SEC still planning on playing season.

If some of you have seen the analogies zaqhhh has made then you would know there is no reason to even entertain his opinions.

Most of my analogies have been mocking the analogies you all make because that is a dumb way to argue.

Ofc you missed the entire point because well its you...

Wth do you mean? Following advice of experts is a bad idea? It lessens it greatly if we all wear masks, socially distance etc. Look at New Zealand, they even eradicated it. And chances are they can likely stay that way with no to minimal infections until they get a vaccine.

And even among other nations many are doing well even if they have a few cases here or there. And its because they didn't try to fight every piece of advice by yelling freedom or ranting about government conspiracies.
Might want to check to news on New Zealand. There is no eradicating this virus. With the number of cases worldwide, it will spread until we achieve a sufficient level of immunity. Yes, a tiny island-country can shut everything down completely and close its borders indefinitely, curtailing the spread for now. The virus will (and apparently HAS) return(ed), unless there is a universal, accepted, and effective vaccine, OR they achieve natural herd immunity.

It is completely assinine to think we can do the same in the U.S. without destroying the economy, sacrificing our children's education, and incurring an untold number of ancillary deaths and morbidity due to poverty/starvation/suicide/lack of medical care. Remember that the case fatality rate is less than/approximates that of influenza in children and younger/healthy adults.

Vaccination could be a viable option, but there's no guarantee of if or when one will be available, and it is certain that a large portion (perhaps even majority) of our population will not accept it.

Might want to check to news on New Zealand. There is no eradicating this virus. With the number of cases worldwide, it will spread until we achieve a sufficient level of immunity. Yes, a tiny island-country can shut everything down completely and close its borders indefinitely, curtailing the spread for now. The virus will (and apparently HAS) return(ed), unless there is a universal, accepted, and effective vaccine, OR they achieve natural herd immunity.

It is completely assinine to think we can do the same in the U.S. without destroying the economy, sacrificing our children's education, and incurring an untold number of ancillary deaths and morbidity due to poverty/starvation/suicide/lack of medical care. Remember that the case fatality rate is less than/approximates that of influenza in children and younger/healthy adults.

Vaccination could be a viable option, but there's no guarantee of if or when one will be available, and it is certain that a large portion (perhaps even majority) of our population will not accept it.

Literally your first paragraph contradicts nothing I have said. I said there may be minimal infections still but the point is they responded forcefully and it worked. Europe has a few cases but so much less than we do because they also responded forcefully. We did not. That is why ours is out of control. And yes it won't be completely safe but they can go back to normal for the most part and if it spikes they will follow directions to get back to normal rather than screwing around and yelling about freedom.

Will it hurt some? Yes. The government will have to step up which is its job anyway. If the people hold them accountable...

Its ridiculous how many deaths we have, unneeded.

And I've said kids can choose to go to school or online. I understand parents may not have childcare and by allowing choice we can reduce capacity so that social distanicng is more effective.

I'm not advocating we can't do anything, just that some things like Football, large gatherings, bars, etc should stay closed/banned.

they will follow directions to get back to normal rather than screwing around and yelling about freedom.

Will it hurt some? Yes. The government will have to step up which is its job anyway. If the people hold them accountable...

Well, we can probably end this discussion.

I don't consider freedom "screwing around" and something to be taken so frivolously. Also, in no way is our government "accountable" to pay everyone, nor does it have the right to take away our ability to conduct business, worship corporately, or assemble.

VN Store

Back