SEC still planning on playing season.

You "may" be right about the SEC, but I do believe they are trying to find a way to have a season. "aren't going to be having in person classes but they're too chicken and incompetent to let the public know".........wow. There's school systems all across the state of Tennessee that are in person right now. May not be in a month, but are right now. And high school football kicks off in less than 2 weeks........
Knox County is getting all their ducks in a row for virtual learning. There won’t be any fall sports. I think a big reason is the county is afraid of potential lawsuits from this stuff.

Reactions: esarmstrong
I would love the SEC to step up and have a season with no issues. I'm so sick of hearing the "new normal" BS. There is no "new normal" because normal is normal. This whole "new normal" BS is people caving in and letting others run their lives. Its total BS! We have freedom ya know! As soon as we all understand this COVID crap IS out there, and move forward and understand that we will know someone who will get sick from it and potentially die from it, and digest that; things will get a lot better for us. People need to quit being pussies and get one with it!

Well the Big 10 has cancelled. Let's see what follows

Source? I've looked at numerous sports sites - ESPN, Sporting News, Fox Sports, etc. - and have yet to see any conference announcements regarding Big 10 "canceling" the season, much less any P5 conference.

GBO

I would love the SEC to step up and have a season with no issues. I'm so sick of hearing the "new normal" BS. There is no "new normal" because normal is normal. This whole "new normal" BS is people caving in and letting others run their lives. Its total BS! We have freedom ya know! As soon as we all understand this COVID crap IS out there, and move forward and understand that we will know someone who will get sick from it and potentially die from it, and digest that; things will get a lot better for us. People need to quit being pussies and get one with it!
My business of 100 plus employees has been open the whole time. We had one employee test positive and told him to stay home.He was gone 2 weeks got cleared and came back to work. It's not that hard.

Knox County is getting all their ducks in a row for virtual learning. There won’t be any fall sports. I think a big reason is the county is afraid of potential lawsuits from this stuff.

Potential lawsuits? Nah, most school systems are giving parents a choice between in person or virtual. That choice will remedy the "lawsuits."

My business of 100 plus employees has been open the whole time. We had one employee test positive and told him to stay home. He was gone 2 weeks got cleared and came back to work. It's not that hard.

Exactly, I have 63 people. Been 100% balls out at work because we're "essential". We have taken the measures to keep it (COVID) out of out facility as we were 100% on top of this from the start. Sounds like the SEC is on top of it too. Just take precautions and keep extra clean, put people out for 2 weeks if needed. Wear a mask if you feel you need to, and just move on with life. The COVID is out there whether we like it or not. So we can live life or let COVID dictate our lives. Simple choice for me, I'll live life!

My business of 100 plus employees has been open the whole time. We had one employee test positive and told him to stay home.He was gone 2 weeks got cleared and came back to work. It's not that hard.
One employee positive is about the norm around here.

Of all my friends I talk to normally, none of us know anybody that's actually had it (at least symptomatically).

Reactions: tn4elvis
Every report I have seen regarding an official cancellation by the Big10 is based off an article in the Detroit Free Press. I believe the odds of this being true are probably about as close to 100% as possible but still have not seen the press release from the Big10. Having said that the guy who wrote the article & the editor who approved it either have some excellent sources or a lot of explaining to do.

We are so good at navigating other problems as a country but this seems to have a narrative or agenda. There are over 230,000 deaths in USA yearly of Heart disease. So in 2020 over 115,000 of those have Statistically already died. How many Of those died with Covid19?
Average age heart disease death=78
Average age of Covid death=78
Average age of all deaths =78
So you never hear% of Covid deaths that are with underlying diseases.Which we know this is the main key but it cricket’s talking about it. Although we are inundated with number of cases from MSM.

One employee positive is about the norm around here.

Of all my friends I talk to normally, none of us know anybody that's actually had it (at least symptomatically).
True.We had two others that said they were exposed to people with it .So we sent them to get tested and home for two weeks. Both tested negative and both came back after the second test two weeks later. It's not rocket science. If you are exposed get tested and stay quarantined for two weeks. We all wear masks inside the building and wipe everything down 4 times a day.

Every report I have seen regarding an official cancellation by the Big10 is based off an article in the Detroit Free Press. I believe the odds of this being true are probably about as close to 100% as possible but still have not seen the press release from the Big10. Having said that the guy who wrote the article & the editor who approved it either have some excellent sources or a lot of explaining to do.

Strange that no one is confirming it. Just that one paper.

Soooo if all the other conferences cancel playing this year and the SEC plays, the SEC champion is the national champion?...I mean i know its a silly question being as that is usually the case even when the other teams play lol
So, what you’re saying is, Tennessee has a shot at a top 14 finish this year...
GBO!!

Agreed. According to Dan Patrick the SEC is trying to get other teams to join the SEC for just this season as well. If they are doing that then the SEC is definitely playing.

As there has been some talk in the recent past about the Power 5 conferences creating their own oversight organization, it would be interesting to see how the NCAA would handle this. If they allow it, they would probably be driving the last nail into their own coffin.

VN Store

Back