mississippi State if I could get to that final round. They look vulnerable and don't know if we'd beat them if Davis had been able to play that game, but would like another shot at them. I agree 5 or 6 gets you one of the bottom feeders for the first round.

I agree, that’s one I really want back. I’m certain Rennia wants that game back as well. That was a gut punch to our season when she couldn’t play that night. I felt like that was our best chance at a statement win and it would have had a positive impact on the next two games.

As we saw last night, they can be exposed. Alabama was a tough matchup for them as they have veteran guard play and good size in the post. MSST is also reliant on a freshman (Jackson) having a good game every night.

Last edited:
I agree, that’s one I really want back. I’m certain Rennia wants that game back as well. That was a gut punch to our season when she couldn’t play that night. I felt like that was our best chance at a statement win and it would have had a positive impact on the next two games.

As we saw last night, they can be exposed. Alabama was a tough matchup for them as they have veteran guard play and good size in the post. MSST is also reliant on a freshman (Jackson) having a good game every night.

I also watch that game to Alabama has some mobil and athletic players not all. Like i said before most of the SEC teams even the top teams don`t shoot lights out from deep. They win on lock down defense and there ability to hit tough shots on the offensive end . Also i like what SC did against KY they played a box in one against Howard.

I also watch that game to Alabama has some mobil and athletic players not all. Like i said before most of the SEC teams even the top teams don`t shoot lights out from deep. They win on lock down defense and there ability to hit tough shots on the offensive end . Also i like what SC did against KY they played a box in one against Howard.

I agree, that’s the way to go against Kentucky. Howard is really their only option so she Is going to take a certain number of shots even if they are heavily contested like last night. The ball has to go through her on offense, they have 0 other players who can create their own shot. Especially against a team with size like S.C. She’s still likely to score 20+ no matter what, but if you make her inefficient that takes opportunities away from her teammates.

She was 5-22 from the floor 2-5 from deep but still had 24 points because she was 12-14 from the line. Kentucky can not absorb her shooting that low of a percentage from the floor though. Very similar in the Arkansas game, they made her inefficient at 7-21 and 1-10 from 3. She still had 20 points, but they were much harder to come by.

Patterson had 32 in the Arky game which is why it was even close. I was surprised she didn’t play more last night, she is their second best scoring option without a doubt. Not sure if she was injured or if Mitchell just felt they would be too small with her out there. She only played 8 minutes.

I agree, that’s the way to go against Kentucky. Howard is really their only option so she Is going to take a certain number of shots even if they are heavily contested like last night. The ball has to go through her on offense, they have 0 other players who can create their own shot. Especially against a team with size like S.C. She’s still likely to score 20+ no matter what, but if you make her inefficient that takes opportunities away from her teammates.

She was 5-22 from the floor 2-5 from deep but still had 24 points because she was 12-14 from the line. Kentucky can not absorb her shooting that low of a percentage from the floor though. Very similar in the Arkansas game, they made her inefficient at 7-21 and 1-10 from 3. She still had 20 points, but they were much harder to come by.

Patterson had 32 in the Arky game which is why it was even close. I was surprised she didn’t play more last night, she is their second best scoring option without a doubt. Not sure if she was injured or if Mitchell just felt they would be too small with her out there. She only played 8 minutes.

Also what i like about SC on there roster they have players to match up against other teams at every position.

Reactions: VolBall09

Totally mis-played her when we played them coaching staff should've had a better plan. I think gaining knowledge of player personnel is also a problem for a first year coach. If we have to play them again box in one is the way to go.

Totally mis-played her when we played them coaching staff should've had a better plan. I think gaining knowledge of player personnel is also a problem for a first year coach. If we have to play them again box in one is the way to go.

Assuming that we get that opportunity, who would be the chaser in the box-and-one? Or would we throw a steady assortment of fresh defenders at her?

Assuming that we get that opportunity, who would be the chaser in the box-and-one? Or would we throw a steady assortment of fresh defenders at her?

Rae Burrell would be a great player to tag on her. Rae actually has good foot speed to go along with her size. Her defense has improved immeasurably since last season. She could take turns with Jazz and Jordan for a breather now and then. She’s capable of being a lock down defender if she chooses though.

76 and 22 some big upsets in the SEC this past Sunday. Luckily one of those wasn't Tennessee. We couldn't shoot the ball did everything else very well in the game of course scoring is the most important thing you can do.

