SEC Today

Ark was 15-27 threes and similar in 2 points. when a team gets hot like that they can beat anyone.

while Ky shot 25% and lost while LSU had 20 TO to Ky's 10 but shot nearly 50%

Last edited:
Honestly, I would rather have a win against Bama. I believe UConn will get the close calls and convert Tennessee turnovers for an easy win in Storrs.

Same. I can live without the UCONN win. I can’t deal with another loss to Bama lol.

Reactions: alaVOL
Ark was 15-27 threes and similar in 2 points. when a team gets hot like that they can beat anyone.

while Ky shot 25% and lost while LSU had 20 TO to Ky's 10 but shot nearly 50%

Yeah when Arkansas shoots like they did last night it’s over for whoever they are playing. Vandy defense never adjusted though. Arkansas isn’t afraid to shoot the deep ball 2 or 3 feet behind the men’s line. Vandy never stepped out, Tolfree and Ramirez both got several essentially uncontested shots.

Kentucky was out of sorts. LSU just gave everyone the blueprint for how to guard them. You have to make Howard a low percentage shooter. She still had 26, but she normally shoots 45% from the field and 40% from 3. Against LSU she was 7-22 31.8% and 4-14 for 28.5%.

She took a similar number of shots against us going 12-27 and 7-13. If we get her off balance on half of those like LSU did we would have won by 20.

She is their only option. If you make it tough on her she’s still going to have to shoot off balance shots. Her offense is UK’s offense. If you make her inefficient they’re finished.

Last edited:
Lady Vol fans, hold onto your hats. Congrats on the Alabama win, but the gauntlet awaits:

@ Connecticut (16-1)
Louisiana State (14-4)
@ Vanderbilt (12-6)
@ South Carolina (18-1)
Mississippi State (16-3)
@ Louisiana State (14-4)
Texas A&M (15-3)
@ Arkansas (15-3)
Vanderbilt (12-6)

That's as tough a stretch of games as any has this season.....

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Lady Vol fans, hold onto your hats. Congrats on the Alabama win, but the gauntlet awaits:

@ Connecticut (16-1)
Louisiana State (14-4)
@ Vanderbilt (12-6)
@ South Carolina (18-1)
Mississippi State (16-3)
@ Louisiana State (14-4)
Texas A&M (15-3)
@ Arkansas (15-3)
Vanderbilt (12-6)

We'll take on the gauntlet like the "American Gladiators"

Reactions: LurkerExposed

@ Connecticut (16-1)
Louisiana State (14-4)
@ Vanderbilt (12-6)
@ South Carolina (18-1)
Mississippi State (16-3)
@ Louisiana State (14-4)
Texas A&M (15-3)
@ Arkansas (15-3)
Vanderbilt (12-6)

Yikes! This looks super tough (especially the away games) but I think we can come out of this gauntlet 6-3 and at best 7-2 (ok ok maybe 5-4 which would still put us at 20 wins this year) That’s what I’m hoping for at least 😂 I don’t foresee a 5 game slide like last year.

Reactions: mlindsay
Up to 31 and 7 thank you LSU for upsetting Kentucky went out on a limb on that one and it paid off.

While were playing up in the scrap heap tonight there are some games that are going on in the SEC. No prediction on the scrap heap game not an SEC game and no influence on that race.

Georgia at Arkansas The razorbacks are really dialing in on the three and they win big at home tonight Arkansas 85 Georgia 60

Ole Miss at Auburn what a horrible game this could be as neither has a win and neither is very good and this could go either way but I take home teams in games like this Auburn 65 Ole Miss 60

Texas A&M at Alabama don't think Carter is playing and that will be bad news for Texas A&M as Bama wins at home 73 to 65

Miss St at Vanderbilt Vandy home losses keep piling up as Miss St wins this one 80 to 63

That is it for the SEC Thursday as South Carolina, Florida, and Kentucky have the night off.

Reactions: VolBall09
We'll take on the gauntlet like the "American Gladiators"

Like Fess Parker through Chief Blackfish's crew.

volunteer.jpg
7981b5b456d25016682927999a443267--tennessee-volunteers-southern-belle.jpg

Last edited:
Up to 31 and 7 thank you LSU for upsetting Kentucky went out on a limb on that one and it paid off.

While were playing up in the scrap heap tonight there are some games that are going on in the SEC. No prediction on the scrap heap game not an SEC game and no influence on that race.

Georgia at Arkansas The razorbacks are really dialing in on the three and they win big at home tonight Arkansas 85 Georgia 60

Ole Miss at Auburn what a horrible game this could be as neither has a win and neither is very good and this could go either way but I take home teams in games like this Auburn 65 Ole Miss 60

Texas A&M at Alabama don't think Carter is playing and that will be bad news for Texas A&M as Bama wins at home 73 to 65

Miss St at Vanderbilt Vandy home losses keep piling up as Miss St wins this one 80 to 63

That is it for the SEC Thursday as South Carolina, Florida, and Kentucky have the night off.

Forgive my naïveté, but what is up the 31 and 7 or SOS and RPI?

My predictions for the SEC tonight

Arkansas 90 Georgia 68

Auburn 68 Ole Miss 55 in an ugly game

Bama 72 A&M 64

A&M might look better tonight though. They have had some time to practice without Carter now so I expect to see some of their other guards step-up against Bama.

MSST 82 Vandy 66

Looking ahead to LSU I have high hopes this team will come out with a different attitude on Sunday.

Last time we lost we came out an executed the next game. Yes, it was Ole Miss, but we dominated them appropriately in record setting fashion.

Lots of great games tomorrow. A win over LSU would be a great kickstart for the rest of SEC season. Hopefully we come to play and defend our home court. I take UT 66 LSU 54, probably closer in reality, but I hope not lol.

