SEC Statement on Ole Miss / TN game [Sankey discussion]

I agree but we don’t need this look while we are trying to dig ourselves from the grave. Another large fine may be coming because of this and they’ll use us to set an example I’m sure
There is no way this is more dangerous than storming the field like at aTm and it only cost them 100k.

Somebody in the other thread said it perfectly:

“What are you gonna do, take another TD from us?”

Best way to avoid this in the future is to have some accountability with officiating and make sure games are called correctly and fairly.

And that makes it ok to act that way? In life when things don’t go the way you want or thought do you cry wolf? Throw stuff like a toddler? Or dust yourself off and try again? It’s completely inexcusable to throw things, especially golf balls, for any reason. They not only made themselves look bad, but the university as a whole. Let’s not even deep dive into recruiting and what damage that caused.

Something is going to happen because of last nights events. That’s a given. Drunken idiots can be mad all they want we have plenty to be mad about but it’s them who are making our program that is actually headed in the right direction look bad now

Something should happen. If this had happened at Bama or UGA, these same people saying it’s no big deal would be absolutely crucifying them for it. But because it us, it’s no big deal because we have sucked for so long.

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
This actually was the fans fault. These weren’t a bunch of prepubescent teenagers. These were adults who made a stupid decision. And the university is probably gonna pay for these mindless dolts pathetic behavior.

Why are you trying to deflect blame from where it rightly belongs?

I’m done arguing this in multiple threads. You guys would rather blame the fans than the year in and year out screwing we and other teams get from the SEC and officiating crews. That’s cool.

At the end of the day the fans shouldn’t have done what they did, but IMO it is more than understandable and people are just sick of the futility in sitting back and hoping it gets better.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Typical blame the effect not the cause. F em

Is officiating perfect absolutely not. On 4th and 27 after they showed several angles it was spotted damn near perfectly. He didn’t extend his arms or help himself for that matter. To further my point had Tennessee not shot themselves in the foot they wouldn’t have been in such a situation to start with.

Reactions: Sarms58

Best way to avoid this in the future is to have some accountability with officiating and make sure games are called correctly and fairly.
My guess prohibition at Neyland for the rest of the home games.

From the sound of most of the comments here, everyone has forgotten the D-cell batteries hitting the field in the 80’s. our guys used to get pelted with oranges at many away games. This is nothing new or unique fo UT

Reactions: Vols919

Boom……common sense post. The bad vibes derived from 1st quarter. It was a botched play that resulted in a TD. Ole Piss is lucky UT wasnt fully aware because they could of seriously hurt Corral with legal blasting tackles. It was a wide open play. No flags & no wistle

He was short, that was not a reason to throw stuff on field.There were missed calls, but still not a reason to throw stuff on field making our fan base look like idiots.
It was the blantant fake leg cramps that took it to another level

We haven't been bad because we've been on the wrong end of calls for 14 years. We've been bad because we've been bad. Sooner some of y'all realize that the easier life as a fan gets.

All last night did was hurt the future of the team depending on what the NCAA does. The players are working hard to be better and a bunch of idiot fans just threw a wrench into their progress.

Reactions: Lucy
I don’t condone any of the actions last night, but our fans are constantly punched in the gut over and over again. Nobody in the country has gone through what Tennessee fans have over the last 15 years. It’s always a blown call, a bad spot, a boneheaded decision, etc. If it’s close, we will find a way to lose.

I’m done arguing this in multiple threads. You guys would rather blame the fans than the year in and year out screwing we and other teams get from the SEC and officiating crews. That’s cool.

At the end of the day the fans shouldn’t have done what they did, but IMO it is more than understandable and people are just sick of the futility in sitting back and hoping it gets better.

Who else could it be blamed on? The refs didn’t throw things on the field like toddlers that didn’t get their way. The refs didn’t put Tennessee in 4th and 27. Hell, the ref didn’t do anything wrong spotting the ball. It was clear as day that after the angle shots the ball was damn nearly perfectly spotted. The fans made the team, the program, and the university look absolutely awful and should be ashamed.

With facial recognition technology and technology in general, it's pretty easy to accurately levy a $1000 penalty and ban from future games for a period of time...I'd expect something like this coming from UT if not SEC. If the SEC fined Kentucky $250K for rushing the field, I'd expect something at least in this range for delaying the game for 20 min, and endangerment.
This technology can be afforded but a better camera angle of the Warren catch of the spot can not?

So just to be clear. Say by some miracle, we were to beat Bama next week. And the cause for our win is an egregious missed call. Would it be ok with you if Bama fans threw a golf ball at Heupel? Or how about them throwing beer bottles and cans at us? That be ok?

VN Store

Back