Tennessee vs Ole Miss Hopefully we get the offensive game going I have to think we can win by 25 to 30 points. Tennessee 81 Ole Miss 52

Georgia at Kentucky Coming off a big win no one would like to see Georgia win this game more than me. I don't think Kentucky will lose of course sometimes the unexpected happens Kentucky 77 Georgia 65

South Carolina at Florida Florida has a lot of confidence after the big win over Arkansas. Confidence want help them in this game. South Carolina 77 Florida 60

Alabama at Texas A&M Don't usually pull for Bama but will tonight. The problem is A&M has hit a stride are playing at home and playing their best basketball of the year. Texas A&M 78 Alabama 65

Vanderbilt at LSU LSU will be glad to get home and they need a win LSU 67 Vanderbilt 58

Auburn at Missouri Auburn is a different team on the road than at home at least to this point. In these type matchups just go with the home team Missouri 72 Auburn 65

Arkansas at Mississippi State The great thing about this one is someone has to lose. Miss St has been exposed somewhat that if you can stop their high powered freshman you have a big chance to win. Arkansas depends on the three pointer to go in and it didn't at Florida at the high percentage they needed. Miss St 80 Arkansas 77

Would be lovely if we could have a couple more upsets they being Georgia over Kentucky and Alabama over Texas A&M. Of course we have to win and losing would be one of the worst losses ever. As the season comes to a close let us hope we can get the wins we need to advance to the NCAA Tourney.

Look at So Blair Green 6-0 she is a guard that can shoot but only played 2 minutes in the game, Why because it was a match up problem for her.

Purdue doesn't have one quality win and yet their rpi is 40 to our 54. The non conference scheduling by Holly has really pulled the team down because as expected none of these teams were able to win any games. Arkansas Pine Bluff only 4 wins, Air Force 7, ETSU 9 although they would've won more if their top player hadn't been injured. Tennessee State only seven wins. You replace those four teams on the schedule with decent 150 rpi teams and you are around 35 to 40 in the rpi this season and easily in the tourney. I am looking forward to what kind of schedule we have next season. I think Holly was putting to much emphasis on Notre Dame and Texas being top teams this season and that didn't pan out. Look at Mississippi State schedule they didn't play any of the top teams except Stanford and the SEC schedule. He did however schedule a bunch of teams that figured to come in at 100 to 150 in the rpi and as a result of and of course winning those games their rpi is 15. I figure if we had play their non-conference schedule we would've won everyone except Stanford as well and our rpi would be a little higher but still around 30.

76 and 22 some big upsets in the SEC this past Sunday. Luckily one of those wasn't Tennessee. We couldn't shoot the ball did everything else very well in the game of course scoring is the most important thing you can do.

Tennessee vs Ole Miss Hopefully we get the offensive game going I have to think we can win by 25 to 30 points. Tennessee 81 Ole Miss 52

Georgia at Kentucky Coming off a big win no one would like to see Georgia win this game more than me. I don't think Kentucky will lose of course sometimes the unexpected happens Kentucky 77 Georgia 65

South Carolina at Florida Florida has a lot of confidence after the big win over Arkansas. Confidence want help them in this game. South Carolina 77 Florida 60

Alabama at Texas A&M Don't usually pull for Bama but will tonight. The problem is A&M has hit a stride are playing at home and playing their best basketball of the year. Texas A&M 78 Alabama 65

Vanderbilt at LSU LSU will be glad to get home and they need a win LSU 67 Vanderbilt 58

Auburn at Missouri Auburn is a different team on the road than at home at least to this point. In these type matchups just go with the home team Missouri 72 Auburn 65

Arkansas at Mississippi State The great thing about this one is someone has to lose. Miss St has been exposed somewhat that if you can stop their high powered freshman you have a big chance to win. Arkansas depends on the three pointer to go in and it didn't at Florida at the high percentage they needed. Miss St 80 Arkansas 77

Would be lovely if we could have a couple more upsets they being Georgia over Kentucky and Alabama over Texas A&M. Of course we have to win and losing would be one of the worst losses ever. As the season comes to a close let us hope we can get the wins we need to advance to the NCAA Tourney.

Alabama beats Texas A&M!

I’m going to watch that game next. Carter just off on her shooting tonight or was the Bama defense that good?

I believe Carter was 5-20 I believe which is a crazy off night for her. I didn’t see much of the game, but the post game crew mentioned that it was more of her just missing shots

VN Store

Back