SEC refs

You said "no", but then continued with the conspiracy theory that would suggest that the answer was actually "yes."

Do you think the Taylor PF and game stoppage were egregious. Especially the Taylor PF, you have to want to throw a flag there. There is no other explanation given what gets let go and almost every other game.

When was the last time officiating, on a clearly wrong call, cost Bama a win? I'm sure its happened, right?

Really? Where have I said jack squat about Big 10 officials? I just posted a gif showing Bama getting the benefit of the inconsistencies.

When it comes to the SEC officials I think it is rotten.

But this inconsistency include Big 10 officials. That you don't see the the contradiction in your logic is amazing.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
But this inconsistency include Big 10 officials. That you don't see the the contradiction in your logic is amazing.

You don’t understand.

There is inconsistency. Bama never seems to be on the butt end of it. If you have examples otherwise, I’m all ears.

….Break….

Separate point - the SEC is rotten with its officiating.

You seem to want to ascribe a point to me that I’m not making. I’ve never said Big 10 officials are in the tank for Bama. I literally posted one example that happen to be Big 10 officials. You are projecting.

Do you think the Taylor PF and game stoppage were egregious. Especially the Taylor PF, you have to want to throw a flag there. There is no other explanation given what gets let go and almost every other game.

He laid on top of, and then gave some business, to a QB in a game wherein both starting QBs had already been knocked out. That he didn't at least consider the possibility of a flag is on Taylor.

And for what it's worth, Mack Wilson should have been flagged for what he did against Fromm in the CFPNCG. But the inconsistency isn't explained by your conspiracy theory unless the Big Ten is also in on it.

You don’t understand.

There is inconsistency. Bama never seems to be on the butt end of it. If you have examples otherwise, I’m all ears.

….Break….

Separate point - the SEC is rotten with its officiating.

You seem to want to ascribe a point to me that I’m not making. I’ve never said Big 10 officials are in the tank for Bama. I literally posted one example that happen to be Big 10 officials. You are projecting.

It's the only example you've posted, so I don't know what you want anyone to take from that.

He laid on top of, and then gave some business, to a QB in a game wherein both starting QBs had already been knocked out. That he didn't at least consider the possibility of a flag is on Taylor.

And for what it's worth, Mack Wilson should have been flagged for what he did against Fromm in the CFPNCG. But the inconsistency isn't explained by your conspiracy theory unless the Big Ten is also in on it.

Yeah, but he wasn’t flagged. Imagine that.

It’s amazing the NCAA doesn’t hire the refs for games across the country. We now find out the line judge for the Miss game played football for Alabama. Most likely the time in the 90’s when Tennessee dominated Alabama. Kiffin was in his ear all night long and this guy was manipulated. The SEC is corrupt and we take the short end of the stick every time. The refs should be from other parts of the country Hired by the NCAA. Don’t tell me it’s because of expense. The leagues across the country are loaded.
What happened to the team in Birmingham that is supposed to over-ride bad calls by SEC refs?

I'm saving this thread for Saturday night. I'll say it now, there will be at least 1, if not more, game changing call go against UT that will be questionable, at best. It's a guarantee.

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
I'm saving this thread for Saturday night. I'll say it now, there will be at least 1, if not more, game changing call go against UT that will be questionable, at best. It's a guarantee.

I'm 100% confident that you'll find at least one call that is "game changing."

Nothing will change until the Conference moves the conference from Birmingham to a major city. Bama likes things just like they are. It's all sports in the SEC not just football. To many homers calling games across sports and 0 accountability from the SEC Office. Get the HQ out of Gump land and move it to a major city there are plenty across the SouthEast. Orlando makes the most sense to me. Until that happens nothing changes and the integrity of the league is at risk.
Laugh but I think Memphis makes decent sense. It will be centrally located when Texas and Oklahoma are added. It’s not what I would call a partisan city. And those running the SEC deserve to live in Memphis.

Don’t think it is a conspiracy, just bad refs. The SEC is the supposed leader in college football. Hire full time refs who can lose their jobs. Have end of year voting by the head coaches, and 8 👎 votes means you are out. Tenn alone took in about $7.5M in ticket sales Sat night. I believe they can pay for pro officiating. Pay the refs something like $7-8K per game from the home team’s money or the league office. That’s less than $100K from the ticket sales to greatly improve the product on the field. Making $75-$100K per year is a pretty good gig and not something you want to lose. Have both teams agree to the officiating crew. Lots of improvements are available.

No they don't.
The average salary is $62K - obviously some make less and some make more. More than half make between $57K to $143K with the top salary over $300K. Maybe it's not most, but I would guess that the SEC is the highest paying conference as we generate the most money with every team on TV every weekend. I think we could surmise that many if not the majority make $100K or more or at least close to it. And that doesn't even count spring games. The point I'm making is it's a signficiant amount of money.

College Ref Salaries

VN Store

Back