SEC still planning on playing season.

b23765a59f12e0688e6a9c2a48081b15.jpeg

I think the SEC is waiting for other conferences to act first.
Yep. SEC won’t be playing. Same thing is going on in Knox County Schools right now. They know they aren’t going to be having in person classes but they’re too chicken and incompetent to let the public know, so they’re giving the appearance that are planning on in-class instruction. It ain’t happening.

I completely disagree. I think the SEC is planning on making a go of it regardless of any other P5 conference that cancels.

This sorta. I believe the SEC needs one of the other power 5 confernces to play as well. I think the ACC can be convinced to play along the SEC

Why would any true fan of Tennessee football want our team to play in front of an empty stadium or one limited to 50% of capacity?

Either do it all the way or not at all.

Why would any true fan of Tennessee football want our team to play in front of an empty stadium or one limited to 50% of capacity?

Any football is better than no football. It's that simple. Even if stands are empty and there's only 2 15 minute halves, I'd take it.

I completely disagree. I think the SEC is planning on making a go of it regardless of any other P5 conference that cancels.
I don’t think this is the case, if it goes wrong then the SEC is gonna get a lot of scrutiny. They need at least another conference to do it with them. That being said I wish they’d try it, these players know the risks and want to play.

Why would anyone want to sit in their Covid Free /Air Conditioned/ Heated home, and watch it on their big screen,while getting beer from their own fridge and using their own bathroom?Game day is great and Neyland is even better but the inconveniences make it NOT irreplaceable.

Yep. SEC won’t be playing. Same thing is going on in Knox County Schools right now. They know they aren’t going to be having in person classes but they’re too chicken and incompetent to let the public know, so they’re giving the appearance that are planning on in-class instruction. It ain’t happening.

You "may" be right about the SEC, but I do believe they are trying to find a way to have a season. "aren't going to be having in person classes but they're too chicken and incompetent to let the public know".........wow. There's school systems all across the state of Tennessee that are in person right now. May not be in a month, but are right now. And high school football kicks off in less than 2 weeks........

Because, it's what we do on fall Saturdays.

After this crap show of a year, I've been looking forward to cheering on the Big Orange with my sons, my brother, my friends, and family. A backyard cookout, cornhole tossing, pre-game festivity laden good time. We miss it. We want it. And I daresay, we need it.

Fans in the stands are irrelevant at this point. Give us something to feel good about, and whole again.

You "may" be right about the SEC, but I do believe they are trying to find a way to have a season. "aren't going to be having in person classes but they're too chicken and incompetent to let the public know".........wow. There's school systems all across the state of Tennessee that are in person right now. May not be in a month, but are right now. And high school football kicks off in less than 2 weeks........

My friend down the street dropped his daughter off at Auburn this past weekend. They're doing rush this week.

Because that's not living in reality. Good news is Nascar has and is putting on a full season only allowing fans at 3 tracks so far. One of those was Bristol several weeks ago where they allowed 20,000 fans in. The fans were required to wear masks going into the stadium and practice social distancing as best as possible but were not required to wear masks in their seats. There were also large gatherings of fans outside the track prior to the race many of them observed to not be wearing masks. There were no Covid19 surges or outbreaks linked to the event afterwards: https://heraldcourier.com/news/loca...5769d83e12.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true. We could safely have a football season with fans in the stands.

Because that's not living in reality. Good news is Nascar has and is putting on a full season only allowing fans at 3 tracks so far. One of those was Bristol several weeks ago where they allowed 20,000 fans in. The fans were required to wear masks going into the stadium and practice social distancing as best as possible but were not required to wear masks in their seats. There were also large gatherings of fans outside the track prior to the race many of them observed to not be wearing masks. There were no Covid19 surges or outbreaks linked to the event afterwards: https://heraldcourier.com/news/loca...5769d83e12.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true. We could safely have a football season with fans in the stands.

I don't understand why baseball doesn't allow general admission fans to attend. Got a 40,000 seat stadium? Allow 10,000 to attend. Unless you're in the same family or group, social distancing shouldn't be a problem........

I don’t get that at all. There’s a continuum that goes from “cancel the season” all the way to “pretend like nothing’s happening”. There’s no reason not to find a comfort level in between.

VN Store

Back