I think Bama gets Vandy 70-64

Sc over Georgia 78-62

I think MIZZOU gets hot and stuns A&M on the road 72-69

Florida/Arkansas game should actually be a fun one to watch. They have similar styles of play. Should be up and down game with a lot of offense if they hit shots. I take Arkansas 84 Florida 70

MSST handles Ole Misss.

A 2 and 2 Thursday Night wasn't gonna pick Georgia to beat Arkansas at their place so big upset and a loss there also lost the Bama vs Texas A&M Bama is Bama except when they play Tennessee choked away an 11 point lead. All I can say is thank you Rennia Davis for saving us from having to say we lost to them again. Record now 33 and 9 and on comes a big slate of games Sunday.

LSU at Tennessee All I will say about this one is that Tennessee better win or their hopes of playing in the NCAA will begin to look terribly worse. We got a load of games coming up that will challenge us to the core. Are we gonna turn it over 20 plus times and lose or are we coming with some big time intensity and better attention span and come away with the win. I think this one gonna be close I will say Tennessee 65 LSU 60

South Carolina at Georgia Do you think I should pick Georgia after their huge upset of Arkansas. Nope they get bombed. South Carolina 80 Georgia 67

Florida at Arkansas Wouldn't mind if Arkansas lost another home game they already lost two. Want happen this is Florida Arkansas 85 Florida 50

Vanderbilt at Alabama I very seldom pull for Vanderbilt and want matter if I pull for them or not they probably still gonna lose. Alabama 80 Vandy 65

Missouri at Texas A&M This should be easy win for Texas A&M even without Carter Texas A&M 78 Missouri 60

Ole Miss at Mississippi State Do they really have to play this one why can't Ole Miss just concede so the win would only be 2 to 0. Mississippi State plays everybody that is eligible 83 Ole Miss 35

Monday Night

Auburn at Kentucky is gonna be another game to avoid as Kentucky wins big Kentucky 85 Auburn 55

If we can win in what looks to be the best SEC game of the week we will hold on to our tie for second with Miss St who is in no danger of losing their game. Still have hopes that we can start playing more intelligent ball make the NCAA and maybe advance as far as the sweet 16. We have never missed an NCAA we can't afford to lose at home.

Lots of great games tomorrow. A win over LSU would be a great kickstart for the rest of SEC season. Hopefully we come to play and defend our home court. I take UT 66 LSU 54, probably closer in reality, but I hope not lol.

I think Bama gets Vandy 70-64

Sc over Georgia 78-62

I think MIZZOU gets hot and stuns A&M on the road 72-69

Florida/Arkansas game should actually be a fun one to watch. They have similar styles of play. Should be up and down game with a lot of offense if they hit shots. I take Arkansas 84 Florida 70

MSST handles Ole Misss.
Agree with all your picks hopefully we get them all.

My predictions for the SEC tonight

Arkansas 90 Georgia 68

Auburn 68 Ole Miss 55 in an ugly game

Bama 72 A&M 64

A&M might look better tonight though. They have had some time to practice without Carter now so I expect to see some of their other guards step-up against Bama.

MSST 82 Vandy 66
Bama is Bama unless they see Tennessee on a jersey.

Alabama 12-17 3-pts against Vandy and eight players hit at least one. no upsets on Sunday.

Had a perfect week to up to 40 and 9. Of course not many games this week where the top teams played each other. Tennessee vs LSU was the top game. Really surprised at the Kentucky score but then Howard only goes 3 for 13 and 1 for 7 from the three. Imagine that never happens when we play them.

Thursday's games

LSU at Florida probably be a better game than expected Florida sometimes surprises and plays a good game. I don't see them winning LSU 67 Florida 58

Kentucky at Missouri Road games are never as easy as home games but Kentucky should be able to take this one Kentucky 73 Missouri 60

Arkansas at Alabama this is a intriguing game Bama is like a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde team you never know which team will show up. This is a tough one taking the upset Bama 75 Arkansas 73

South Carolina at Ole Miss this one will be over after the first quarter and will be quite ugly as SC wants to make it South Carolina 85 Ole Miss 30

Auburn at Mississippi State Another game that want be competitive long Mississippi State 75 Auburn 50

Georgia at Texas A&M The top teams continue to separate themselves from the bottom teams Texas A&M 75 Georgia 60

Tennessee at Vanderbilt will certainly be a battle teams seems to find another gear when they hear the name Tennessee Tennessee 72 Vanderbilt 60

Looks like the schedule this week again allows for the bottom of the league to sink lower and the top to rise higher. The ideal for Tennessee would be for Bama to defeat Arkansas and put another loss on them while we win at Vandy. I would thrilled if Florida beat LSU but that is just dreaming. The big thing is for Tennessee to win their third road game in SEC play usually have as big a crowd as they do when we play there hopefully that continues.

Battle For Player of the Year in the SEC

I would assume that Howard has the advantage right now but the stats between her and Davis are very very close and similar

Davis is averaging 24.02 points per forty minutes played while Howard is averaging 30.01 per forty minutes played.
Davis is averaging 11.14 Rebounds per forty minutes played and Howard is averaging 8.1 per forty minutes
Davis is shooting .500 from the field while Howard is shooting.438
Davis is shooting .789 from the free throw line while Howard is shooting .788
Davis points per shot attempt is 1.29 and Howard is also 1.29

So if stats are a measuring stick for who get player of the year then these two players are very close and title should be up for grabs. Carter may be eliminated having to miss over a month of the season and her stats though high in volume are not statistically as efficient at either Davis or Howard. I suspect that media attention will play a huge part and if either player can separate a little further from the other.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back