SEC Lifts Ban on Alcohol Sales in Stadiums

Django-Waltz.gif

Reactions: SoddyAllVol and tbh
There will be stiffer penalties for bringing in outside alcohol to the stadium if they do start selling beer. On-premise licenses are specific as to what can be sold and consumed, and deviation can put their license at risk.
Yes this is true. Its like bringing alcohol into a bar, big time no no. State ABC laws will very much penalize this now.

People already sneak booze in and/or get wasted before at the tailgate. When I was a student, another student spilled his entire cup of beer on me during a game. Another time I had to jump out of the way to avoid being puked on. So if people are going to drink anyways, the school might as well make some money off of it.

The restrictions seem reasonable, beer and wine only, only stationary selling locations, ID required and must cut off after the third quarter as well as limits on the number of beverages you can purchase at a time. No different then the restrictions I see at the minor league hockey arena in my town.

Yeah, we are going to have people who get drunk and do stupid things, but those are most likely going to be the same people who already get drunk and do stupid things at the games anyways.

VN Store

Back