SEC Statement on Ole Miss / TN game [Sankey discussion]

Yes it should have been. But a few idiot fans forced that focus on them instead. It was a shameful response to being upset about the refs. And even worse when it came on a call that probably was correct.
I'm wondering if many of those fans were planning on doing it after the game at Kiffin anyway. I've only been to a stadium once so I could be off here, but how is it that there is SO many full water bottles to chunk onto the field?

Reactions: Stonewall83
If you could see the “coaches cut” of the game film, I’ll bet you’ll see OM had a WR or 2 running a combo route on that play. I think it was a “flea-flicker-type” play with Corral trying to hide the ball. Terrible call!
That was my thought also! I actually think the official said he gave up forward progress, doesn't make in sense.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Idiot fans really made UT look bad. If it were up to me any that I could prove threw something would be banned not sure for how long .
I agree that this makes everyone look bad. Folks are making light about hitting Kiffin but what if it hit him in the eye and blinded him?

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
I’m so sick of blaming the fans. The simple truth here is we are tired of being on the wrong end of these close games with crappy officiating. To say nothing of everyone losing site that the OM players were instigating to fans during all this.

Ask yourself if the game would have been called this way had we been Bama or AU or GA and then tell me the frustration and lashing out isn’t understandable.

Unless you are the big dogs of the conference or you have a cozy seat with top cover in Birmingham this conference sucks. They have zero regard for fair play or even the appearance of competent officiating.
If college kids are making people so upset they resort to infantile acts like throwing things, they simple don't have the maturity to go to a game. If you get that triggered, stay home. It's probably past your bedtime anyway.

This in conjunction with the ongoing investigation, injury of key players which will limit the win total this year, and no the non-stop negative press (making Lane a victim) can’t possibly help us in recruiting. Talk about self inflicted wounds...
the fans getting mad at the officiating and showing it physically will not hurt us in recruiting. It will be forgotten about in 2 weeks. Y’all are such hand wringers

Somebody in the other thread said it perfectly:

“What are you gonna do, take another TD from us?”

Best way to avoid this in the future is to have some accountability with officiating and make sure games are called correctly and fairly.
Didn’t they review the call and decide it was correct? In any event, some calls are going to be close and go against us. Fans can’t throw tantrums like 2 year old babies.

Reactions: Sarms58

Best way to avoid this in the future is to have some accountability with officiating and make sure games are called correctly and fairly.
Yeah officiating? The crap started before the game, idiot vol fans verbally attacking every single ole miss fan that walked by. Maybe clean up the fan base.

Reactions: Sarms58
the fans getting mad at the officiating and showing it physically will not hurt us in recruiting. It will be forgotten about in 2 weeks. Y’all are such hand wringers
Soooo, being the laughing stock of college football won't hurt in recruiting?! Hmmm sounds right. That's definitely where I would want to play if I were a 5* recruit.

I agree that this makes everyone look bad. Folks are making light about hitting Kiffin but what if it hit him in the eye and blinded him?
Exactly a guy I worked with got hit by a bouncing golf ball on the course,.It fractured the bone around his eye socket.

Alcohol should not be sold in the stadium. Yes, people can sneak it in or get drunk before the game but don't add gasoline to a smoldering fire. Many young people don't know how to act in these environments. Why make it worse by reducing judgment. Just my opinion, please don't throw something at me.

With facial recognition technology and technology in general, it's pretty easy to accurately levy a $1000 penalty and ban from future games for a period of time...I'd expect something like this coming from UT if not SEC. If the SEC fined Kentucky $250K for rushing the field, I'd expect something at least in this range for delaying the game for 20 min, and endangerment.
They can’t even get a camera angle from every side of the field for reviews but, now they’ll get facial recognition for fans? smh

Soooo, being the laughing stock of college football won't hurt in recruiting?! Hmmm sounds right. That's definitely where I would want to play if I were a 5* recruit.

We’ve been the laughing stock of college football for the last 15 years cause of the sh*tty product on the field.

Why would it be any different now?

Throwing golf balls is dumb but eventually, it was bound to happen. Fans are over it.

we aren’t the first school this has happened at. We won’t be the last. Hell ole miss did this against us in bball a few years back. You guys are putting way too much into it.

Is the SEC gonna talk about the scoop and score at all? Or are they gonna throw a fit that a bunch of drunks started throwing things after a game that almost lasted five hours?

Reactions: Vols919 and 99grad
Alcohol should not be sold in the stadium. Yes, people can sneak it in or get drunk before the game but don't add gasoline to a smoldering fire. Many young people don't know how to act in these environments. Why make it worse by reducing judgment. Just my opinion, please don't throw something at me.
Ok blue hair. Your AARP membership is in the mail.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
We can spin this all we want but it wasn’t just the student section doing this. It came from everywhere otherwise the band and cheerleaders wouldn’t have had to leave.

I just hope the alcohol sales last night help us pay the fine the SEC gives us

But this is not going to be the norm here
Football team is playing well so The negs have to BASH something
So Now it will be the "fans"

Other than that you're absolutely right
There is ZERO accountability to those supposedly enforcing rules

we aren’t the first school this has happened at. We won’t be the last. Hell ole miss did this against us in bball a few years back. You guys are putting way too much into it.
Who gives a **** what ole miss done in basketball? This is UT football and people expect a safe atmosphere when they go and they should get it. You just said it will be forgot about in 2 weeks yet you bring up Ole Miss done it a few years ago, so you gonna stick with that?

Last edited:
I’m so sick of blaming the fans. The simple truth here is we are tired of being on the wrong end of these close games with crappy officiating. To say nothing of everyone losing site that the OM players were instigating to fans during all this.

Ask yourself if the game would have been called this way had we been Bama or AU or GA and then tell me the frustration and lashing out isn’t understandable.

Unless you are the big dogs of the conference or you have a cozy seat with top cover in Birmingham this conference sucks. They have zero regard for fair play or even the appearance of competent officiating.

This actually was the fans fault. These weren’t a bunch of prepubescent teenagers. These were adults who made a stupid decision. And the university is probably gonna pay for these mindless dolts pathetic behavior.

Why are you trying to deflect blame from where it rightly belongs?

Then you'll more to bitch about

Win win right??
Something is going to happen because of last nights events. That’s a given. Drunken idiots can be mad all they want we have plenty to be mad about but it’s them who are making our program that is actually headed in the right direction look bad now

The SEC office --- in the pocket of their favorite teams like alabama and georgia. This will never end.

VN Store

Back