SEC going with 1 permanent?

That’s still on the table, to do 1-7 and play everyone every two years.

Who would be UT’s permanent?

Who do you want as UT’s permanent?

Imagine Alabama permanent would be Auburn. Mississippi schools play each other. UF versus Georgia. OU vs TX Missouri vs Ark, LSU vs A&M. SC vs KY and UT vs Vandy. Just my guesses.

Can see a scenario also where AU wants to keep the oldest rivalry alive and it’s AU vs UGA and Alabama vs Tennessee. Then Florida would throw a hissy. There’s a reason people don’t like change. I wish they would quit messing with CFB.
The above seems likely but I don’t like lsu vs tamu permanent. Besides proximity, doesn’t make sense to me, how is it meaningful? If the latter scenario happens then florida likely end up with lsu, and id be fine with that haha

T
I wouldn't be surprised if they went with one permanent which on it's face, would look like it got rid of old rivalries like UT-Bama and AUB-UGA, but then the SEC buys itself a year by putting Bama in UT's rotation the first year and UGA in Auburn's. That would make it where the first true year without those games would be 2025, and the SEC would have another whole year to try and shake ESPN down for more money and for public sentiment to grow to force ESPN to pony up to save the rivalries.
This ⬆️ is next level, genius negotiation tactics if true

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I wasn’t…….I said, “The ONLY school in the country that considers UT as their "biggest" rival is Vanderbilt.”

In conference, you’re probably correct on that
I'm not entirely convinced that MOST Kentucky fans consider us the biggest rival vs Louisville. They have just sucked for a while now and Kentucky routinely beats them.

9 games is much more likely than 8. I think it’s going to be 9, it is much more likely than 8 in my opinion! GBO

We are talking about SEC rivals.
It is UT in basketball and football.
We do have the most wins against UK in basketball too.
Again…..I wasn’t talking about just the SEC. I said in the country.

In the SEC, yes, UT is UKs biggest, most hated rival.
Overall…..it’s probably UL

Reactions: SpookyAction
I hope they reveal what the vote was and how each school voted.
im rooting for the 3-6 format instead of the 1-7 format.

I tried to tell people Alabama (Saban) wasn’t going to accept Tenn//LSU/ Auburn as their 3 in the 3/6 setup. They clearly didn’t. They found Vandy, Missouri,Ky,sC, OM& Miss St to support the 1-7 set up.

And I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tennessee in that group also. Having Vandy as the 1 every year is hard to pass up.

Imagine Alabama permanent would be Auburn. Mississippi schools play each other. UF versus Georgia. OU vs TX Missouri vs Ark, LSU vs A&M. SC vs KY and UT vs Vandy. Just my guesses.

Can see a scenario also where AU wants to keep the oldest rivalry alive and it’s AU vs UGA and Alabama vs Tennessee. Then Florida would throw a hissy. There’s a reason people don’t like change. I wish they would quit messing with CFB.
I thought the 3 permanent games they had setup worked better.

I'm not entirely convinced that MOST Kentucky fans consider us the biggest rival vs Louisville. They have just sucked for a while now and Kentucky routinely beats them.
Since Louisville is not in the SEC, it doesn't matter. We are the SEC team that Kentucky wants to beat the most. Bring the beer barrel back and everything would be OK.

I tried to tell people Alabama (Saban) wasn’t going to accept Tenn//LSU/ Auburn as their 3 in the 3/6 setup. They clearly didn’t. They found Vandy, Missouri,Ky,sC, OM& Miss St to support the 1-7 set up.

And I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tennessee in that group also. Having Vandy as the 1 every year is hard to pass up.
Kentucky has been the leader of keeping it 8 games since last years Spring Meetings. They want to keep it at 8 so they can have Louisville and then 3 different versions of Northmidwestern State College of the Blind University. Pretty much gets them then their 6 wins and a bowl.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went with one permanent which on it's face, would look like it got rid of old rivalries like UT-Bama and AUB-UGA, but then the SEC buys itself a year by putting Bama in UT's rotation the first year and UGA in Auburn's. That would make it where the first true year without those games would be 2025, and the SEC would have another whole year to try and shake ESPN down for more money and for public sentiment to grow to force ESPN to pony up to save the rivalries.
I’m starting to think that this is what is happening.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

They really should of had all this worked out before they plunged head long into expansion. It's like ready, shoot, aim.

It's a good way to kick the can down the road and buy yourself more time to ramp up pressure on the network.
It sounds like this 1-7 model is gaining momentum. If it comes out next week or the week after that people are going to be furious that UGA/Aub or UT/Bama aren’t going to happen annually. There will be a lot of pushback to make it happen.

VN Store

Back