Season 1 “Realistic” Expectations

1- Competitive Play
2- Disciple On and Off the Field
3- Improvement - An improvement in number of wins would be great, I would like to see continuous improvement in play from the beginning of the season to the end. I feel it will be unfair to judge him on wins in the first two years.

1- Competitive Play
3- Improvement - An improvement in number of wins would be great, I would like to see continuous improvement in play from the beginning of the season to the end. I feel it will be unfair to judge him on wins in the first two years.
Discipline not Disciple

I think 4-8. I think we will put up more points but I don’t see us stopping anyone. I think we are 3 years away from really competing. I am a die hard Vol fan and follow them when they win and lose. This is my team and won’t miss watching a game.

Reactions: Border Vol
I expect a minimum of 6-6

3 out of conference, Vandy, S.C. and either Ky or some other toss-up conference game.

Really depends on how fast the offense buys in to JH's offensive plan...If they can start executing they can win about 6 games but I am expecting around 4-5 and holding out hope they can somehow get around 6 wins...Gonna be tough tho.

It’s more than record, it’s our manner and intangibles.

Do we play hard? Do we persevere when the breaks go against us? Do we look like the smarter, better coached team? Do we look like we are having fun out there?

The answer to those questions have been “no” for far too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreyWolf1129
LOL You still live in the UK is automatic world. How cute.

I never said that. I said that we should beat them though. By three gimme games I was referring to Tennessee Tech, Bowling Green and South Alabama. Kentucky, South Carolina and Vandy being the other three games that we “should” win.

1- Competitive Play
Improvement is never completely lateral. It's more of a three steps forward two steps back kind of process. I suspect there will be moments when we play over our heads but also moments that we look like a Southern Conference team.

Bowling green-w
TTU-W
Vandy-W
USA-W

Pitt-?
SC-?
Mizzou-?
KY-?

Bama-L
FL-L
GA-L
Ole Miss-L

Obviously a lot to be determined with transfers, etc. but I’m leaning W aha sir South Carolina and I think we can snag one against MO, KY, or Pitt

I think 6-6 is reasonable expectation

I never said that. I said that we should beat them though. By three gimme games I was referring to Tennessee Tech, Bowling Green and South Alabama. Kentucky, South Carolina and Vandy being the other three games that we “should” win.
We have not been exactly world beaters of those gummies.

If Hooker can grasp this offense...we beat South Alabama, Vandy, Kentucky, South Carolina, Bowling Green, Pitt, Tennessee Tech. Mizzu being a toss up. We still have offensive weapons/speed at WR/RB and his legit dual threat can help over compensate for our thin Oline.
We will score a lot of points if we have Spring practice. The question will be defense. I think we could win as many as 7 and as few as 6. Unpack last year, teams wit have to score a lot of points to beat us.

I'm not sure how many wins we get but I believe we will win at least as many with Heupel as we would have with Pruitt. And we will score a lot more which adds to the fun.

My expectations are pretty simple:

Don't call plays to the point someone like myself can literally tell what you are about to do.

Show some development with the players from the beginning to end of season.

Show you can manage a game.

Get slightly better each year until year 5 or 6 you are constantly in the hunt for the east.

I’m gonna say 7-5 provided we hire a great DC. We have to slow our opponents scoring ability.
losing 63 to 62 would suck.

Go VOLS

If he's a good coach, and he does a good job, then I think he could win between 5-7 games. Honestly, that should be the expectation. Our roster is depleting, but it is still better than TN Tech, Bowling Green, South Alabama, Pitt, and Vanderbilt. Then we have legitimate toss up games with South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Missouri.

The bottom of the SEC is still bad. This past year's team, with even competent coaching, would have beaten Kentucky, Arkansas, and Auburn. We have had losses and defections, but who did we really lose that we cannot replace?

Eric Gray's talent will be difficult to replace, but I don't know that his production will be. He didn't have such a dominant season last year that our other runningbacks cannot replicate it.

Hank T - if he leaves - would be a big blow. He was the best defensive player we had last season, and we really could use him in an already thin LB corps.

Bryce is a tough loss. The guy has been a leader for several years now, and losing him stings.

Crouch? At no point has he been so good that he can't be replaced.

Wanya? He yo-yo'd with Jahmir all season because his play has been lackluster.

Jahmir? The coaches played him because Wanya continued to screw up, but it never seemed like they wanted to play Jahmir.

Keyshawn Lawrence could be a great player, but we don't know yet. He's gone, and we just have to make due in the secondary. I attribute him leaving pretty heavily to Jerm's refusal to play young players last year.

We could have used Deondre Johnson, I'll readily admit that.

I just think that there is likely more talent on this team than we are realizing, because they played so uninspired all of last season.
is that rhodes, as in formerly southwestern?

VN Store

Back