SEC refs

If you haven’t noticed lately, UF doesn’t need refs to screw us out of a game.

Todd Grantham is our defensive coordinator.

And yes, the referee conspiracy theories against Tennessee is all laughable. There’s enough evidence on tape every Saturday to conclude SEC refs also suck in games that don’t involve Tennessee.
Like Penn State who got screwed on a 3rd down..the refs said 4th down. And what about Georgia State…video shows Auburn receiver didn’t catch the ball. Game changer. After video review the refs confirmed a catch when it was clear he dropped the ball. It’s just not Tennessee that’s notices bad SEC refs. It’s the world of college football that sees it. Again….set the beer down.

Reactions: a vol n tears
Like Penn State who got screwed on a 3rd down..the refs said 4th down. And what about Georgia State…video shows Auburn receiver didn’t catch the ball. Game changer. After video review the refs confirmed a catch when it was clear he dropped the ball. It’s just not Tennessee that’s notices bad SEC refs. It’s the world of college football that sees it. Again….set the beer down.

You do realize you just confirmed and validated my previous posts.

There is no grand conspiracy to screw Tennessee out of winning football games.

Reactions: bamawriter
Don't disagree that their are biases - but I don't believe the SEC officials are all corrupt and homers as the OP indicated.
That’s not quite what he said. He said the SEC is corrupt. Which it is if it refuses to address and correct for poor officiating.

I am of the opinion that officials just blow it in real time, as I certainly would if I were in their position. But then there are times that they seemingly go out of their way to override another official, make a nitpick call, not make an obvious call, etc…and it is these things that I would grade them on, and possibly investigate them over. It is these moments that really make me wonder.

You do realize you just confirmed and validated my previous posts.

There is no grand conspiracy to screw Tennessee out of winning football games.
If there were I’m not sure you’d know anyway. All we can conclude is that we have continually been plagued by bad officiating and nothing is ever done about it. And by seemingly ignoring it, SEC leaves it up to fans then to draw their own conclusions.

Reactions: LadyinOrange
Perhaps, but not as nearly as much as you guys hate Alabama. It’s not close.

Look at it this way…if Tennessee had won seven national championships since a coach from a rival school turned you guys in to the NCAA, and UT had a current 14-game win streak against that same school, how much do you think UT’s fan base would care about what happened nearly two decades ago?

Bama's only won six national championships since then. But I appreciate your optimism.

It’s amazing how the game changing calls never seem to go against certain teams at the same rate the do against others.

Do you really think something wasn’t rotten in the Bama/MSU game or Bama/Tenn game in 2019. It was egregious, especially the MSU game.

The 2019 Bama-MSU game? Can you fill me in on the significant calls that helped Bama squeak by with a 38-7 win?

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
So the Big 10 officials are also in the tank for Alabama?

No, but there is clear inconsistency with the calls and they never seem to hurt Bama.

Should Taylor have been called there? And should the officials have stopped the game in the Bama Tennessee game in 2019 when we came out in the wildcat package?

Reactions: VolDave53
If there were I’m not sure you’d know anyway. All we can conclude is that we have continually been plagued by bad officiating and nothing is ever done about it. And by seemingly ignoring it, SEC leaves it up to fans then to draw their own conclusions.

Very well then, live your truth.

You need to get real - so ridiculous. So you think because the league office is in Alabama therefore all refs are Bama homers? You do realize that the source of most refs played college football from all over the country - some of which played for UT. Terry Brown for example who played for UT in mid-80's was a SEC ref and is now a NFL ref. But, according to your logic, he's a Bama homer because the league office is in Alabama.
Nobody is saying all refs are bama homers because the SEC office is in Alabama. He is saying that since the home office IS in Alabama, that no official is going to get fired for being a Bama homer.

Reactions: I4Vols
You said "no", but then continued with the conspiracy theory that would suggest that the answer was actually "yes."

Really? Where have I said jack squat about Big 10 officials? I just posted a gif showing Bama getting the benefit of the inconsistencies.

When it comes to the SEC officials I think it is rotten.

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
Is it not truth when basically everyone can agree on it? SEC officiating is terrible and they refuse to do anything about it.

The truth is, SEC refs are not competent. Just about everyone agrees with that.

As many have suggested since Saturday, there’s some inherent conspiracy to screw UT. I don’t agree with that.

I think refs at all levels have always made mistakes in the past. Instant replay has provided a method to try to correct the bad decisions. However, as the replay system has matured, officials have grown more reluctant to correct those bad calls. One wonders why. Are there so many they don't want to admit they have some many? Does it provide an avenue for the SEC and other conferences to sway the outcome so that the perceived better teams will make it to the playoffs? Are the Conferences so money happy that they want to make more money for them and their teams? Are the refs on the take or paid by the Conferences for them to play favorites? Deep down, I don't think so, but each week so many bad calls are made that inquiring minds wonder.
CJP said that he would ask for a measurement and they would just move the chains. It is doubtful they would treat Lame Muffin that way.

You said "no", but then continued with the conspiracy theory that would suggest that the answer was actually "yes."
What that demonstrates is two very different standards. And like Vol fans have experienced far too frequently, we’re at the butt end of one.

Reactions: rjd970
I don’t think you’ll find many people who don’t think it’s true that SEC officiating is terrible and they refuse to do anything about it.

But you will find people looking sideways at UT fans claiming there’s a conspiracy to keep them from winning.

VN Store

Back