SEC Today

Battle For Player of the Year in the SEC

I would assume that Howard has the advantage right now but the stats between her and Davis are very very close and similar

Davis is averaging 24.02 points per forty minutes played while Howard is averaging 30.01 per forty minutes played.
Davis is averaging 11.14 Rebounds per forty minutes played and Howard is averaging 8.1 per forty minutes
Davis is shooting .500 from the field while Howard is shooting.438
Davis is shooting .789 from the free throw line while Howard is shooting .788
Davis points per shot attempt is 1.29 and Howard is also 1.29

So if stats are a measuring stick for who get player of the year then these two players are very close and title should be up for grabs. Carter may be eliminated having to miss over a month of the season and her stats though high in volume are not statistically as efficient at either Davis or Howard. I suspect that media attention will play a huge part and if either player can separate a little further from the other.

Do you have to play in a certain number of games to qualify?

Battle For Player of the Year in the SEC

I would assume that Howard has the advantage right now but the stats between her and Davis are very very close and similar

Davis is averaging 24.02 points per forty minutes played while Howard is averaging 30.01 per forty minutes played.
Davis is averaging 11.14 Rebounds per forty minutes played and Howard is averaging 8.1 per forty minutes
Davis is shooting .500 from the field while Howard is shooting.438
Davis is shooting .789 from the free throw line while Howard is shooting .788
Davis points per shot attempt is 1.29 and Howard is also 1.29

So if stats are a measuring stick for who get player of the year then these two players are very close and title should be up for grabs. Carter may be eliminated having to miss over a month of the season and her stats though high in volume are not statistically as efficient at either Davis or Howard. I suspect that media attention will play a huge part and if either player can separate a little further from the other.
The remaining SEC games will decide who will get Player of the Year honors.

Gotta love the fact that we haven’t had back to back losses all season. Shows that they are willing to come out after a loss and do better.

Hopefully that holds in SEC play, means we would pick up a couple big games even if we lose one or two. I’m still having nightmares of our SEC skid last season. One more win and we match our win total for last season in the SEC. Wild.

Do you have to play in a certain number of games to qualify?
I don't think you do but certainly doesn't help you when you miss 7 or 8 games and especially when your stats are mostly from volume shooting with a lot lower efficiency.

Gotta love the fact that we haven’t had back to back losses all season. Shows that they are willing to come out after a loss and do better.

Hopefully that holds in SEC play, means we would pick up a couple big games even if we lose one or two. I’m still having nightmares of our SEC skid last season. One more win and we match our win total for last season in the SEC. Wild.
I hope that holds but the real test is coming.

UT probably wont lose 2 in a row this year, and definitely wont go on a long skid unlike last season. But this team is not ready maturity wise to do much damage in the tourney, that will have to wait. Learning to decrease turnovers will be a big improvement obviously, and will happen with more experience, but this UT team also needs to learn ball movement and player movement off the ball much better. That is gonna take more chemistry/time together.

Still amazes me UCONN controlled the boards vs UT....UCONN was mostly in a 4G lineup

UT probably wont lose 2 in a row this year, and definitely wont go on a long skid unlike last season. But this team is not ready maturity wise to do much damage in the tourney, that will have to wait. Learning to decrease turnovers will be a big improvement obviously, and will happen with more experience, but this UT team also needs to learn ball movement and player movement off the ball much better. That is gonna take more chemistry/time together.

Still amazes me UCONN controlled the boards vs UT....UCONN was mostly in a 4G lineup
Got controlled on the boards by LSU as well girls aren't boxing out just trying to use height needs to be corrected this week.

Reactions: Bret178

Quickness, boxing out and leaping ability from my observation.

6 and 1 Thursday Alabama sucks except when they play us really played a horrible game against Arkansas guess they were down when they saw only like 50 fans in the stands. So overall now 46 and 10 on the season.

Sunday games

Tennessee at South Carolina hope I miss this one expect it will be closer than people thinks if we bring our A game we could win SC 73 Tennessee 62.

Florida at Kentucky shouldn't be a contest Kentucky 80 Florida 62

Texas A&M at LSU no this is a game and I want LSU to win don't even know if Carter is back or not pick the upset LSU 65 Texas A&M 63

Vanderbilt at Auburn Auburn has been playing better hard game to make a decision take Vandy in this tossup game 69 to 65

Alabama At Ole Miss Bama sucks but not as bad as Ole Miss who may be the worse team in Division one Alabama 75 Ole Miss 49

Arkansas at Missouri Arkansas win again on the road they are starting to make a move Arkansas 80 Missouri 69

Monday

Georgia at Miss St Miss St wins this one and buries Georgia even further from the NCAA Tourney Miss St 73 Georgia 60

6 and 1 Thursday Alabama sucks except when they play us really played a horrible game against Arkansas guess they were down when they saw only like 50 fans in the stands. So overall now 46 and 10 on the season.

Sunday games

Tennessee at South Carolina hope I miss this one expect it will be closer than people thinks if we bring our A game we could win SC 73 Tennessee 62.

Florida at Kentucky shouldn't be a contest Kentucky 80 Florida 62

Texas A&M at LSU no this is a game and I want LSU to win don't even know if Carter is back or not pick the upset LSU 65 Texas A&M 63

Vanderbilt at Auburn Auburn has been playing better hard game to make a decision take Vandy in this tossup game 69 to 65

Alabama At Ole Miss Bama sucks but not as bad as Ole Miss who may be the worse team in Division one Alabama 75 Ole Miss 49

Arkansas at Missouri Arkansas win again on the road they are starting to make a move Arkansas 80 Missouri 69

Monday

Georgia at Miss St Miss St wins this one and buries Georgia even further from the NCAA Tourney Miss St 73 Georgia 60

I think that’s a pretty realistic outlook. I do think Kentucky might stumble against a Florida. Without Howard I suspect some issues offensively for them. Florida is a better team than last season. I still give it to Kentucky but by a much closer margin in the range of 61-57

Reactions: Volfan2012
LSU’s Ayanna Mitchell went down with a possible knee injury. Hope she’s ok. Was very hard to watch.

LSU’s Ayanna Mitchell went down with a possible knee injury. Hope she’s ok. Was very hard to watch.

Man that sucks, she was really playing tough. Hated playing against her but she’s fun to watch otherwise. Reminds me of Anriel Howard.

Missouri up by eight going into 4th quarter. We have been showered with gifts today.

VN Store

Back