SEC Lifts Ban on Alcohol Sales in Stadiums

There will be stiffer penalties for bringing in outside alcohol to the stadium if they do start selling beer. On-premise licenses are specific as to what can be sold and consumed, and deviation can put their license at risk.

Doubtful, the penalties are usually a lot worse for bringing alcoholic into an establishment that has a ban on it. Nothing will change.

I think it's a good idea and it shouldn't lead to more drunks than what is already the case. I'm assuming that you will have to wait in line at a concession stand to buy one and nobody will want to do that more than 3 times in a game or to pay $8 a pop more than 3 times either. Leaving your seat for any reason is such a pain anyway in Neyland.

Doubtful, the penalties are usually a lot worse for bringing alcoholic into an establishment that has a ban on it. Nothing will change.

You've never worked for a business with a production, on-premise, or off-premise license have you?

My guess is, in the beginning, UT will only allow alcohol sales in the premium seats which will have high donation requirements. That will be the incentive to sell those higher dollar seats. That will be the test case. Then they will move on to other sections from there.

As crappy as the service is at Neyland Stadium concessions I know I won't be in line for many beers. I love watching games there but hate the moment I need a restroom or concession.

As crappy as the service is at Neyland Stadium concessions I know I won't be in line for many beers. I love watching games there but hate the moment I need a restroom or concession.

With the renovations, it won't be so bad once seating goes below 100K.

With the renovations, it won't be so bad once seating goes below 100K.
I don’t believe it’s gonna be below 100k. The last major renovation when it came from 107 to 102 it staying above 100 was a big thing. Don’t see why this will be any different

I don’t believe it’s gonna be below 100k. The last major renovation when it came from 107 to 102 it staying above 100 was a big thing. Don’t see why this will be any different

Since we seating even the most in the SEC anymore, that staying above 100K is less and less of a big thing.

I'm sure that some will take this as a sign of the apocalypse but I don't think it will make a noticeable difference. There has always been a fair amount of inebriation in SEC stadiums for many a year. I've been fairly inebriated in a few myself.

Reactions: Remy and VolinMC
I think since only about 70k or so show up now, it won't be priority.

I'm sure that some will take this as a sign of the apocalypse but I don't think it will make a noticeable difference. There has always been a fair amount of inebriation in SEC stadiums for many a year. I've been fairly inebriated in a few myself.

True, but having attended many pro and college football games I definitely think the college football games are more family friendly, and I attribute that to the absence of alcohol.

VN Store

Back