SEC Statement on Ole Miss / TN game [Sankey discussion]

Volbrando

Not good - this look probably won’t help us in whatever penalties they decide to give us from the other investigation too

D70CEE3F-F57D-4176-BE54-93C4E42EB656.jpeg

Somebody in the other thread said it perfectly:

“What are you gonna do, take another TD from us?”

Best way to avoid this in the future is to have some accountability with officiating and make sure games are called correctly and fairly.
He was short, that was not a reason to throw stuff on field.There were missed calls, but still not a reason to throw stuff on field making our fan base look like idiots.

Best way to avoid this in the future is to have some accountability with officiating and make sure games are called correctly and fairly.
I agree but we don’t need this look while we are trying to dig ourselves from the grave. Another large fine may be coming because of this and they’ll use us to set an example I’m sure

And to add to that there needs to be a rule regulating fake injuries.I know every team is guilty of it but every play is excessive

I’m so sick of blaming the fans. The simple truth here is we are tired of being on the wrong end of these close games with crappy officiating. To say nothing of everyone losing site that the OM players were instigating to fans during all this.

Ask yourself if the game would have been called this way had we been Bama or AU or GA and then tell me the frustration and lashing out isn’t understandable.

Unless you are the big dogs of the conference or you have a cozy seat with top cover in Birmingham this conference sucks. They have zero regard for fair play or even the appearance of competent officiating.

Not good - this look probably won’t help us in whatever penalties they decide to give us from the other investigation too

View attachment 403635

2 comments

1. They said "the actions of fans", not some fans, not the actions of a few, not the student section..."the actions of fans".
2. It'll happen again when there's a call that don't go our way.

Reactions: bpalmer28 and 08Vol
I’m so sick of blaming the fans. The simple truth here is we are tired of being on the wrong end of these close games with crappy officiating. To say nothing of everyone losing site that the OM players were instigating to fans during all this.

Ask yourself if the game would have been called this way had we been Bama or AU or GA and then tell me the frustration and lashing out isn’t understandable.

Unless you are the big dogs of the conference or you have a cozy seat with top cover in Birmingham this conference sucks. They have zero regard for fair play or even the appearance of competent officiating.
Yea. No way the SEC lets something like this happen to bama or uga this year.

We're not ranked, not viewed as a great team, so the SEC doesn't care about making sure we're treated fairly by refs. IMO they make it a point to protect at least the highly ranked teams.

Fans are dumb for throwing crap on the field, but even outside of the strip td being called back you could make a powerpoint with all the holds that didn't get called.

This in conjunction with the ongoing investigation, injury of key players which will limit the win total this year, and no the non-stop negative press (making Lane a victim) can’t possibly help us in recruiting. Talk about self inflicted wounds...
The injuries hurt and the calls hurt the throwing stuff was embarrassing. But we have something special happening on the hill and the recruits have to see it and know they could help the team win that game. The 102 thousand fans should let recruits know that this is a special place now and they know mistakes happen and everyone loves redemption and second chances.

2 comments

1. They said "the actions of fans", not some fans, not the actions of a few, not the student section..."the actions of fans".
2. It'll happen again when there's a call that don't go our way.
With facial recognition technology and technology in general, it's pretty easy to accurately levy a $1000 penalty and ban from future games for a period of time...I'd expect something like this coming from UT if not SEC. If the SEC fined Kentucky $250K for rushing the field, I'd expect something at least in this range for delaying the game for 20 min, and endangerment.

Edit...forgot blue font apparently.

Last edited:
The focus could've been on the blown call on the strip sack. Good job, guys.

If you could see the “coaches cut” of the game film, I’ll bet you’ll see OM had a WR or 2 running a combo route on that play. I think it was a “flea-flicker-type” play with Corral trying to hide the ball. Terrible call!

No. they might just take away fans from our remaining home SEC games...

VN Store

Back